Movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24 release date)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice touch.

bvs-dark-knight-returns-143737.jpg

Batman_-_Dark_Knight_Returns_1.jpg

Wowee that trailer. But as someone already mentioned MoS had an amazing trailer too, will have to keep expectations in check.

But certainly looking the goods. Loved Bruce Wayne being at ground zero for the Zod fight and seeing his perspective.

Only negative for me was Eisenberg as Luthor, just sounded bad bad bad.

Wowee that trailer. But as someone already mentioned MoS had an amazing trailer too, will have to keep expectations in check.

But certainly looking the goods. Loved Bruce Wayne being at ground zero for the Zod fight and seeing his perspective.

Only negative for me was Eisenberg as Luthor, just sounded bad bad bad.

I actually liked what I saw from Luthor/Eisenberg, he did a bit to convince me he could be a tech genius billionaire who is confident/borderline arrogant in his opinion of his intellect. Obviously hard to make a call from such brief footage but I'm more optimistic than I initially was. Same goes for Gadot's Wonder Woman.

After having some more time to digest it/watching a few dissection videos of the trailer, I'm really impressed with some of the writing/themes they seem to be going for in BvS. Terrio looks like he'll help ensure BvS doesn't make some of the mistakes as Goyer's MoS.

We definitely saw a lot of why both Superman and Batman are motivated to do in that trailer. Superman is good at heart but the public at large seem to despise him (Mama Kent saying something like 'you don't owe them anything' and then going on to say 'he's a symbol of hope and all that some people have to believe in'). Clark seems to want to investigate (under the guise as a journalist) Batman who seems to be a wanted vigilante who doesn't answer to the law.

Then on the other hand you have Bruce who see's one of his buildings destroyed in the Zod v Superman showdown (and by extension, dozens of his employees killed by an alien with the power to exterminate mankind if he wishes). We see a Batman who's probably lost many friends and allies and is weary 'how many good men are left?' (plus the Robin costume) and who probably will stop at nothing to stop an alien he thinks will only cause more death and destruction. Seems like they aren't making either character the 'bad guy' or the 'good guy' - they are just laying out their motivations to the audience.

That line by Luthor near the end "the red capes are coming. The red capes are coming" was actually pretty cool (though I didn't get it at the time). I believe that is a famous quote from the American Revolution where the British (who were seen as tyrants at the time and who wanted to rule over them) army (who wore red coats) was attempting to make a sneak attack but were foiled when a messenger discovered and alerted the town's defence yelling 'the red coats are coming, the red coats are coming'. Obviously Superman has a red cape and Luthor doesn't trust someone who has the power of a god...pretty clever reference I thought.

Batman costume looks crap

Which one do you mean? From what I've read, it seems most fans are overwhelming in favour of both his standard and armoured suit.

I actually liked what I saw from Luthor/Eisenberg, he did a bit to convince me he could be a tech genius billionaire who is confident/borderline arrogant in his opinion of his intellect. Obviously hard to make a call from such brief footage but I'm more optimistic than I initially was. Same goes for Gadot's Wonder Woman.

After having some more time to digest it/watching a few dissection videos of the trailer, I'm really impressed with some of the writing/themes they seem to be going for in BvS. Terrio looks like he'll help ensure BvS doesn't make some of the mistakes as Goyer's MoS.

We definitely saw a lot of why both Superman and Batman are motivated to do in that trailer. Superman is good at heart but the public at large seem to despise him (Mama Kent saying something like 'you don't owe them anything' and then going on to say 'he's a symbol of hope and all that some people have to believe in'). Clark seems to want to investigate (under the guise as a journalist) Batman who seems to be a wanted vigilante who doesn't answer to the law.

Then on the other hand you have Bruce who see's one of his buildings destroyed in the Zod v Superman showdown (and by extension, dozens of his employees killed by an alien with the power to exterminate mankind if he wishes). We see a Batman who's probably lost many friends and allies and is weary 'how many good men are left?' (plus the Robin costume) and who probably will stop at nothing to stop an alien he thinks will only cause more death and destruction. Seems like they aren't making either character the 'bad guy' or the 'good guy' - they are just laying out their motivations to the audience.

That line by Luthor near the end "the red capes are coming. The red capes are coming" was actually pretty cool (though I didn't get it at the time). I believe that is a famous quote from the American Revolution where the British (who were seen as tyrants at the time and who wanted to rule over them) army (who wore red coats) was attempting to make a sneak attack but were foiled when a messenger discovered and alerted the town's defence yelling 'the red coats are coming, the red coats are coming'. Obviously Superman has a red cape and Luthor doesn't trust someone who has the power of a god...pretty clever reference I thought.

Which one do you mean? From what I've read, it seems most fans are overwhelming in favour of both his standard and armoured suit.

The suit is the best I've seen so far on film. Then again I'm bit of a Miller fanboy. Visually, its brilliant.

i predict in the final scene bats and supes team up.

Bold prediction.....

;)

The suit is the best I've seen so far on film. Then again I'm bit of a Miller fanboy. Visually, its brilliant.

Bold prediction.....

;)

BOOK READER :mad:

Dawn of Justice (league) ;)
^^^^^
BOOK READER!!!!!

superman and batman will realise they are not each others enemy. THEY are *points in another direction

Wonder Woman should have bigger cans.
Will go down as one of the worst casting decisions ever IMO. Wonder Woman should also have muscle and striking facial features. Gal Gadot is like a rake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing I don't get is why such a young Luthor existing at the same time as an older Batman, other than that I'm looking forward to it.

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor is genius because computer programmers and engineers nowadays are the new Billionaires who are in their early 20's.

Think of an evil Mark Zuckerberg against the old school businessman in Bruce Wayne.

Will go down as one of the worst casting decisions ever IMO. Wonder Woman should also have muscle and striking facial features. Gal Gadot is like a rake.

I think (from the trailer), she looked pretty decent as WW (at least in the fight scenes). I'm just more concerned about her 'Diana Prince' alter ego now as that will show her acting chops and whether they are up to scratch.

tumblr_nrc9l0LeEP1qdfs7xo3_540.gif

tumblr_nrd0dv2he61tq0wuto2_500.gif

simply brilliant. i know in movies there are heaps of errors and inconsistencies, but i watched those gifs countless times and everything, from angle of the beam to timing was impeccable

On the topic of gifs...:D
tumblr_nrc8txAL0Z1qzco77o1_500.gif

tumblr_nrc8txAL0Z1qzco77o2_500.gif

tumblr_nrc8txAL0Z1qzco77o4_500.gif

tumblr_nrc8jbswkY1s6z4zdo3_500.gif

tumblr_nrcy77Mluf1usq21ro1_500.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back