Movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24 release date)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes they will.

No one will care for Wonder Women, she looks like a crap WW anyway. The Flash will be boring, more so that we now have a tv show for him. Shazam may be saved because The Rock is attached to it and he does alright, Aquaman will go the same way as the last Green Lantern movie, as will the new Green Lantern movie. Suicide Squad will succeed if they go at it like Marvel did with Guardians of the Galaxy and just have fun with it, otherwise it'll flop bad. No high hopes for Cyborg.

They need Batman vs Superman to be batshit crazy and awesome to build a successful Justice League franchise.
Didn't Aquaman post Spiderman numbers? Even during a mass blackout??

Yes they will.

No one will care for Wonder Women, she looks like a crap WW anyway. The Flash will be boring, more so that we now have a tv show for him. Shazam may be saved because The Rock is attached to it and he does alright, Aquaman will go the same way as the last Green Lantern movie, as will the new Green Lantern movie. Suicide Squad will succeed if they go at it like Marvel did with Guardians of the Galaxy and just have fun with it, otherwise it'll flop bad. No high hopes for Cyborg.

They need Batman vs Superman to be batshit crazy and awesome to build a successful Justice League franchise.
There'll most likely be other characters in the standalone movies. Or they'll actually like the characters once they've seen justice league like the avengers did for captain America 2. Agree there's a lot riding on the batman vs superman and justice league but that's why I don't think they'll stuff them up. We'll see I guess.

You don't this weeks lottery numbers by any chance do you?

75% of those movies will flop.

Yes they will.

Saw this in the comments below the article, this would probably solve the problem pantskyle :p

original.jpg

Agree though, BvS will need to be huge to try and kick things off. If the movie flops at the Box Office, I'd be pretty worried for DC/WB's chances of getting anywhere near Marvel.

I have some worries about Gal Gardot and her ability to be a lead on her own movie - maybe since it's set to release the same year as Justice League, they'll use it to set that up (which might help make the movie more compelling)? I have no idea who the Flash actor is but he seems pretty highly rated which is at least good (given the choice, I'd rather have actors who can act than actors who look like the characters). Same for the guy playing Cyborg - don't think he's been in any movies to date? Still got plenty of time until his movie though.

I would have loved to have seen Manu Bennett's Deathstroke in Suicide Squad but if the universes are separate, I guess that won't be happening. Interested to see who they cast for Shazam and Green Lantern.

Cyborg is the only one i think will fail, unless they have a s**t script or use Ryan Renolds. I think Geoff Johns will be heavily involved in the scripts or outlines.

Shazam will flop if they dont get the Billy Batson/Capitan Marvel castings right, and i think they will need Superman in the film. they can then introduce that Supes is vulnerable to magic. Aquaman will do good not great unless they get an amazing script, Wonder Woman will do better than Aquaman. Green Lantern will do the best outside of the Superman/Batman or Justice League movies.

I think they should of done an Earth2 movie over Cyborg and have it before JL:2, like have hints in JL1 about the multiverse and then do a Earth2 or Earth-3 movie.

I want them to do something with The Specter in either his own TV show or a small part in a Film

Cyborg is the only one i think will fail, unless they have a s**t script or use Ryan Renolds. I think Geoff Johns will be heavily involved in the scripts or outlines.

Shazam will flop if they dont get the Billy Batson/Capitan Marvel castings right, and i think they will need Superman in the film. they can then introduce that Supes is vulnerable to magic. Aquaman will do good not great unless they get an amazing script, Wonder Woman will do better than Aquaman. Green Lantern will do the best outside of the Superman/Batman or Justice League movies.

I think they should of done an Earth2 movie over Cyborg and have it before JL:2, like have hints in JL1 about the multiverse and then do a Earth2 or Earth-3 movie.

I want them to do something with The Specter in either his own TV show or a small part in a Film

Good post.

I really can't see how Wonder Women can be successful though.

Agree with most of that too.

Cyborg might be okay, will definitely need a good supporting cast because I can't see Cyborg by himself being a compelling enough character for a standalone movie. It's scheduled for 2020 though so still years away - maybe the BvS and JL movies will set him up for a good movie (definitely prefer them introducing him next to other JL members than throwing him straight into his own movie).

I think Shazam will do well, especially if they market/target it as more of a fun style film - having the Rock will be a big help to add star power but you're right in that they need to get a good actor in for Shazam. I read some people throwing Brandon Routh's name up (Ray Palmer on Arrow and former Superman/Clark Kent), could be a decent choice.

Aquaman really needs to get a strong showing in BvS you feel. They need to set him up as a legitimate superhero/bad ass and shake the 'joke' tag he used to be perceived with.

WW is the one I'm most worried about but I think is also probably the one people have waited longest to see (of the stand alone movies) on the big screen so she might at least get decent numbers at the box office.

It won't be hard for them to improve what happened with the Ryan Reynolds GL movie, let's hope the same mistakes don't occur twice :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im not worried about Wonder Woman because there are some amazing solo stories for her. and in recent years Wonder Woman has been one of the best books DC put out every month. and have just given her to a new creative team. I just hope they can get Nathan Fillion to play Steve Trevor. i know he as always wanted to play Hal Jordan but i think he is too old for that now, and would be perfect for Trevor, and could introduce him as a cameo in BvS or just wait to WW and have him in the Justice League movie afew months later.

Lol. Should have had Batman v Green Arrow -
Wayne v Queen

Also David Ayer thats worse then Snyder.

I haven't seen any of his movies that he's directed though I'm keen to see end of watch and that new movie Fury, seems like he's done quite a few gritty style action movies though so maybe he's a good choice?

I'm more interested in seeing who they cast - some talk that Ryan Gosling, Will Smith and Tom Hardy are all on the shortlist plus the Aussie actress from Wolf of Wall Street I think.

So the guys that are making the flash tv show are also making the movie but with a diff actor.
Bit strange if the tv show is still going then.

Yeah, was thinking the same - especially since the show has started with really strong ratings.

That being said, I guess the tv audience might only be a fraction of the total audience that might see a Flash movie (which might get a lot more casual movie goers that don't watch the show so might go unnoticed by most people).

Would Hardy play Bane? Surely not? Be weird to see him as another DC character.
Doubtful.

The Nolan Batman era is dead along with anything that went with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back