Movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24 release date)

Remove this Banner Ad

The halo is an interesting touch. Seems his legacy is very similar to what Miller described in TDKR.

didnt this and the Superman "false God" poster get confirmed to be fake and fan made?

They both look s**t, like bad fan made ones.

Ah okay didn't know that, I saw it on screen rant which is usually a pretty reliable website. Usually.

They just look like a bad photoshop job. also why would WB use the "sad Batman" promo pic in a poster when they are going for "Real" posters

The thread is for exactly this sort of banter so i say play on.

FWIW if you are posting in here its pretty much guaranteed you will run out and buy tickets to see this 37 times in the first week, doesn't mean you can't hang s**t on some of the rumored directions and choices of the film. I thought MoS was average and generally thing Supes is a dull hero that doesn't translate well to the modern day but damned if i dont have fanboy fever over this film.

In that case

I still think Man of Steel was a big gigantic turd. Nothing like the trailers had built up and promised. Such a weak script, the start was good but the film was still poorly paced. The cliched dialog was the worst of all.

Not sold on Affleck as an actor and don't think he'll be good as Bruce/Batman

Hate that DC/WB are cashing in on the Marvel gravy train (I know they have every right to do it but like ughhhhhh it just smacks of being a copy cat lol - and I say this despite being a DC fanboy more than Marvel growing up). I would hope they have it planned out properly and not just going to throw a dart at a dartboard and hope for the best.

But yes I will probably still go see Batman vs Superman, it's on my birthday after all :D

The first 60% of that film is the best Superman adaptation that's ever been done.
The first 60% is pretty close to a modernised John Bryne's Superman the last 40% is Geoff Johns Superman.

John Bryne's Superman is pretty much what you need to be going for a shared universe Superman.

Last edited:
In that case

I still think Man of Steel was a big gigantic turd. Nothing like the trailers had built up and promised. Such a weak script, the start was good but the film was still poorly paced. The cliched dialog was the worst of all.

Hate that DC/WB are cashing in on the Marvel gravy train (I know they have every right to do it but like ughhhhhh it just smacks of being a copy cat lol - and I say this despite being a DC fanboy more than Marvel growing up). I would hope they have it planned out properly and not just going to throw a dart at a dartboard and hope for the best.

But yes I will probably still go see Batman vs Superman, it's on my birthday after all :D

It seems DC tried to differentiate themselves from the MCU by being as dark as possible. But that went to extremes with MoS, there was just no fun or laughs.

The first two thirds were well set up but then went downhill when Zod arrived. Too much religious symbolism as well for me.

Anyway, re: Batfleck, I think visually he looks magnificent. Looks as pure a Batman as I've seen so far.

Marginally ahead of George Clooney.

In that case

Mine too. I dont normally take day off for my bday but will then.

Wow, quite a bit of stuff revealed today - maybe building up for San Diego Comic Con next week?

comiccon-ew-1371-1372_459x612.jpg

I think these next pics are from the film so I'll chuck them in a spoiler section to be safe.
batman-vs-superman-01.jpg

diana-and-bruce.jpg

superman.jpg

batman.jpg

lex-luthor.jpg

zack-snyder.jpg

Interesting to see Luthor with hair! Suspect he'll shave it off at some point in the film?

Also, it seems Batman and Wonder Woman might know each other's true identities if Affleck's quote in this article is to be believed.

Oh and it seems kryptonite will exist in this film/universe.
http://www.ew.com/gallery/batman-v-...s/2233018_entertainment-weekly-goes-comic-con

Wow, quite a bit of stuff revealed today - maybe building up for San Diego Comic Con next week?

I think these next pics are from the film so I'll chuck them in a spoiler section to be safe.

diana-and-bruce.jpg

superman.jpg

batman.jpg

lex-luthor.jpg

zack-snyder.jpg

Interesting to see Luthor with hair! Suspect he'll shave it off at some point in the film?

Also, it seems Batman and Wonder Woman might know each other's true identities if Affleck's quote in this article is to be believed.

http://www.ew.com/gallery/batman-v-...s/2233018_entertainment-weekly-goes-comic-con

So it appears its within his armoured suit. Just like TDKR.

I wonder at what point in the film the battle takes place

(Log in to remove this ad.)

diana-and-bruce.jpg

superman.jpg

batman.jpg

lex-luthor.jpg

zack-snyder.jpg

i think Lex might be using a wig like in the first 2 superman Films. and didnt Snyder show a B&W photo of a bald Lex Luthor? and fans put color back in and had him in a prison jumpsuit

Last edited:
{spoiler] i think Lex might be using a wig like in the first 2 superman Films. and didnt Snyder show a B&W photo of a bald Lex Luthor? and fans put color back in and had him in a prison jumpsuit [/Spoiler]

thanks for the spoiler!

;)

So it appears its within his armoured suit. Just like TDKR.

I wonder at what point in the film the battle takes place

I'd guess that the kryptonite might only appear in the 'final' battle between the 2 to give Batman the edge.

Wasn't there a rumour that Luthor would 'develop' itself during the course of the film using the body of Zod?

i think Lex might be using a wig like in the first 2 superman Films. and didnt Snyder show a B&W photo of a bald Lex Luthor? and fans put color back in and had him in a prison jumpsuit

Yep you're right - there was a bald pic doing the rounds and I seem to recall even on set, Eisenberg wearing a towel over his head to cover it?

So it seems like he might start off with a mop of hair (wig) and then shave it off later in the film? I guess the wild/unkempt hair might play into his character as a 'genius'.

All DC superheros have the same tailor it seems. Why do they have to mute the colours like they do? All marketing material has to disguise the fact that everyone is colour blind in the DC universe by ramping up the colours on posters and mechandise. It looked s**t in Superman Returns and still looks s**t now.

All DC superheros have the same tailor it seems. Why do they have to mute the colours like they do? All marketing material has to disguise the fact that everyone is colour blind in the DC universe by ramping up the colours on posters and mechandise. It looked s**t in Superman Returns and still looks s**t now.

Superman Returns? You mean Man of Steel surely?

350x700px-LL-bbf2f777_supermen.jpeg

FWIW, I think they've added a bit more colour to his BvS costume. This is his costume from MoS.
Man-of-Steel-Superman-Suit.jpg

Also, judging by the cover, it seems WW's costume has seen some colour injected. Below is the original costume revealed from last year's SDCC.

rs_634x950-140726103816-634.Wonderwoman-Zack-Snyder.jl.072614.jpg

I think the colour palette they are going for seems to fit in more with the world they hope to create for the movies. Hopefully we can see Flash and some Green Lantern(s) costumes revealed this week too.

Superman Returns? You mean Man of Steel surely?

350x700px-LL-bbf2f777_supermen.jpeg

It started with Superman Returns with the maroon that made him look like drunken Superman from the Reeves film. Instead of it being ditched like all the other bad ideas in that film, they upped with MOS.

Great look.... if you want to be mistaken for Xena.

It started with Superman Returns with the maroon that made him look like drunken Superman from the Reeves film. Instead of it being ditched like all the other bad ideas in that film, they upped with MOS.

Great look.... if you want to be mistaken for Xena.

Haha how does having maroon make Routh's Superman look 'drunk'? I don't follow. Quite a few people said Superman Returns was a more faithful film to the original than MoS was which I would agree with but it seems like Snyder wants to take the DCCU in a different direction from the 'classical' versions we've seen in the past.
brandon-routh-christopher-reeves-superman.gif

I think WW's costume looks fine (I'm more worried about Gadot's acting chops but I think the costume has helped give me faith she'll pull it off) - they've said she's going to be portrayed as a warrior and given she's a from warrior race like the Amazons, it makes sense for her to 'look' like a warrior. I'm glad they didn't go the stars and stripes route as that would have been cringe worthy IMO.

Haha how does having maroon make Routh's Superman look 'drunk'? I don't follow. Quite a few people said Superman Returns was a more faithful film to the original than MoS was which I would agree with but it seems like Snyder wants to take the DCCU in a different direction from the 'classical' versions we've seen in the past.

I think WW's costume looks fine (I'm more worried about Gadot's acting chops but I think the costume has helped give me faith she'll pull it off) - they've said she's going to be portrayed as a warrior and given she's a from warrior race like the Amazons, it makes sense for her to 'look' like a warrior. I'm glad they didn't go the stars and stripes route as that would have been cringe worthy IMO.

Routh's resemblance to Reeve is uncanny, was probably the main reason he was chosen for the role.

I did like that suit from Superman Returns.

Superman Returns costume has similar colours to the drunk Superman from Superman 3.
drunk-superman.jpeg

And of course SR is more faithful. It's basically a rehash of the original film storyline, only dumber. MOS was a rehash of both Superman and Superman 2. After 70 plus years of Superman stories you'd think they could cherrypick something different. Hopefully this new film does.

Gal Gadot is just the worst choice. Nothing against her, but why is she in the role?

It's like casting David Spade as Batman. Go home WB, you're drunk.

Yeah, she's the one casting choice I'm most iffy about. Really hope she smashes it though. I think she was being linked to a Ben Hur remake so directors must (hopefully) see something more than a just a pretty.

Routh's resemblance to Reeve is uncanny, was probably the main reason he was chosen for the role.

I did like that suit from Superman Returns.

Agreed Glen - I actually think Routh was fine in the role too, was just let down with a bad script. Was happy to see him cast as Atom in Arrow and Flash.

Superman Returns costume has similar colours to the drunk Superman from Superman 3.
View attachment 149979

And of course SR is more faithful. It's basically a rehash of the original film storyline, only dumber. MOS was a rehash of both Superman and Superman 2. After 70 plus years of Superman stories you'd think they could cherrypick something different. Hopefully this new film does.

Ah. I see, understand the reference now.

I think they are going with a different perspective based off what Cavill said:

“I like to think that 'Man of Steel' was the perspective of the world from Clark, Kal-El, looking at the world and trying to exist with in it. Batman v Superman' is definitely more mankind’s perspective of Superman.”

Given what happened in MoS, it's only natural that many would still not trust him. Will be good if they address that side of things IMO.

Interesting read, not sure if true or not. Warning (possible) plot spoilers

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/3c5kmi/potential_spoilers_a_detailed_plot_of_batman_v/

Dang. If that is true, that's really cool!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back