BBL04 Game 27 - Sydney Sixers v Adelaide Strikers @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you finish top, you DO deserve a home final. This has always been the case for Australian Domestic competitions.

No you deserve to play in the final. No team should 'deserve' home advantage, and neutral games are actually better for neutrals anyway. For the last time, it is one game, you have played all your games plus the likely prelim at home, you have has plenty of home games. It is one game, it is disappointing but it is the same for everyone- meaning teams in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Tasmania, Perth are all in the same boat. It will be back to the home ground host formula in 2016.

No you deserve to play in the final. No team should 'deserve' home advantage, and neutral games are actually better for neutrals anyway. For the last time, it is one game, you have played all your games plus the likely prelim at home, you have has plenty of home games. It is one game, it is disappointing but it is the same for everyone- meaning teams in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Tasmania, Perth are all in the same boat. It will be back to the home ground host formula in 2016.
Why shouldn't you deserve a home final? Considering that has been the format for as long as I remember. Should the Sheffield Shield final be played in the NT or overseas? No because it's just not practical.

It's always been that the highest ranked team has hosted the final and all the teams know that. So it is deserving as the teams are aware that that is the advantage they're playing for.

Lol.

So Sydney should host home finals at Subi right?

Sydney has been as well. Thankfully, things seem to have gone ok for Canberra, though: I guess that's the main thing.
At least Sydney get the Australia Day ODI, we've had that ******* ripped off us.

Sydney has been as well. Thankfully, things seem to have gone ok for Canberra, though: I guess that's the main thing.

How have Sydney being shafted?

Got an ODI against South Africa
Get Adelaide's traditional ODI match
Get pretty decent world cup matches.
Get a semi final (would be Australia's semi final if Australia make it)

Lol.

So Sydney should host home finals at Subi right?

If that was the ground available and the WC was on I wouldn't be whinging. Would just support the team at the home games I get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you take away the home advantage for the team finishing first in the final, there is absolutely no point in finishing first.

Rest your team and finish second. No difference.

Play the 4th best team perhaps? This is the BBL not AFL, play it at the top teams home ground and it will be well supported, not that hard

But Canberra is just as available as Adelaide

Not when there are MAJOR WC games at the AO. You are whinging for the sake of whinging, I don't see the big deal one single bit, it is still a cricket game, you get 20 overs each. You don't NEED to be at home, heck the Strikers won tonight easily away from home

Not when there are MAJOR WC games at the AO. You are whinging for the sake of whinging, I don't see the big deal one single bit, it is still a cricket game, you get 20 overs each. You don't NEED to be at home, heck the Strikers won tonight easily away from home

There is no such thing is a non-major World Cup game.

Anything not involving the big nations is 'non major', unless you really believe the might of Bangladesh or Holland are going to lift the trophy! It is lovely for the area to get the game, but these games if the pitch is a fraction under it isn't as big a deal.

A major world cup game more than a fortnight after.

Why should 50,000 South Australian's miss out on possibly the states first silverware in a long, long time?

Anything not involving the big nations is 'non major', unless you really believe the might of Bangladesh or Holland are going to lift the trophy! It is lovely for the area to get the game, but these games if the pitch is a fraction under it isn't as big a deal.

Every single nation at the World Cup is, or should be, afforded the same treatment.

It speaks volumes as to how much attention you pay beyond the Test world that you think the Netherlands are even at the World Cup this year.

I think they loyal fans who turn up game after game think otherwise. It's not just about the game of cricket. It's for the fans to give something back from helping the team to get this far into a tournament.

This.

A major world cup game more than a fortnight after.

Why should 50,000 South Australian's miss out on possibly the states first silverware in a long, long time?

There is this thing it is called a plane, I have heard that they do fly from Adelaide to Canberra daily.

I have said over and over again, it is one single game, CA haven't taken away your prelim as well, just one game....at that is IF and I mean IF you make the final. Just play the game, last I looked you get 20 overs and you bowl 20 overs and it doesn't matter where you play.

There is this thing it is called a plane, I have heard that they do fly from Adelaide to Canberra daily.

I have said over and over again, it is one single game, CA haven't taken away your prelim as well, just one game....at that is IF and I mean IF you make the final. Just play the game, last I looked you get 20 overs and you bowl 20 overs and it doesn't matter where you play.
Do you just ignore what everyone says?

How have Sydney being shafted?

Got an ODI against South Africa
Get Adelaide's traditional ODI match
Get pretty decent world cup matches.
Get a semi final (would be Australia's semi final if Australia make it)

On many counts. The rescheduling of the traditional Test match dates was arguably the biggest disaster. But the WC fixturing for the country's biggest city is poor, to say the least; compare what it gets to Melbourne and various of the bigger NZ cities. It also gets just one WC match for the first 21 days of the tournament and has as many games in the pre-finals phase as places like (dare I say it) Canberra. There was only a single game of BBL fixtured for the SCG between 20 December and 13 January (you know, the prime part of the holiday season when people don't have to go to work and have a lot of other associated commitments). It's likewise an insult to put matches on at a place that clearly wasn't ready for cricket last week. There was also a complete utensil-up with the transferring and retransferring of the Matador Cup games early in the season. And on and on it goes, for a city that (at absolute worst) should have the second best line-up of games.

Last edited:

Magnificent advice.

The small matter that the game is already sold out, and that families can't really afford to have paid in advance for a flight to another city during the week when their kids are at school when they didn't even know their team was a chance at making the final, is clearly irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back