Opinion Beams deal reviewed - incoming players (bumped, see post #672)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How have Brisbane won the trade I know greenwood got injured but but crisp looks a good player and de goey is going to be a superstar short term they have long term we have 3 players to contribute to our next premiership
The fact Crisp looks a good player in our team is a problem, he's ordinary, he wouldn't have gotten a game in 2011 with us I see him as the Luke Rounds type in 2011. In fact if Luke Rounds was still with us today he'd be in our best 10 players.

If Beams destroys us round 1 that will tip the trade their way straight away.

Only for those who can't see the forest for the trees

How has the Bears won the Trade. We won’t know for about another 10-15 Years

Bloke is a star its pretty simple Dave right now they have won the trade unless DeGoey becomes as good

The fact Crisp looks a good player in our team is a problem, he's ordinary, he wouldn't have gotten a game in 2011 with us I see him as the Luke Rounds type in 2011. In fact if Luke Rounds was still with us today he'd be in our best 10 players.

A guy starts to show something and you think it is a problem for the team. Your posts are getting worse by the day.

Bloke is a star its pretty simple Dave right now they have won the trade unless DeGoey becomes as good

Well them being Ahead of the Trade at the moment and Winning is 2 DIfferent Things.

What I seen of De Goey so far. I can see De Goey being as good as Beams in a few years

Apart from eightball, I reckon crisp is going to be a very handy player for us.

I was bitterly disappointed that he was part of the trade, but once he was ours I've accepted him with open arms.

Reckon he is gonna improve through the roof over the next 6-18 months. I like what I've seen seen so far. Big body, runs well, very nice athlete, strong and his decision making is much better than I expected. Will thrive at pies.

If Rounds would be top 10 for us why hasn't been picked up by anyone?

Becasuse he is not AFL Standard,

Look at the 2008 Draft does not look all the Great Now

I dont think that he means that Rounds would be a top ten player now.....in reality. He's using a dramatic statement to make his point and to promote himself as a concerned Collingwood supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This kind of thinking is just moronic. It is the end result that counts not what might happen. There are no winners or losers at this point in time, just potential winners and losers. It will not be for another five years before we can judge this. I dare say the scum and weagles might still be arguing over who one the Judd trade. Given the scum haven't won a flag with Judd you could automatically argue they lost because that was the expectation.

Apart from eightball, I reckon crisp is going to be a very handy player for us.

I was bitterly disappointed that he was part of the trade, but once he was ours I've accepted him with open arms.

Reckon he is gonna improve through the roof over the next 6-18 months. I like what I've seen seen so far. Big body, runs well, very nice athlete, strong and his decision making is much better than I expected. Will thrive at pies.
Couldnt agree with you more.Esp with a gun like pendles teachin him the ropes

normally if a star player decides to leave a club, the club doesnt win... think ablett ...franklin... brendon goddard...luke ball

Fair call, although in the Ball case we offered Wellingham or Goldsack and a pick from memory.
Ironic that all three players played in a premiership together.

normally if a star player decides to leave a club, the club doesnt win... think ablett ...franklin... brendon goddard...luke ball

Didn't the Cats win another Flag after GAJ left? And the Hawkers did OK last year without Bud. I think clubs can bounce back pretty well if a star departs....not like they have any choice but to?

I agree.

I don't see why people are excited about Crisp. In 3 years he only managed to play 6 games (all at the end of that period) for a bottom-6 club. He may have put up good numbers in those games, but nothing about his history at brisbane excites me. He was just a sweetener to the trade, nothing more. (at this stage)
He is like any late draft/rookie pick up. I'm sure the club do see some things they like, and they have a responsibility to "talk him up" as a recruit - but that doesn't mean that we are going to particularly see him in the 22. (and looking at our squad - I would have him way down the list right now).
I think it is fair for people to be "excited" while its preseason, but I hope that most peoples expectations become more realistic once the season gets well underway.

Whether Crisp would have got a game for us in 2011 is irrelevant. Its now 2015, hes four years older and we are at a different stage in the cycle.

Hes basically a freebie, a mature age pickup if you like. Right size and shape, suits our no short people policy during trade week. His preseason form is good so I'm excited to see how he goes.

Didn't the Cats win another Flag after GAJ left? And the Hawkers did OK last year without Bud. I think clubs can bounce back pretty well if a star departs....not like they have any choice but to?

well isnt that the point.... measuring penis size about who won the beams thing is irrelevant... what matters is whether we win a premiership in the next few years.

well isnt that the point.... measuring penis size about who won the beams thing is irrelevant... what matters is whether we win a premiership in the next few years.

If all threads were about "will we win the premiership in the next 2-3 years" Bigfooty would be pretty boring. Why cant we analyse the trade and continue to analyse it over time?

Whether Crisp would have got a game for us in 2011 is irrelevant. Its now 2015, hes four years older and we are at a different stage in the cycle.

Hes basically a freebie, a mature age pickup if you like. Right size and shape, suits our no short people policy during trade week. His preseason form is good so I'm excited to see how he goes.

You can call Crisp “Steak Knives” of the Trade.

A player we Liked that pretty much cost us nothing

I agree.

I don't see why people are excited about Crisp. In 3 years he only managed to play 6 games (all at the end of that period) for a bottom-6 club. He may have put up good numbers in those games, but nothing about his history at brisbane excites me. He was just a sweetener to the trade, nothing more. (at this stage)
He is like any late draft/rookie pick up. I'm sure the club do see some things they like, and they have a responsibility to "talk him up" as a recruit - but that doesn't mean that we are going to particularly see him in the 22. (and looking at our squad - I would have him way down the list right now).
I think it is fair for people to be "excited" while its preseason, but I hope that most peoples expectations become more realistic once the season gets well underway.

People are excited about him because of his encouraging performances this NAB Cup which greatly contrast a lot of peoples' expectations of him....

You can call Crisp “Steak Knives” of the Trade.

A player we Liked that pretty much cost us nothing
Fact is, we wanted better and ended up with what they offered which wasn't good enough for a star of the afl that's why we held out as long as we did. We had to cave and accept their shitty offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back