Opinion Beams should man up and become a leader.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it really a hanging offence what he said????

Those floating the idea of trading Beams have absolutely no idea. He's a total gun, one of our top 3, who has previously commited to us when he no doubt had other offers.

If Beams is unhappy, and he does go to the Lions for $, it would be better than us losing him over FA.

If we get pick 4, plus something else we like, does it mean that we may open up some cash to lure Dangerfield via FA?

Pies lose Beams
Gain
Dangerfield, pick 4 and sweetener (second rounder/ player (Lewis Taylor?)/ second round upgrade?), Darcy Moore.
We could still have a play at Gartlett in the second round?

Will not leave the cows.

At the time he made the comments we're were basically a zero chance.
Several things fell our way on the weekend. Unfortunately Richmond won.
Now we are a small chance, worth a shot for sure. No harm done from beams comments.

For once I feel THATSGOLD has a bit of a point. Hated the comment from Eade as well that finals were "almost impossible". It's still more or less in our hands, so we should be telling our players we have high EXPECTATIONS. However, I think Beams has been one of our only 2 or 3 onfield leaders this year, so I don't see his leadership as a big problem. Will stay a Pie too IMO. I would say he is just disappointed as his season has disintegrated a bit like ours.

Last edited:
One can only hope that Beamer doesn't ever hear these fallacies because he has been one player that has stood up when it counted almost from his first game. He has played at a very high standard for his entire career and despite injury setbacks he has come to the fore whenever it was needed. Why do people feel the need to drag down the best of what we have?

Beams is fine and his comments are apt. We are so cooked that we are charred. Even if there was a miracle and we beat the Hawks, we'd get done round one of the finals no matter who we'd play. Way too many injuries and fatigue at our club ATM.

I doubt very much Beams is going anywhere and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the leadership group next year. The club would be mad to let him go as he'll go close to our best and fairest this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back