Remove this Banner Ad

TigerandFordfan

Draftee
Sep 27, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Ford
was I the only one that thinks the main Charater Jake Scully aka Sam Worthington looked so like Benny its not funny, I said to my mate in the cimiema, he could pretend to be Benny so easily its not funny.
Did anyone else think he looked like him or am I going bonkers?

was I the only one that thinks the main Charater Jake Scully aka Sam Worthington looked so like Benny its not funny, I said to my mate in the cimiema, he could pretend to be Benny so easily its not funny.
Did anyone else think he looked like him or am I going bonkers?
Hehe I said the same thing to my girlfriend.

I went and saw it yesterday! great movie!
yeah he looked just like him i kept bringing it up and my four other mates i went with could see the resemblance also!

YES! No one else I shared this with agreed with me though, and when you look at photos of Sam from other stuff he looks totally different. But in the movie it was like watching Ben's slightly less hot twin brother, mmm.:heart:

gee i hope he brings his avatar with him round 1. great leap, fast pace, would take a strong grab and twice as tall as anyone else in the game!

i thought the same thing when i saw it, straight away pretty much :)

Does anyone else think that Jordan Mcmahon was on survivor last week and he got voted out ;) hopes its not because hes already skinny enough as it is let alone him starving on a island for 20 odd days :p

i thought the same thing when i saw it, straight away pretty much :)

Does anyone else think that Jordan Mcmahon was on survivor last week and he got voted out ;) hopes its not because hes already skinny enough as it is let alone him starving on a island for 20 odd days :p
Geez man, that's a long bow.

Didn't pick it up myself. Horrible movie though. No movies nowadays seem to rely on the story to interest viewers, just mindless special effects, just stuff to please the eyes. Avatar's plot is horribly thin, predictable, has many holes and it is very cliched.

Didn't pick it up myself. Horrible movie though. No movies nowadays seem to rely on the story to interest viewers, just mindless special effects, just stuff to please the eyes. Avatar's plot is horribly thin, predictable, has many holes and it is very cliched.

you would be very much in the minority with that opinion. i for one thought it was an amazing film.

In your defence, (and I haven't seen the movie yet) the movie critics I've read who loved it....gushed about the special effects.

And the critics who didn't like it, EXACTLY echoed your sentiments. So you are not alone.

I will have to see it.

Just one question.....Am I going to see a movie of alien-like lifeforms from a distant planet....who have similar head and facial symmetry as us? :eek: The odds? Helllllloooooooo 'Lost In Space'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you would be very much in the minority with that opinion. i for one thought it was an amazing film.

Haven't seen it and don't really care to, mainly because 80-90% of reviews I've read agree with tigers4premiers.

Mind you, I took the kids to see The Tooth Fairy the other day and I thought it was great, despite a couple of dubious plot points.

Commentator: "What the ****, it's a nav'vi on the Footy field!

Commentator: "Don't worry, it's just Benny in his avatar."

:p

+1 for truth.

If you want to watch Avatar in 3D, you might as well put on Pocahontas or Dancing with Wolves and take LSD at the same time.

But yes, Sam Worthington does look like Ben Cousin.

Totally agree. Most overrated film since LOTR. :thumbsdown:

Totally agree. Most overrated film since LOTR. :thumbsdown:
Except LOTR was actually a good movie. Still overrated though, the third movie would've been better if they hadn't cut out all the stuff at the end of the book that they missed. The first was easily the best though. But once again - book > movie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back