Rumour Benny Gale

Remove this Banner Ad

He will stay until the end of the season.

He will set up a system for future success and guide the new coach into the job.

He will end up at the AFL operations role with special reference to onboarding Tasmania.

The operations role needs attention given some of the sh1t they have done in the last 6 years.

Tassie far from done deal, the STALKING HORSE STADIUM not exactly popular and will get less popular once detail on how much will cost, initially and evermore. Don't get me wrong, Tassie ought have an AFL team in national comp, but, reckon the AFL just insisted on stadium to make them go away, but Premier went for it, and likely now, he will go away. Hopefully Benny doesn't!!!

It shouldn’t really matter. Gale, Peggy and Dimma have left the place better than when they started, it’s just a matter of maintaining what they created
They’ll be a succession plan in place , most likely the CFO , bennys exec team been around him for a while . I hope that Hartley and Livingstone remain , would be handy to have some heads around who where architects of our last dynasty

If Benny was to move to the AFL, I’d rather he not be part of the recruiting team of the new coach.

I think it’s important that the new CEO have some ownership of the appointment of the new coach.

I don’t think you can replicate the relationship between Gale & Dimma but you can aim to get as close as possible. Last thing you want is the new coach being aligned to the old CEO and the newbee not a supporter - particularly if there’s a rocky period early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right now I feel sorry for Hopper and Taranto they were sold a pipe dream and it's all turning bad.
I can't imagine how they both feel right now.
Reckon they’ll be okay…They could still be jogging on the spot in front of 6,000 people each week…Regardless of who their Coach is, they’d be loving their Tiger life, and have 7 more years of it…To maybe lead the club back and get some silverware (their first)…

Full credit to Dimma and Benny G.
I remember meeting Benny at a members' day at the club, think it was in 2016.
He was really friendly, was really interested in my conversation, spent ages talking.
I always felt, was dogmatic in fact, that Dimma would deliver success at Tigerland.

Right now I feel sorry for Hopper and Taranto they were sold a pipe dream and it's all turning bad.

Yeah, they’d be shattered. Gone from missing finals and playing in front of a man and his dog to probably missing finals and playing in front of 80,000+ 4 times already this season.

Not to mention both getting 7-year deals to set them up for life.

Yep, they’d be distraught …..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They would be disappointed no doubt, but this is footy & they would know this sort of stuff happens.

Tassie far from done deal, the STALKING HORSE STADIUM not exactly popular and will get less popular once detail on how much will cost, initially and evermore. Don't get me wrong, Tassie ought have an AFL team in national comp, but, reckon the AFL just insisted on stadium to make them go away, but Premier went for it, and likely now, he will go away. Hopefully Benny doesn't!!!
What the Afl wants The Afl gets. I can't recall another corrupt organization never getting what they wanted. The correct way would have been is to make up the team play where Hawks play. See how successful they are and how many people actually turn up. Than worry about a ground as the time for talk like that is not right as people cant find a house to sleep in. I would hate to watch some games there and have crowds like GWS pull in what a mistake that was.

What the Afl wants The Afl gets. I can't recall another corrupt organization never getting what they wanted. The correct way would have been is to make up the team play where Hawks play. See how successful they are and how many people actually turn up. Than worry about a ground as the time for talk like that is not right as people cant find a house to sleep in. I would hate to watch some games there and have crowds like GWS pull in what a mistake that was.
Tasmania’s love for the AFL , isn’t what Gill would like to think .
The states local footy has been declining at a massive rate , meaning the largest portion of the population doesn’t actually give an * about AFL.
It’s quite evident the publicised budget for the stadium is well below what it’s likely to cost with Tasmania as a state required to meet any short fall which Tasmania’s are rightfully objecting .
It’s a PR nightmare for the AFL as they would like it to be seen as though everyone is falling over themselves to be involved .
I suspect the stadium will get built but the government is going to be bent over by independents to make it happen

Was there some mention, during Dimma’s exit , regarding Benny’s future for which he shut down quickly ‘ heard and know nothing of that ‘ of words to that affect ?
One of the journos asked if Gale was going to afl house or something to that effect (couldn’t really hear the questions
The no microphones on the journos)

Gale just shut it down pretty pick saying he doesn’t know anything about that and his priority now is working with the board to set out the criteria in what we want as our next coach

Just seemed like typical political spin by giving an answer without giving an answer

O’Rourke was SEN yesterday and said (referring to Gale)

“He’s not got this challenge to work with the coaching team and work with the board on a new appointment.

“We’ve got a big redevelopment project Brendon is passionate about, I think he’s very committed to that for the near term at least.”

Makes me think he will see out the year and the search for a new coach but beyond that I think he’s on his way to afl house

One of the journos asked if Gale was going to afl house or something to that effect (couldn’t really hear the questions
The no microphones on the journos)

Gale just shut it down pretty pick saying he doesn’t know anything about that and his priority now is working with the board to set out the criteria in what we want as our next coach

Just seemed like typical political spin by giving an answer without giving an answer

O’Rourke was SEN yesterday and said (referring to Gale)

“He’s not got this challenge to work with the coaching team and work with the board on a new appointment.

“We’ve got a big redevelopment project Brendon is passionate about, I think he’s very committed to that for the near term at least.”

Makes me think he will see out the year and the search for a new coach but beyond that I think he’s on his way to afl house

I think Gale is a man of his word , I also think he would know the boys club exits and unless the top dog where he could influence change he would be hesitant to join the AFL .
The fact it is well known he was the clubs choice for ceo provides him with great and probably the greatest influence within his current role at club level .
In saying that Benny did seem very deflated at yesterday’s press conference .

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back