News Brendan Gale to Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Just make sure the replacement keeps us strong financially and makes sure the football department keeps abreast of strategic trends and where the game is actually at and where it's heading. I won't continue to support a delusional joke of a club. 37 years was enough and I won't do it again.

Also, be realistic when setting expectations for the fans. The netherworld we have been in since the last flag is doing my head in. Be honest with the fans when we are rebuilding and do it properly. The messaging has been more realistic in the last few months but only because every single key in the premiership cog has departed. This is the final piece I guess. It's over.

Perfect guy to have as a candidate
Resume as good as anyone and isn’t a peanut

Age isn’t an issue imo as long as they have the right skills
Is Dan the guy who they have working with the afl overseas or something like that? I remember an ex tigers player in that kind of role but can’t remember if it was specifically Jackson
Nah he works at the Crows "Head of Leadership and Development at Adelaide Football Club"

Perfect guy to have as a candidate
Resume as good as anyone and isn’t a peanut

Age isn’t an issue imo as long as they have the right skills
Is Dan the guy who they have working with the afl overseas or something like that? I remember an ex tigers player in that kind of role but can’t remember if it was specifically Jackson
What are Daniel Jackson's credentials? I know he has done some leadership stuff at the Crows but is he really good enough to be a CEO?

What are Daniel Jackson's credentials? I know he has done some leadership stuff at the Crows but is he really good enough to be a CEO?

From his wiki but it’s incomplete with other roles he has had

Jackson was awarded the inaugural Jim Stynes Community Leadership Award in 2012 for his work with a number of community programs. Jackson was also an active delegate and board member of the AFL Players Associationthroughout his career

Continuing with his passion of helping people and community work, Jackson has created Foundation Performance to maximise individual performance capabilities.[2] He also travelled and volunteered in Nepal with THISWORLDEXISTS, an Australian nonprofit to hike to Everest Base Camp and support educational improvements in Nepalese communities.[3]

Jackson achieved an ENTER score of 96.65, and has completed Commerce studies at the University of Melbourne.[4]

I read an article saying that Gale already has someone in mind internally to take over if we chose to go that way.

That reminds me of my workplace "After a worldwide search we have hired the best candidate, Mick from Marketing".
Caroline Wilson said that last night, but she also said Richmond would go to the market as well, their are a lot of good experienced CEO's out there.

You guys will be right.

Ready made replacements.

View attachment 1925721
Even if nobody really took it serious it's hard to begrudge them. Won 3 flags after they publicly put some heat on so who knows what if any impact it had

Just like you guys won 3 after Dank and the Weapon did their thing.. see even the most unsavoury characters sometimes play a crucial part in success.

Not a shock. Maybe some new blood will help return us to the top. But we must not let go the discipline that has got us to be a powerhouse financially and with supporters.

Tassie will likely be a my 2nd team now. I don't have one, but I love Tassie as a place to visit and they have waited too long for this team.

Benny will have learnt form CG and GWS and the Tassie team will probably be stronger quicker.

Yeah it's gonna be hard to replace Gale with an ex player. Benny worked as a commercial lawyer, then was CEO of the players association before becoming Richmond CEO. So he had plenty of experience not just with AFL but financially too as a commercial lawyer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A truly amazing contribution to the club from Brendon. If he goes to Tassie he goes with my best wishes. We all owe him big time - 3 premierships, that is crazy looking back on it - what a ride. I introduced myself to him at the Brownlow a few years ago and thanked him for his contribution to the club. He looked and acted like he’d prefer to be in the dentist chair than talk to me 😂😂 but when I get over that you cannot underestimate his ENORMOUS contribution to the club - so grateful for that!!!!!!

Yeah it's gonna be hard to replace Gale with an ex player. Benny worked as a commercial lawyer, then was CEO of the players association before becoming Richmond CEO. So he had plenty of experience not just with AFL but financially too as a commercial lawyer.
We need someone that knows the business world & is real good financially & with the redevelopment of Punt Rd.
It's no knock on Jackson and I am sure he's not an idiot either. but this is a massive job make no mistake about it.

I read an article saying that Gale already has someone in mind internally to take over if we chose to go that way.

That reminds me of my workplace "After a worldwide search we have hired the best candidate, Mick from Marketing".
The Mick that is related to the guy that left?!?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back