News Brendan Gale to Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

He'd be 37 at the start of next season. Without doing any homework I'd guess that'd comfortably be the youngest club CEO ever. It's a fair question. Not sure he has the experience just yet.
Sounds like the perfect age to rope in a magnificent human being of high integrity for the next 30 years.

What creates a dynasty?
Best president in a generation (Benny)
Best coach in a generation (Dimma)
Best player in the generation (Dusty)

Hard truth but it feels like we won’t get that same quality again any time soon.
Considering that a team in an 18 team comp with equalisation measures can only expect to win a flag every 18 years, we got 54 years worth of flags in four years. So not likely to happen again soon by us or any team.

Bc he would be BG best replacement by a county mile. He was an articulated young man at the age of 14. He’s an amazing human being and would bring quality people like him and Benny into the place. Probably the smartest footballer behind BG I’ve ever met at the RFC and he must be first on our list bc of his mature and professional background.
I’m not bullshitting about this as both these men are of high morals, integrity , intelligent and their professionalism higher than most in the AFL domain that I’ve ever met.
I agree TI he would grow into the role and would be just the tonic For a bold new era

Considering that a team in an 18 team comp with equalisation measures can only expect to win a flag every 18 years, we got 54 years worth of flags in four years. So not likely to happen again soon by us or any team.
Some teams don’t win flags
Saints
Suns although short history
Dogs one in 50 chance
GWS with short history are a good chance, but nothing yet. Still look likely though
North
Fremantle
Carlton and Essendon have dropped right off and still look a long way off.
Melbourne are 1/70 chance

Adelaide and Port still have not answered the footy fans for awhile. Adelaide won their two flags with Elite state players gifted to them. Port similar.
Brisbane got state players and best lion players and haven’t won anything since. Still up there, but ?..

Good flag winning teams are

Hawthorn seem to come up with bursts of at least two
Geelong are always competitive as they have the right recipe.
Collingwood bob up
WCE do the trick of bottoming out then pinching one
We were awful for 37 years, but beat the average so we need to be respected
Swans always competitive

It's a sad day when he goes. Good luck to the Tassie team at least they will have a good start with someone proper to guide them.
It's even sadder when some of our stars join him eg Jack. I can't get over how that traitor Sheedy considers himself a bomber lol

It's a sad day when he goes. Good luck to the Tassie team at least they will have a good start with someone proper to guide them.
It's even sadder when some of our stars join him eg Jack. I can't get over how that traitor Sheedy considers himself a bomber lol
Coach of GWS too. Wore a Giants scarf on the grand final. Alienting for sure. Baraasi is a life member at 4 clubs, Lethal flags at 3 clubs. Hafey coached at 2 clubs after Richmond.

The 37 year drought ending has been an amazing effort by Benny, Peggy and others. Almost everyone has moved on Gale may as well too.

I saw a lot of RFC during late 60s and 70s and Sheedy playing career here I rate. The best Kevin to play for the club.

Jack R might have success down there. he will always be a Richmond legend first.

Funny seeing Cotch working on TV and up at the Lions..

Traitor?

If they win a flag.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alan Joyce?

The Qantas guy? I hope you’re joking rfc!? I wouldn’t want that bloke anywhere near us.

He did a terrible job at the airline and if people think Benny Gale pushed woke policies wait till they get a load of Joyce. He will have us playing in rainbow colours and marching in the Mardi Gras. At one stage there at Qantas he threatened cabin crew staff with the sack if they didn’t wear buttons promoting the gay marriage vote.

No, I’d cancel my membership if they appointed him.

Some teams don’t win flags
Saints
Suns although short history
Dogs one in 50 chance
GWS with short history are a good chance, but nothing yet. Still look likely though
North
Fremantle
Carlton and Essendon have dropped right off and still look a long way off.
Melbourne are 1/70 chance

Adelaide and Port still have not answered the footy fans for awhile. Adelaide won their two flags with Elite state players gifted to them. Port similar.
Brisbane got state players and best lion players and haven’t won anything since. Still up there, but ?..

Good flag winning teams are

Hawthorn seem to come up with bursts of at least two
Geelong are always competitive as they have the right recipe.
Collingwood bob up
WCE do the trick of bottoming out then pinching one
We were awful for 37 years, but beat the average so we need to be respected
Swans always competitive
Dogs stole it, a few others also did the same in recent years

One would think if everybody is fleeing a supposed sinking ship at least they would give us and Yze some reasonable draft picks to kickstart again

What creates a dynasty?
Best president in a generation (Benny)
Best coach in a generation (Dimma)
Best player in the generation (Dusty)

Hard truth but it feels like we won’t get that same quality again any time soon.
Probably add best captain in a generation with Cotchins but yeah the stars aligned, unlikely to happen again.

The Qantas guy? I hope you’re joking rfc!? I wouldn’t want that bloke anywhere near us.

He did a terrible job at the airline and if people think Benny Gale pushed woke policies wait till they get a load of Joyce. He will have us playing in rainbow colours and marching in the Mardi Gras. At one stage there at Qantas he threatened cabin crew staff with the sack if they didn’t wear buttons promoting the gay marriage vote.

No, I’d cancel my membership if they appointed him.
Yeah reckon we go after him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back