Rumour Benny Gale

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know the man, I only see what we see in public.
I would imagine his sombre appearance at Dimmas presser was a combination of shock, sadness and trying to piece together what has rapidly developed in the previous 48hrs.

Club would have long term plans and procedures in place and no less than 24hrs prior, those plans have been shook.
He's dealing with the premature end of the most successful coach we've had in 50yrs, and on top of all that, someone he had a great working and personal relationship with. I can only imagine he is full of all sorts of conflicting emotions from his personal and professional state of mind.

He was openly emotional when we had the 2017 flag in the bag, numerous cutaways to him openly crying in the stands with Peggy.
This has been his body of work for the last 12-15yrs and it's reaching the end of its cycle, players are retiring, and coaches are moving on.
It's a rough time for the man who has overseen all of it, and a man who has been so strong and decisive throughout it all.

I don't know why he'd go for an AFL job after being treated so poorly during CEO AFL process.

Also, Caro reported many times the AFL didn't like the way the Tigers acted in the HUB during covid.

By AFL that is direct reference to Gilligan and Shocking. They hated us and still do. But one is gone and the other will be before the end of the year.

Dill is a much better bloke and a Tiger to boot. With the coast clear Benny will land at the AFL.

Personally, I can't wait for Benny to scrap the stand rule and pay Shocking back for the hard time he gave us.

Wow, watching him on Footy Classified and man is he a well spoken and classy individual. He must stay and it will be a big loss if he does decide to head to the AFL at seasons end (he gave no indication either way IMO)

Either way as we have been for the last 13 years, we are in very capable hands for our next coaching appointment.

For all the romantic pull of Tasmania Benny would have a lot to consider given Melbourne has been his life for the last 35 years
Depends really on individuals. We moved here in 72 from Greece sister couldn't wait to get married and pack up go back where I have never been back in 52 years.I still remember my 10 years there but this feels home for me. He might also want a new adventure as we only live once and imagine what he can leave behind if he succeeded back home! I like you feel he will stay here but who knows.

Talk about the wheels falling off if Gale is goneski too. Seriously, whilst I understand nothing is forever, losing all 3 pillars in pretty much one hit could be catastrophic for the club. Peggy replaced can be managed, even dimma can be managed with the appropriate process, but then to lose our ceo fresh after those 2 departures I fear will be a bridge too far. If he could stay on for anor another 2-3 years then go with our blessing, now is not the time

Let's hope he stays.
Benny was the main figure in the Richmond dynasty imo.
He was responsible for leading the team that identified the strengths and weaknesses of not only the coach but the whole football department and getting them the support they needed to fill the gaps.
He and Balmey are the crucial two we need to stay and build another football program.

Let's hope he stays.
Benny was the main figure in the Richmond dynasty imo.
He was responsible for leading the team that identified the strengths and weaknesses of not only the coach but the whole football department and getting them the support they needed to fill the gaps.
He and Balmey are the crucial two we need to stay and build another football program.
Only if drive is still there

I also have it on good authority we will have Gale for the next 12 months at least pending on how our transition is going.
I’d be pretty certain there’s a succession in place with his role too be filled internally , with the PRO development about to start and the evolution of our side , we need stability and seamless transition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm 100% certain Gale's going to the AFL once seasons over and new coach is appointed. It's gonna suck losing him but I'm sure his replacement will be more than capable. Best thing is with him and Andrew Dillon running the circus, our days of getting shafted will be behind us.

Hocking looked after the Cats, McLaughlin looked after the Saints. These 2 combined will be taking the piss especially with the unknowns. Lose an average player to FA previous 3rd round compensation becomes a 2nd. Good player Daniel Motlopish (Ross/ Graham/Baker) hello 1st rounder comp. All of a sudden the draws more tiger friendly: play Brisbane and Port at the G only with them coming off a 6 day break. More marquee games and timeslots. Marvel games against easy kills.

Let alone the umpires free kick discrepancy cos don't tell me Benny hasn't fumed on that same as us punters. When the equalisation kitty is doled out end of year clip the Bloose, Bummers, Dawks, Pies harsher etc.... There's that many unknown variables that can cruel one teams season and inflate another. For the first time in the history of the VFL/ AFL we're gonna have the 2 most powerful blokes in office colluding for our great clubs benefit and unless they're too bloody obvious who's going to know much less challenge them.

1689068079745.png

I'm 100% certain Gale's going to the AFL once seasons over and new coach is appointed. It's gonna suck losing him but I'm sure his replacement will be more than capable. Best thing is with him and Andrew Dillon running the circus, our days of getting shafted will be behind us.

Hocking looked after the Cats, McLaughlin looked after the Saints. These 2 combined will be taking the piss especially with the unknowns. Lose an average player to FA previous 3rd round compensation becomes a 2nd. Good player Daniel Motlopish (Ross/ Graham/Baker) hello 1st rounder comp. All of a sudden the draws more tiger friendly: play Brisbane and Port at the G only with them coming off a 6 day break. More marquee games and timeslots. Marvel games against easy kills.

Let alone the umpires free kick discrepancy cos don't tell me Benny hasn't fumed on that same as us punters. When the equalisation kitty is doled out end of year clip the Bloose, Bummers, Dawks, Pies harsher etc.... There's that many unknown variables that can cruel one teams season and inflate another. For the first time in the history of the VFL/ AFL we're gonna have the 2 most powerful blokes in office colluding for our great clubs benefit and unless they're too bloody obvious who's going to know much less challenge them.

View attachment 1735531
Benny will take his cue from Richo and bone us at every opportunity to signal his integrity and neutrality..

Benny will take his cue from Richo and bone us at every opportunity to signal his integrity and neutrality..

There's a big difference between Benny and Richo. Richo's dumb as dog 💩 his work prospects are basically being Richo. Benny's brilliant, accomplished and basically every single organisation in the country would be seduced into appointing him to their board or some high ranking position. The AFL have had us bent over for years. Benny will even up the ledger nothing surer.

There's a big difference between Benny and Richo. Richo's dumb as dog 💩 his work prospects are basically being Richo. Benny's brilliant, accomplished and basically every single organisation in the country would be seduced into appointing him to their board or some high ranking position. The AFL have had us bent over for years. Benny will even up the ledger nothing surer.
Yep
Comparing Benny to Richo is like comparing Beer to Urine. lol

View attachment 1735531
giphy-3169904163.gif

He'll leave, along with Dimma and Peggy (Cotchin the leader on the on-field side of things) that was the era pretty much. They'll all depart as legends of the era.
Legends of the era yes, however I still believe Benny will stay around for abit longer.

The AFL will appoint an executive general manager (EGM) of football in the coming weeks and the job is Brendon Gale’s if he wants it. Tom Morris
Think he should do it

He is definitely the best person for the job and we know it’s true when oppo’s who absolutely hate us also think he should be the man doing it

Although it’s going to leave some very big shoes to fill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back