Bendigo FL Thread 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you here the one about the Kangaroo Flat player who stabbed his team mate in the hand at a social function. Poor fella who was stabbed was then refused a clearance!! Club did a good job brushing this little episode under the carpet.:mad:

think you will find it was team mates shaggy. had a go at two of the boys, so the story goes

Did you here the one about the Kangaroo Flat player who stabbed his team mate in the hand at a social function. Poor fella who was stabbed was then refused a clearance!! Club did a good job brushing this little episode under the carpet.:mad:

Does any one know any more about this?????

Only watched 2nd half of the match due to other commitments. The last half resembled more of a rugby match, with more scrums than a state of origin match. Both sides got some ordinary decisions, as the umpires were reluctant to ball the ball up.

In the end, a stupid 50m penalty (throwing the ball back way past the Strath Storm player gridiron style) by Maryborough cost them the game as the 50m brought the player (Sullivan I think) 10m directly out in front. Storm seized control of the last 5 minutes of the match from then on. So if Fisher is referring to one of these free kicks in front of goal, he has only got his players to blame.

I think you will find Fisher is very honest - maybe too much at times - and most certainly let his players know it was themselves and no-one else who cost them the match. The 50m penalty culprit and those who make other poor choices at crucial times will have copped it much more than any umpire. If he is bewildered by numerous adjudications though, he wouldn't be on his own, and is entitled to ask the questions he has of the ump's advisor.

Make no mistake, he is a big wrap for Strath and the direction they're going. He previously made the call also that the Slagheads have what it takes this year. No sour grapes or putting other clubs down, he is very complimentary in how he speaks of the Bendigo FL. Strath deserved their win because they played better than his team, which has its own struggles.

Can anyone give us a run down on Grant Weeks - where does he come from ? How old is he and why isnt he playing at least in the VFL ?

21-22 years old, was an elite junior player Representing Vic Country and being one of the Bendigo Pioneers top talents in the Seasons of 2005 & 2006. He spent the 2007 & 2008 Seasons with the Bendigo Bombers where his standout performances included 5 goals out of the teams 6 goals in a heavy loss to Collingwood, and a match against the Northern Bullants where he dominated Carlton listed player Senata O’Halpin kicking 4.6 playing across the half forward line. He kicked 124 goals in 2009 for Colbinabbin in the Heathcote league, along with winning Colbinabbin’s Best & Fairest

Can anyone give us a run down on Grant Weeks - where does he come from ? How old is he and why isnt he playing at least in the VFL ?

He is a Colbinabbin boy. Played in a couple of flags out there with his first when he was about 4 years old alongside blokes like Toot Torgan, Damien Slater & Co.

He would have to be about 22-24 now.

Went through the Pioneers system for a couple of years whilst still being aligned to Colbo. Was on the Bendigo Bombers list 2 years ago where is played a fair bit of senior footy there.

Went out to Colbo again last year to play off in a granny and kick 120 odd goals for the year.

No doubt he could be playing VFL at the top level still.

I think you will find Fisher is very honest - maybe too much at times - and most certainly let his players know it was themselves and no-one else who cost them the match. The 50m penalty culprit and those who make other poor choices at crucial times will have copped it much more than any umpire. If he is bewildered by numerous adjudications though, he wouldn't be on his own, and is entitled to ask the questions he has of the ump's advisor.

Make no mistake, he is a big wrap for Strath and the direction they're going. He previously made the call also that the Slagheads have what it takes this year. No sour grapes or putting other clubs down, he is very complimentary in how he speaks of the Bendigo FL. Strath deserved their win because they played better than his team, which has its own struggles.

He does seem to know and love his footy. Apart from what I mentioned earlier about the umpires I was very impressed with the way he addressed his players

Re: What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #3

Im an outsider looking into the league and was wandering what gisbourne football club is like? Good club, do they get many to the home matches? Cheers

Re: What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #3

Im an outsider looking into the league and was wandering what gisbourne football club is like? Good club, do they get many to the home matches? Cheers

Up until last season, Gisborne were an absolute powerhouse. Played in about six GF's in a row, winning most of them. "Rebuilding phase" now.

Their facilities are good, and supporters loyal despite having to travel much more than they once did when in Riddell DFL. Last year the members elected to remain in the Bendigo FL after being tempted by a very generous deal from Ballarat FL. Even after the committee voted to jump ship. Credit to them for sticking where they are - only time will tell if they prosper again.

You're probably best hearing Kings Army's response anyway.

Bit of a dissapointing day for the Dragons on Saturday. It was the perfect game to try and bounce into the mix for a top 3 gig, and we made some challenges at Eaglehawk but they were just that bit too good for us.

Duesch would have been real handy, and could have got us over the line. Anyway we will just have to get on a roll come finals time!!

Which lends me to think, who does everyone think will get 5th spot? The Storm seem to be a bit of a smokey now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a dissapointing day for the Dragons on Saturday. It was the perfect game to try and bounce into the mix for a top 3 gig, and we made some challenges at Eaglehawk but they were just that bit too good for us.

Duesch would have been real handy, and could have got us over the line. Anyway we will just have to get on a roll come finals time!!

Which lends me to think, who does everyone think will get 5th spot? The Storm seem to be a bit of a smokey now?
Kain Robins would have been real handy for Eaglehawk too Dragon Fly.
Still next Saturday is a real opportunity to display some character.

Bit of a dissapointing day for the Dragons on Saturday. It was the perfect game to try and bounce into the mix for a top 3 gig, and we made some challenges at Eaglehawk but they were just that bit too good for us. Duesch would have been real handy, and could have got us over the line. Anyway we will just have to get on a roll come finals time!!

Was a big test and failed IMO. If Hurst can't beat the Burra at the QEO, they would have to go up about 3 gears to beat Square and South.

Making too much of the Duescher / Robins thing. In Round 3, both were B.O.G. for their respective sides and Hurst still lost by 33 points. On the weekend with both out, Hurst lost by 25 points... so they cancel each other out.

With Duescher B.O.G. on the weekend for the Bombers, need to get used to him not being available.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still positive. And speaking to the blokes Sat night, so are they. Dragons have the talent / cattle... just have to put it together on the same day against the top sides. Looking fwd to Saturday, was a great game last time!

Why do you think it's so unrealistic?

Just thought the GC of all clubs (armed with their huge array of draft picks and access to un-contracted players) would not being showing much interest in someone who is 2 years out of elite football.

My surprise in the rumour comes not from his ability. I think he would be a great pick up for any club in the rookie draft, but thought if any attention was to come his way it would be from the other clubs trying to uncover hidden talent in compromised drafts.

A 21 year old KPF who has kicked consecutive tonnes, one in a major league just after half way would not be out of place in an AFL environment next season.

Good luck to him.

Just thought the GC of all clubs (armed with their huge array of draft picks and access to un-contracted players) would not being showing much interest in someone who is 2 years out of elite football.

My surprise in the rumour comes not from his ability. I think he would be a great pick up for any club in the rookie draft, but thought if any attention was to come his way it would be from the other clubs trying to uncover hidden talent in compromised drafts.

A 21 year old KPF who has kicked consecutive tonnes, one in a major league just after half way would not be out of place in an AFL environment next season.

Good luck to him.

I suppose the thing was they took Harris, Coad and Iles last draft, so it's not just the big names they are chasing - it's building a club around certain types of players that they think will take them forward, regardless of reputation.

If they are talking to him, I'm sure they are kicking themselves now because he will come at a much higher price in terms of a pick than he would have last season.

Could find room for him at Hawthorn as a spoil for Franklin and Roughead, similar to what Boyle used to do.

Anyone else noticed that the Weeks/Gold Coast rumour started on Chalkey Auld's blogsite.
Remember who Chalkey's bro. is :confused: That's right ... the CEO of the new club, that's who.

2/. Someone asked about C'maine jumpers. I think they are a heritage strip but our old mate MaineMan would be able 2 shed more up to date info.

3/. x_box_x: nice vid on the Weeks 100-plus goal effort at the Camp. But he finished the day on 106 goals, not 105. Can you go back in and fix it.

Anyone else noticed that the Weeks/Gold Coast rumour started on Chalkey Auld's blogsite.
Remember who Chalkey's bro. is :confused: That's right ... the CEO of the new club, that's who.

2/. Someone asked about C'maine jumpers. I think they are a heritage strip but our old mate MaineMan would be able 2 shed more up to date info.

3/. x_box_x: nice vid on the Weeks 100-plus goal effort at the Camp. But he finished the day on 106 goals, not 105. Can you go back in and fix it.

Just need to correct you there 5th Qtr. Travis Auld (GC17 CEO) is Chalkie's cousin, not brother....

We do have a nice run over the next 4 weeks Dragon fly with C'maine (H) followed by: Kyneton (A), Gisborne (H) then the 'Flat (A). Very much all winnable games....don't write us off for the finals just yet...

A question for Fatman (or anyone connected with Kyneton).

What is your club's attitude to Sunday football?

I would rate next Saturday's match against Gisborne as a pretty big deal for both clubs. From your point of view it has been a long time between drinks for a victory over the Bullldogs - a win could even see you in 8th spot on the ladder which for all your troubles would give your committee real satisfaction.

I think a lot of football supporters would be interested in the result of the game and if it was played on Sunday you would draw a much bigger home gate.

What are your thoughts on this?

A question for Fatman (or anyone connected with Kyneton).

What is your club's attitude to Sunday football?

I would rate next Saturday's match against Gisborne as a pretty big deal for both clubs. From your point of view it has been a long time between drinks for a victory over the Bullldogs - a win could even see you in 8th spot on the ladder which for all your troubles would give your committee real satisfaction.

I think a lot of football supporters would be interested in the result of the game and if it was played on Sunday you would draw a much bigger home gate.

What are your thoughts on this?

I think you'll find the juniors are running around on Sunday Albury so it wouldn't be feasible in this case.

They have the old style logo on the front as well as a white 'v' at the top and then on the back they are a Collingwood style black and white strips below the black panel for the number.

I don't think they are a replica of anything, more of a mash up of a few different jumper styles from over the years.

Take a bit of getting used too but I reckon they look good. Good to have something different.

On another note I am quietly confident this could be our week to break through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back