Bendigo FNL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to be some rambling on about how good the standard is getting in the BFL in the media... But I'm not sure I have seen it.

Square have dropped off.
Strath have picked up but no where near what Square have been in recent years.
We're still up and down like a yo yo.
South and Gisborne are handy but have had better sides in the past 5 years.
What Does everyone reckon?

Seems to be some rambling on about how good the standard is getting in the BFL in the media... But I'm not sure I have seen it.

Square have dropped off.
Strath have picked up but no where near what Square have been in recent years.
We're still up and down like a yo yo.
South and Gisborne are handy but have had better sides in the past 5 years.
What Does everyone reckon?

A close competition is a quality competition. No side is as good Golden Square was last year. No side will be for a while, I'd say.

will have a little look at storm and hawks this sat. yet to see these 2 clubs in 2012 and will be interested to c if the hawks have really slipped, and if so, how far
pickles --- forgotten ur freo boy crowley was originally from Gizzy. think another ex-Gisborne player going around in the AFL ranks, too.

will have a little look at storm and hawks this sat. yet to see these 2 clubs in 2012 and will be interested to c if the hawks have really slipped, and if so, how far
pickles --- forgotten ur freo boy crowley was originally from Gizzy. think another ex-Gisborne player going around in the AFL ranks, too.
Brent Reilly

Anyone catch Acker playing for Castlemaine on the weekend?

How did he perform, and what kind of crowd did they get to the Camp?

Anyone catch Acker playing for Castlemaine on the weekend?

How did he perform, and what kind of crowd did they get to the Camp?

Acker actually played quite well, very accurate disposals that hit a team mate on the chest nearly everytime. The game was played in good spirit and close for most of the day with what appeared to be quite a good crowd.

I see kent kingsley and adam simpson are going to be pulling on the jumper for kyneton, is this a one off or will they play the season out ?

I see kent kingsley and adam simpson are going to be pulling on the jumper for kyneton, is this a one off or will they play the season out ?
I'm sure it will be great for the town and club if these guys plus Thompson play, but whats happened to the "rebuilding with local youth" policy they've been preaching about ?

Not sure about the direction in which the Kynton Footy club are heading towards. They are signing these ex afl players for two reasons; to boost the numbers attending the game so they can have enough cash to pay the absorbent amount of money they are paying their coaches (which IMO are not worth it and money would be better spent on attracting young guns from other leagues) and to create a circus like atmosphere to distract the attention away from their poor performances, culture and and direction of the club. Adam Simpson is a very very respected player and person and will no doubt be a thrill for the younger players in the club and he will no doubt still be in pretty good nik but I saw Kent Kingsley play 4 years ago for a VAFA and it wasn't pretty, he could barely move and at best he provided a contest and nothing more. I can't see him being able to have any impact for them unless he has managed to get any younger in the past 4 years?

Not sure about the direction in which the Kynton Footy club are heading towards. They are signing these ex afl players for two reasons; to boost the numbers attending the game so they can have enough cash to pay the absorbent amount of money they are paying their coaches (which IMO are not worth it and money would be better spent on attracting young guns from other leagues) and to create a circus like atmosphere to distract the attention away from their poor performances, culture and and direction of the club. Adam Simpson is a very very respected player and person and will no doubt be a thrill for the younger players in the club and he will no doubt still be in pretty good nik but I saw Kent Kingsley play 4 years ago for a VAFA and it wasn't pretty, he could barely move and at best he provided a contest and nothing more. I can't see him being able to have any impact for them unless he has managed to get any younger in the past 4 years?

G'day there Bendigo Boy - Tim da Tiger here. You seem to know alot about our club. I'd just like you to inform all out there in big footy world exactly what it is you know. You made some big statements above about the amount that we are paying our coach's, our culture, and the direction of our club. Could you please elaborate on what you know about this. Of course, having a good knowledge of the club, I could go ahead and defend and answer your critical analogy of these points, however, since you seem to already know quite well, I think it's best you answer the questions for all out there to hear. How about, I pose the questions to you, and you give us your best answer.

1) How much is Nathan Thompson on?
1b) Would you think that Thommo, after a 10+ year career in the AFL, and an ever increasing role in AFL media outlets, would spend significant hours of his week working on all things Kyneton Football Club, both on and off the field, and in turn put his hand out for excessive amounts of money which would negate all the tremendous work he has done, and continues to do, for the KFNC?
2) How much is Derrick Filo on?
2b) Would you think that Derrick, who has had one of, if not, the greatest playing and coaching records in BFL history, would put his reputation on the line if he didn't believe in the direction of the KFNC - knocking back many other offers, of significantly higher value to his pocket, to take on the Kyneton role?
3) What club at any level of footy would not be interested in boosting their attendances at home games to maximize their potential profit, to enable them available finances for further opportunities benefiting the direction the football club is heading in?

All in big footy land, and particularly those with current links and interest in the Kyneton Football Netball club, await your answers with anticipation.

I think kyneton are hitting the right marks here, the development they will get from these players would far out weigh what they would learn playing week in week out, they may miss a week b'cos of these players but watching them and if they train with them they will benefit from this..(younger players)

on a financial side its great for the club if the can get 4 ex afl players to be playing on the same team. irrespective on how their fitness is etc.
im sure any of the 9 other clubs would love the financial injection the club will get from these players, no matter where they are on the later,

good on em, they are in a developmental stage currently, what better way to try to fast track by playing with some players that have played elite football,

bendigo boy you are attracting the wrong players if you are trying to lure young guns who hang around for one year also they mayebe guns from other leagues maybe good there but dont always transpose into good footballers at other leagues, paying the amounts that you would, its not worth for the club and not worth it for the young players playing currently

I think kyneton are hitting the right marks here, the development they will get from these players would far out weigh what they would learn playing week in week out, they may miss a week b'cos of these players but watching them and if they train with them they will benefit from this..(younger players)

on a financial side its great for the club if the can get 4 ex afl players to be playing on the same team. irrespective on how their fitness is etc.
im sure any of the 9 other clubs would love the financial injection the club will get from these players, no matter where they are on the later,

good on em, they are in a developmental stage currently, what better way to try to fast track by playing with some players that have played elite football,

bendigo boy you are attracting the wrong players if you are trying to lure young guns who hang around for one year also they mayebe guns from other leagues maybe good there but dont always transpose into good footballers at other leagues, paying the amounts that you would, its not worth for the club and not worth it for the young players playing currently
Whichever way they go about it, lets hope for Kyneton's sake they can improve and keep themselves in the Bendigo FL..... Cos shits getting ugly in the Riddell FL with accusations of king hits and a bloke being kicked in the head on the weekend.

That is one thing that this league and its clubs should be really proud of i reckon - very rarely do we even see a report these days.

Whichever way they go about it, lets hope for Kyneton's sake they can improve and keep themselves in the Bendigo FL..... Cos shits getting ugly in the Riddell FL with accusations of king hits and a bloke being kicked in the head on the weekend.

That is one thing that this league and its clubs should be really proud of i reckon - very rarely do we even see a report these days.

Agree BB. Would have been a long time since an 8 week suspension was handed out in the BFL. On top of players jumping the fence and assulting umpires it is not really a comp you would encourage your kids to be part of. I suppose the better standard of football attract the better and more level headed players.

Alot of old dinosaurs go to end their career in the RDFL and maybe pick up a few dollars on the way out - shame most have a chip on their shoulder and want to go out swinging or kicking or fence jumping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree BB. Would have been a long time since an 8 week suspension was handed out in the BFL. On top of players jumping the fence and assulting umpires it is not really a comp you would encourage your kids to be part of. I suppose the better standard of football attract the better and more level headed players.

Alot of old dinosaurs go to end their career in the RDFL and maybe pick up a few dollars on the way out - shame most have a chip on their shoulder and want to go out swinging or kicking or fence jumping.

And yet with all thats going on in the BFL, all you guys can talk about is the RDFL?. Bad things happen in all leagues from time to time, from K town being s**t to players jumping the fence. Just so happens that the fence jumping In the RDFL was 5 yrs ago where as Ktown have been s**t for about the same amount of time or longer.

I have no idea how Kyneton are travelling this year, only results I look at are Square's, but in my opinion Kyneton are doing nothing wrong in grabbing a few ex AFL players on board. It's only going to increase the local interest in the club, get more people in the gates, younger blokes will stick around to play with and learn from these fellas as opposed to going to the RDFL etc for extra coin.

Providing that they're not filling the whole 21 with old has beens and that they're really pushing the younger kids through, then they seem to be on the right track from an outsiders view. Hope they get the club back up and running well as they have been a bit of a shambles in recent seasons.

With Grant Weeks on track to kick 150 again and the Bendigo Addy boys picking him as the number 1 player in the comp again, is there any doubt he is the best full forward this league has seen ?

I know he hasnt been around that long and has a fair way to go to catch Best, Oliver and co, but by seasons end it is more than likely he will have 450 goals on the board in 3 seasons.

With Grant Weeks on track to kick 150 again and the Bendigo Addy boys picking him as the number 1 player in the comp again, is there any doubt he is the best full forward this league has seen ?

I know he hasnt been around that long and has a fair way to go to catch Best, Oliver and co, but by seasons end it is more than likely he will have 450 goals on the board in 3 seasons.

Weeks is a star but not in the class of Best and Oliver, IMO.

I only saw Ollie in his late years but he had unbelievable hands and his kicking for goal was top notch.

Best's record speaks for itself.

Ollie played league footy and would have played 100+ games at the Blues had he of stayed in Melbourne and Best was constantly being chased by league clubs.

I'm not sure weeks is quite AFL standard. Is definitely good enough to hold down a rookie spot. He's a better forward than Justin Maddern, who kicks goals at VFL level.

I only saw Ollie in his late years but he had unbelievable hands and his kicking for goal was top notch.

Ollie played league footy and would have played 100+ games at the Blues had he of stayed in Melbourne and Best was constantly being chased by league clubs.

I'm not sure weeks is quite AFL standard. Is definitely good enough to hold down a rookie spot. He's a better forward than Justin Maddern, who kicks goals at VFL level.
Fair Enough. I reckon another 2 or 3 inches in height and he'd be a massive chance to play league footy. If he plays in the BFL for 10 years, he should end up with 1200 odd goals i guess.

How many would Crameri kick a year if he played in the BFL ? More than 150 ? Maybe

The reason Ollie did not play a heap of games down at Carlton had nothing to do with moving to Melbourne and more to do with not wanting to break a sweat in the training stakes. Bendigo wouldnt have seen much of Ollie if he even got himself half interested in training. Could roost that footy the big O.

Weeks is going to be one of, if not the best if he keeps it up for a few years.

Some blokes might not want to test themselves out at higher levels, and might just be happy to play where there mates are. A lot of scrutiny on AFL listed players these days.

The reason Ollie did not play a heap of games down at Carlton had nothing to do with moving to Melbourne and more to do with not wanting to break a sweat in the training stakes. Bendigo wouldnt have seen much of Ollie if he even got himself half interested in training. Could roost that footy the big O.

Weeks is going to be one of, if not the best if he keeps it up for a few years.

Some blokes might not want to test themselves out at higher levels, and might just be happy to play where there mates are. A lot of scrutiny on AFL listed players these days.

True but for $500,000 a season i'm sure l could put up with some scrutiny.
There is not many jobs where you can earn big bux, live a regular lifestyle & go about your quitely.

And yet with all thats going on in the BFL, all you guys can talk about is the RDFL?. Bad things happen in all leagues from time to time, from K town being s**t to players jumping the fence. Just so happens that the fence jumping In the RDFL was 5 yrs ago where as Ktown have been s**t for about the same amount of time or longer.

The reason we are talking about the RDFL is that Kyneton has been spoken about leaving the BFL for the RDFL - and that it would be a very very bad move. Sure the team they have now would play finals but who wants to be king hit and kicked in the head?

How are the Lancefield Tigers going? Not much better by the looks of it.

True but for $500,000 a season i'm sure l could put up with some scrutiny.
There is not many jobs where you can earn big bux, live a regular lifestyle & go about your quitely.

Yep, reckon i could put up with a bit for that amount too. (pity i got no talent) But money aint everything to some people and according to square supporters it aint a factor for weeks.

The reason we are talking about the RDFL is that Kyneton has been spoken about leaving the BFL for the RDFL - and that it would be a very very bad move. Sure the team they have now would play finals but who wants to be king hit and kicked in the head?

How are the Lancefield Tigers going? Not much better by the looks of it.

I have never ever heard any from kyneton talking about that. Just you and your old gisborne school chum there when you are bagging the tigers trying to pump up sum big rivalry. The only diference about the rdfl tigers and the bfl is Lannyfield won a flag two years ago. People were talking about kyneton being s**t 10 years ago and they will still be talking the same in ten years time. And paying big cash to washed up old afl players is just what u said goes on down there. And it will take kyneton nowhere fast. but broke.

I have never ever heard any from kyneton talking about that. Just you and your old gisborne school chum there when you are bagging the tigers trying to pump up sum big rivalry. The only diference about the rdfl tigers and the bfl is Lannyfield won a flag two years ago. People were talking about kyneton being s**t 10 years ago and they will still be talking the same in ten years time. And paying big cash to washed up old afl players is just what u said goes on down there. And it will take kyneton nowhere fast. but broke.

Quality rebuttle me thinks. Well said looter

Strath Storm creates new club record in winning their 6th consecutive senior game with a 91 point victory over the Castlemaine Magpies at Flight Centre Park yesterday. Final score of 18.17.125 to 5.4.34 was a bit generous, considering Storm were wasteful in the last qtr kicking 5.10.

Magpies were disappointing with a lot of turnovers by them providing the Storm with easy attacks on goal.

Yesterday's loss to Gisborne by the Flat now places the Storm 2 games clear on top of the BFNL ladder.

Next weekend's match against Sth Bendigo at the QEO should be a belter and will really prove whether Strath Storm are the real deal for season 2012 or not. Victory next week will mean that the Storm have beaten all 5 finalist from the 2011 final series.

Still bit quiet Davis24.....:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back