Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I was out at Maryborough to watch the magpies battle it out. Bit harsh on Taz I thought, the delivery into their forward line was disgraceful plus he looked to pass it off a lot to get others into the game. Maine look to be a much better side this year which is evident even just looking at their 2nds. I don't know his name but their FF no9 is a jet, will be interesting to see if they can go close to beating a middle range side like KF or Eaglehawk this season...... for Maryborough fans, start looking towards 2016

CG

I was out at Maryborough to watch the magpies battle it out. Bit harsh on Taz I thought, the delivery into their forward line was disgraceful plus he looked to pass it off a lot to get others into the game. Maine look to be a much better side this year which is evident even just looking at their 2nds. I don't know his name but their FF no9 is a jet, will be interesting to see if they can go close to beating a middle range side like KF or Eaglehawk this season...... for Maryborough fans, start looking towards 2016

CG

Maryborough on par or worse than last year? They seem to be stuck in a tough place.

They would have had that one pencilled in at home with Tarrant in the side. Spoon looks a battle between Maryborough and South?
You'd think so, from what I hear out of the borough and seeing maine play today, I'd say Castlemaine will knock off South, but you never know.

Funny after Maryborough got it straight out of the middle to Taz in the 1st for an easy goal I thought they'd be too strong but they were clearly not up to it. If you can't win at home against a cellar dweller from last year with an ex AFL player you ain't gunna win too many

Yes its a practice match yes no doubt both sides were missing players, but surely you must be a little concerned that a rdfl side touched up your mob davis ?
Pretty poor comment you made about the margin.
Perhaps do a little homework first before running with stupid comments.

Sorry Johnny what were you saying????

How sweet it is. If the Tigers can keep a full strength team on the park this year there going to be very hard to beat. It's certainly an exciting time to be involved at the Showgrounds. Is there a better small forward combination in the league than Weightman and R Magin 12 goals between them yesterday should of been 15-16.

Next week will be a massive test against Sandhurst.

And as for Beating Gisborne, there actually isn't anything better. Gee I hate them and there arrogant supporters.

Tips for the week! Here we go

Gisborne to get on the board against Maryborough 55 points.
Golden Square by 125 pts over the battling Bloods at Harry Trott. Bloods to kick 4 goals for the day.
Pains me to say it Kyneton by 11 points over the Dragons. Should be a great game but think it could be proof the Tigers are coming strong this season.
Kang Flat by 13 points over Castlemaine great that the Pies are showing some improvement they were really bad last year.
Strath should get it done over Eaglehawk by 28 points. Eaglehawk are better than last year but not in the Storms company I dont think.

Everyone else?

Gisborne to beat Mary by 3 figures.
Square to beat Bloods by 3 figures.
Kyneton to just pip Sandhurst.
Castlemaine to beat Flat by a couple of goals.
Strath to beat Eaglehawk by 6 goals.

Gisborne to beat Mary by 3 figures.
Square to beat Bloods by 3 figures.
Kyneton to just pip Sandhurst.
Castlemaine to beat Flat by a couple of goals.
Strath to beat Eaglehawk by 6 goals.
Girth,
think you are making a couple of early calls
Not that I have too much idea at the moment as have not seen a game and will miss this week to as will be watching the Crows pump the pies
Square to beat Sth
Sandhurst to beat improved Tigers
Flat by 2 over Maine ( always close)
Strath to beat Hawks ( just)
Gissy and Burra to be closer than most think

agree square to pump South by 3 figures
flat to just sneak home over maine --- 3 to 4 goals
storm with milne and baker back --- 7 to 8 goals over borough
gissy by a heap over mbor --- say, 75-80 pts, and
hurst to sneak over Tiges by shutting down the 2 magins --- 14 pts

Some very one sided results from the weekend and not just in the BFNL!

Must be some huge concerns at Maryborough, forget the margin was 130ish points but 38 extra scoring shots is a huge dominance! and their reserves have only kick a combined 31 points in the first two rounds?

Looks like a poor 2nd Qter from South and some poor kicking from Golden Square keep the margin respectable - maybe some improvement from South??

Kynten have defiantly improved but Sandhurst haven't drop off at all and look like being at the pointy end again.

Neither Flat or Maine will be playing finals and don't think either side will beat any teams above them.

Storm are the Strom even with injuries its hard to see them being beaten - Eaglehawk rely on too few to do too much.

Must be some huge concerns at Maryborough, forget the margin was 130ish points but 38 extra scoring shots is a huge dominance! and their reserves have only kick a combined 31 points in the first two rounds?

Looks like a poor 2nd Qter from South and some poor kicking from Golden Square keep the margin respectable - maybe some improvement from South??

Kynten have defiantly improved but Sandhurst haven't drop off at all and look like being at the pointy end again.

Neither Flat or Maine will be playing finals and don't think either side will beat any teams above them.

Storm are the Strom even with injuries its hard to see them being beaten - Eaglehawk rely on too few to do too much.

Heaps better performances by the Dragons like the paper reported the recruits were great. Seemed to be some mixed opinion on how Parry would go in town but he was great very hard to stop in his tracks. Kyneton will be a good side but both sides were very offensive so scoring was a free for all.

I was surprised to see South be so competitive against Square. And the game yesterday was about what I thought the difference would be between Strath and Eaglehawk.

Heaps better performances by the Dragons like the paper reported the recruits were great. Seemed to be some mixed opinion on how Parry would go in town but he was great very hard to stop in his tracks. Kyneton will be a good side but both sides were very offensive so scoring was a free for all.

I was surprised to see South be so competitive against Square. And the game yesterday was about what I thought the difference would be between Strath and Eaglehawk.

Parry is a bull. He was always going to get plenty of the footy and is hard to tackle. I think the knock on him if there has been one has been his disposal at times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not so sure Cosmo,
At this early stage spots 1,2 and 3 to Storm,Dragons and Square ( no particular order )
5 & 6
between Burra,Gissy Kyneton,Flat and Maine so games between these 5 are crucial
and if able to pinch one from 3 above is gold or lose one to a team below it can be the death of a year

Not so sure Cosmo,
At this early stage spots 1,2 and 3 to Storm,Dragons and Square ( no particular order )
5 & 6
between Burra,Gissy Kyneton,Flat and Maine so games between these 5 are crucial
and if able to pinch one from 3 above is gold or lose one to a team below it can be the death of a year

Maybe but I Think you are overrating Flat and Maine, Kyneton are still the unkown??

Strath
Hurst
Square
--- Daylight
Kyneton
Hawk
Gis
--- Raffle these 3 spots
Flat
South
Maine
Mary

Maybe but I Think you are overrating Flat and Maine, Kyneton are still the unkown??

Strath
Hurst
Square
--- Daylight
Kyneton
Hawk
Gis
--- Raffle these 3 spots
Flat
South
Maine
Mary
Not over rating anybody just giving them time to prove or disprove my thoughts
So Kyneton beats Gissy comfortably so is Kyneton a huge improver or Gissy dropped ?
To early to tell as all accounts Kyneton no closer to Sandhurst and Gissy belts Maryborough as expected
To early to be making calls on the mid pack

It was good to see South Bendigo play some competitive football on Saturday. They have at best one player (Connaughton) that would make the BFNL interleague side but yet were still able to push what was I'll admit an undermanned Golden Square. Either way though it seems like Oliver has his men playing for him which is something the previous coach didnt have!

Also was able to watch Storm destroy a full strength Eaglehawk. Storm had at least 10 young blokes ive never seen before play and play well. If thats the footy they produce with their guns out god help the rest of the comp when they're at full strength.

Seasons greetings all..... Decisions decisions !!! Storm v Square or North Bgo v Colbo with the Barnes v Weeks show stopping in Bendigo for one day only....suggestions ???

Went down to gardiner reserve and the borough were not that bad in the first half, they lack depth which really showed with a couple of injuries hencing the blowout, but the players are playing for bondy, I reckon he could still get a kick as well.
Gissy overused both the ball and the bench, they were having so many rotations in the first quarter that they playing with 17 men, with many players running off with no players ready to come on. No. 9 looks a real player for gissy, would like to see him run on the ball rather than a wing, but they need to use the ball smarter and play Sonoran centre half forward waters centre half back and rotate their 2young rucks in the forward pocket to play finals

I noticed he didnt end up playing? Any reason why?

Missed all BFNL games this weekend, any feedback from the games?

- Square still have there best two to come back in but don't think it will make enough difference
- Worrying for Flat to only beat Borough by a few goals think they are in the bottom 3-4
- Maine improved / Gizzy gone backwards??
- Interesting result margin wise for Ky they lack depth as I don't think hawk are a force
- Expected result for Sand but all in one qter hard to say if Sth have improved or Sand had a poor day

tips 4 Anzac Day
square over gissy even @ graveyard
Hawks by 6 gls. agst. over rated flat
hurst by plenty @maryb
storm: with no baker and no Lenny Hayes but much improved Maine to give it plenty
And tigers to get back on winners list at nite v South

This could be a really lop sided round

Square over Gissy - 10 goals plus
Hawks over Flat - 10 goals plus
Hurst over Mary - this could be a blood bath, not sure even G.Ablett could save them this week, 20 goals plus
Strom over Maine - not in the same league (not sure any sides are), 6-8 Goals
South Over Ky - the only game likely to be close and I think Sth may just get this one, less than 2 goals

sad day for BFNL broadcasting teams
Dynamite Dave Brown passed away Friday afternoon
bowel cancer had spread thru'out body and he'd been on drip feeding 4 months
family agrees 2 turn off life support system Friday
dynamite also b'cast AFL for the NIRS as well as BFL
NIRS broadcast mates said Dynamite only 57 or 58 so didn't make old bones
very, very sad weekend!!

Back