Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't have any exact numbers but was told considerable amount less than current cost to pay a coach at this level
Can't see Corey doing the job..great Bloke but would need more life experience as he is only young

So what "current cost to pay a coach at this level" give me something to compare to?? is it 5k, 10k, 20k??

So what "current cost to pay a coach at this level" give me something to compare to?? is it 5k, 10k, 20k??
Cosmo,
as mentioned prior I don't know numbers
At a guess there would be coaches in the BFL on $30k+
so a stab in the dark $15-20k
But this is a guess only
happy now ?

Cosmo,
as mentioned prior I don't know numbers
At a guess there would be coaches in the BFL on $30k+
so a stab in the dark $15-20k
But this is a guess only
happy now ?

No stress BC always happy, just assumed that after inferring I wasn't on the money about the coaching appointment you would know - but clearly I'm wrong...

P.S $30k plus is to much money for a BFNL coach, $15K would be closer to the mark...

Big news coming out of kyneton with the club letting go their coach.
I am hearing some very conflicting stories at the moment.
Very interesting indeed !

Big news coming out of kyneton with the club letting go their coach.
I am hearing some very conflicting stories at the moment.
Very interesting indeed !

Becoming a big week in Bendigo League Football. What are the varying stories you've heard Johny? Seems crazy that this close to finals that Kyneton would have really wanted him gone unless they had virtually no choice. Had done a good job like he did at Square as well but you need to be many many things as a Coach and most cant be them all.

Becoming a big week in Bendigo League Football. What are the varying stories you've heard Johny? Seems crazy that this close to finals that Kyneton would have really wanted him gone unless they had virtually no choice. Had done a good job like he did at Square as well but you need to be many many things as a Coach and most cant be them all.
Would have to imagine it adds truth to the rumours coming out of Kyneton during the year

Media sources are reporting that he called for a compulsory training session on the Sunday and then completely missed it himself...

Probably the same reasons why ky and golden square moved him on u would think?

Please can someone let the uneducated (me) in on what the hell was going on? What rumors? It must be more than not turning up to a Sunday training session?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Beattie to take the reins at Kyneton in a year where they are still a chance of playing finals football.
Will be interesting to see if the majority of the playing list remain.

Thanks BC, and the truth will sit somewhere in the middle!! Just seems strange that they are re-appointing a clearly under preforming coach without looking to the market.
Not sure about under performing Cosmo. The simple fact is that in the 4 years prior to Jugga's appointment as coach, the club won 17 games across those seasons (2010, 11, 12 & 13). In not even two full seasons, the club has won 14 games and are not yet out of finals contention. I think everyone expects instant results when new coaches come on-board but we all realistically know that it's just not that simple. You only have to look at AFL lists and how long it takes to build them when a new coach takes over and for success to come. And it's not just about the list, it's about changing the culture too and that also takes time. From an outsiders view looking in, I think injuries have absolutely crippled them this year and it means continuity is a real problem trying to get the best 22 out there each week. As a Kangaroo Flat supporter, I have faith in Jugga and his coaching panel and believe that if they don't make it this year, then look out for them next year.

Last edited:
Not sure about under performing Cosmo. The simple fact is that in the 4 years prior to Jugga's appointment as coach, the club won 17 games across those seasons (2010, 11, 12 & 13). In not even two full seasons, the club has won 14 games and are not yet out of finals contention. I think everyone expects instant results when new coaches come on-board but we all realistically know that it's just not that simple. You only have to look at AFL lists and how long it takes to build them when a new coach takes over and for success to come. And it's not just about the list, it's about changing the culture too and that also takes time. From an outsiders view looking in, I think injuries have absolutely crippled them this year and it means continuity is a real problem trying to get the best 22 out there each week. As a Kangaroo Flat supporter, I have faith in Jugga and his coaching panel and believe that if they don't make it this year, then look out for them next year.

It's an interesting discussion which Im sure has already been played out at the Flat but injuries are unfortunate and cant be helped but other sides have injuries as well and against the top teams including Eaglehawk sitting 4th included they haven't been competitive against them. You mention their past history in the lead up to Stevens taking over and granted they were poor but Im pretty sure they were working off a significant debt when Downie was Coaching and that the Clubs player budget is now at a much higher and competitive level. Also the league isn't very competitive outside the top 4 so if you cant get a finals spot in 2 years at the helm its a toss of the coin if you get one more to prove yourself id say. Has anymore come to light about Brooks leaving?

Ok fair call but they are only mathematically not out of finals but it would be amazing if they got in from here. Given the list they should have been able to cover for the injures and it's not the AFL you can spend your money how you want with no draft restrictions. Finally yes every coach needs to be given time but given at the start of the year was GF talk and now wont make the 5 questions should be asked, no?

Ok fair call but they are only mathematically not out of finals but it would be amazing if they got in from here. Given the list they should have been able to cover for the injures and it's not the AFL you can spend your money how you want with no draft restrictions. Finally yes every coach needs to be given time but given at the start of the year was GF talk and now wont make the 5 questions should be asked, no?

Yes totally agree, there was no reason to rush in and sign Stevens and other options should have been explored in my opinion . Whilst the floggings by Golden Square,Eaglehawk and Sandhurst have been dreadful the losses against Gisborne and Castlemaine were more disappointing as they were winnable games. And as for blaming the Flats woes on the lack of Marquee games what a joke, can't believe that the Addy was told that and is totalling embarrassing from my point of view.

Cosmo,
GF talk at start of year ???? where did you hear that as it was not certainly from the Flat

Back