Tuohy Jamison Laidler
Yarran Henderson Lucas/McInnes
Simpson Gibbs Carrazzo
Walker Waite Garlett
Betts Casboult Hampson
Kreuzer Judd Murphy
Scotland Robinson McLean SUB: Bell
EMG: Warnock Duigan Curnow Lucas/McInnes

Still have Watson, McCarthy, Graham, Bootsma, Menzel developing.
No Army?

It's pretty obvious that Duigan is severely underrated by those of us outside the club walls.

He works incredibly well with Laidler, our most important defender. He is intelligent and probably understands the structures better than anyone else on the field. He is courageous, and a highly capable defender.

I know it's a different code, but it's a team game and it's probably more relevant in our code than any other - a champion team beats a team of champions, any day of the week.

Case in point: the old Brazilian world cup winning squad was built around Pele - it was not always the best players that were chosen in this team, but the players that enhanced Pele's strengths and worked best with him.

We have a team of champions. Pound for pound we have probably more talent across every line than any other team in the competition, barring the expansion clubs. It's time to galvanise our talent into a champion team.

Look back to that North Melbourne game when Duigan was consistently 3rd man up, putting his body on the line in an attempt to slow the rampaging Petrie, closing the space and giving it his all. Now tell me he doesn't deserve to be playing Round 1!

B :....Yarran......Jamison.....Laidler
HB:...Armfield...Henderson...Scotland*
C :....Gibbs........McLean.....Simpson
HF:...Robinson.....Waite*.....Betts
F :....Garlett......Casboult....Walker
R :....Judd..........Kruezer.....Murphy

IC: Carrazzo, Hampson, ?????
S: ?????

*For round 1:
Scotland replaced with Lucas
Waite (assuming he's not good to go) replaced with Rowe or Mitchell - who has had a good first hit out in the NB praccy match, hopefully he gets a chance next week.

The last interchange is still up for grabs with Lucas, Ellard, Bell, White, Curnow and 2E all a chance.
I'd like the sub to be used for one of the younger players as a taste at AFL footy, either Menzel, Temay, Buckley or Dale.

B :Simpson Jamison White
HB:Laidler Henderson Tuohy
C :Gibbs McClean Yarran
HF:Walker Casboult Garlett
F :Betts Waite Kruezer

R: Hampson Judd Murphy

INT : Carrazzo Scotland Robinson SUB: Armfield

Pretty happy with last nights hitout minus Judd Waite Gibbs Casboult .
Seeing is believing and for mine Kruezer and Hampson have locked away the 2 big man spots , they work well as a team , can both go forward , and importantly are very competitive and just get 2 so many contests .
Really want 3 big defenders in the team , for too long weve been undersized and out muscled in defence and last night there it was again !! Jacobs resting forward and being manned up by Laidler !! Laidler is my favorite defender but doesnt play big and its a waste of his many talents !!
Was hoping Watson or even McCarthy would be the 3rd big defender but it looks as if Mick just doesnt think there ready yet , so , even though i like what White has shown forward ive got him starting as the 3rd big defender .
Really want the ball in the hands of Gibbs and Yarran going forward of centre ... bet Waite and Casboult do too !!

fully fit list

B: Ladiler--Jamison--Armfield
HB: Scotland--Henderson--McInnes
C: Yarran--Gibbs--Mclean
HF: Walker--Waite--Robinson
F: Betts--Casboult--Garlett

R: Kreuzer--Judd--Murphy

INT: Simpson--Carrazzo--Hampson Sub: Tuohy/Bell

EMG: White--Lucas--Duigan--Curnow

A midfield of Judd ,Murphy ,Gibbs ,Kreuzer ,Carrazzo ,Simpson and Mclean with Yarran, Scottland ,Armfield ,Hampson ,Robinson ,Betts ,Garlett and Walker rotating through there starts to look pretty bloody good!!

Only concern is jammo and hendo seeming a little fresh atm need them to find form as quick as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

White simply must play as third tall and Laidler in Duigan's role. The execution just isn't working for Duigs.

Agree with this , we need 3 big defenders which in turn free's up Laidler to fully utilize all his talents .
For all Duigans reported leadership qualities , at the end of the day if Carlton are to push into the top 4 his actual playing ability doesnt warrant a spot in the side and he shouldnt be keeping better players out !!

Here's my round one match ups prediction...

Morris, Griffiths, Chaplin
Betts, Casboult, Hampson
Ellis, Rance, Houli
Garlett, Walker, Armfield
Grigg, Deledio, Newman
Gibbs, Judd, Simpson
S Edwards, Vickery, Martin
Yarran, Henderson, Laidler
King, Riewoldt, McGuane
Tuohy, Jamison, White
Maric, Cotchin, Tuck
Kreuzer, Carrazzo, Murphy

White, Conca, Nahas, Vlastuin (s)
McLean, Robinson, Lucas, Bell (s)

Here's my round one match ups prediction...

Morris, Griffiths, Chaplin
Betts, Casboult, Hampson
Ellis, Rance, Houli
Garlett, Walker, Armfield
Grigg, Deledio, Newman
Gibbs, Judd, Simpson
S Edwards, Vickery, Martin
Yarran, Henderson, Laidler
King, Riewoldt, McGuane
Tuohy, Jamison, White
Maric, Cotchin, Tuck
Kreuzer, Carrazzo, Murphy

White, Conca, Nahas, Vlastuin (s)
McLean, Robinson, Lucas, Bell (s)

dont think you are two far of the mark there zee

Note I've gone for Walker as our CHF as opposed to Rowe/Mitchell with Hampson the ruck forward.

White gives us flexibility in this area yet we don't lose the run of Armfield on the HFF

That's the team I'd go with, however I think Mick will pick Duigan ahead of Bell.

I have that feeling too Stamos - especially with him promoted to the leadership group. I love Duigan, but he has given us ZIP (in my humble opinion) in the pre-season so far. And I can't see anyone from Zee's team that deserves to be in the magoos instead of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back