Food, Drink & Dining Out Best Burger Places

Remove this Banner Ad

I rate Lazy Moe's (Tullamarine or Maribyrnong) especially for a burger :thumbsu: Definitely satiates the appetite, serving proportions are massive and it's quite cheap!

I'm a bit of a burger enthusiast so I tend to travel further than the local Maccas for a decent fill. Love my American diners.

Soda Rock in South Yarra had nice, clean burgers. Well-presented, tasty but too small and simple for a restaurant that prides itself on greasy, insulin resistance-inducing, star-spangled junk. Not edgy enough. 7.5/10

Misty's Diner in Prahran was good for a burger, but the rest of their stuff is overdone. For future reference, taco fries look good on the menu, but eating them is a contrasting experience.

They opened a burger caravan right across the road from Kebab Box in Campbellfield (Hume Hwy/Sydney Rd for those unfamiliar). Again, relatively small but pretty tall and the influx of unique ingredients makes for, in simple terms, a "mad feed". Bit pricy though, but worth it.

As for Grill'd, burgers are average and the chips are horrid. The spices just do not belong on the chips, it tastes putrid.

Looking to try an American diner-looking burger place around Moonee Ponds/Essendon called Dude Food Man. Apparently rates well.
Lazy Moe's is absolutely terrible.

It's been two years since I've been there and I've been there only once, but the southern fried chicken burger was very good.
Yeah agree. Had it earlier this year. Expensive, but pretty good.

Don't understand the hatred for Lazy Moe's, I love it for a dirty, messy feed. Nothing formal about it, which can appeal to more than the casual observer

Don't understand the hatred for Lazy Moe's, I love it for a dirty, messy feed. Nothing formal about it, which can appeal to more than the casual observer

I can't think of too many 'formal' burger places going around...

By formal I suspect she actually means pretentious.

I don't think Lazy Moe's actually pretends to be a bastion of the highest quality, so as long as you treat it as such you're unlikely to be too disappointed.

Bilby's is absolutely disgusting.

Brooklyn Lounge in Claremont and Johnny's in Claremont are the best burger joints in Perth

Bilby's looks too "bready" (ie: bad bun to fillings ratio) that I dont even want to bother trying.

Agree 100% with Brooklyn, amazing burger.

Johnny's I've only had once, and had their "Hangover Cure" burger (as I actually had a feral hangover at the time) and it just made me feel absolutely sick.. way too greasy and sickening, meat and bacon overload. Maybe Ill give them another chance though next time Im down near there.

I miss "BB a pop up" in Mt Lawley (closed down this year) as it just doesnt taste the same getting it from Burger Bistro. :( BB a pop up asked me how Id like the patty grilled (medium rare ofc) and so was always juicy and delicious, the brioche buns was also nicely toasted too. Best burgers and decent priced pints of little creatures was a bonus too!

Also very happy to see huxta have changed their chips from crinkle cut to crunchy straight chip. Not sure what they were thinking when they first opened but no one like crinkle cut do they?

giphy.gif

how can u say this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tried Truck Shop Deluxe in Werribee last week and it was quality. The burger had a mac and cheese type patty on top of the beef one.

8bit still my favourite though.
Werribee...sells decent food? Must be part of the new Plaza renovations, given I lived there for over a decade and had to travel in excess of half an hour to get something remotely safe to eat

Just got back from The Royale Brothers in Brighton I ate the Bacon Royale, whilst the burger was good I was left feeling a little disappointed as this is advertised as being one of the top 10 burgers in Melbourne, it was slightly better than a burger with the lot from a good fish and chip shop, 8 Bit shits all over this place imo.
Best burger on that side of town is Tuck Shop in Caulfield, they don't * around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back