Toast Best footy photos ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Are these random pics of Melbourne celebrating really the "best footy photos ever"? I would say no.
I think there’s 2 from Saturday:
1) Neale Daniher victory pic
2) Clayton Oliver saluting after his goal in Q3

Every year the premiership photos are added, seems reasonable really.

Need to find some nice old pics to add.

DS

677302-andrew-walker.jpg
Why has this photo got 149 likes?

I liked Trevor Poole's kicking style. Likewise when he was at Geelong

The Richmond guernsey, home shorts and socks looked great in the mid-80s. Vibrant, with a nice, thick sash

View attachment 1253982

"The boy from Speed" as Rex Hunt used to say in the call. Once kicked three goals from the wing for Victoria. A good player who could've been better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was there that day, watched it all unfold. NOT a good day for Lethal Leigh or footy.

It is interesting to see how the "biffs" were viewed back then and now. What is embarrassing for me, is not the hardness of the game back then but the cheap shots.

It is interesting to see how the "biffs" were viewed back then and now. What is embarrassing for me, is not the hardness of the game back then but the cheap shots.
That's something I'm stoked has been close to eliminated from the game. It's not 'tough'. In fact it's quite the opposite.

That's something I'm stoked has been close to eliminated from the game. It's not 'tough'. In fact it's quite the opposite.

My uncle played ammos back in Adelaide in the day, his claim to fame was having to stand Rick Davies in a Grand Final after Davies dropped back down when Sturt hadn't made the finals and he got suitably toweled up

anyway he said in the early 80s he was in Melbourne and saw a Collingwood game at Vic Park - My uncle was (is) a pretty big man and I have a feeling that he could hold his own on the footy field but he told me his recollection of watching that VFL game was 'no ******* way would I step out on to that field' with just the brutal nature and cheap shots going about - part hard for the footy but also part needing eyes in the back of your head

My uncle played ammos back in Adelaide in the day, his claim to fame was having to stand Rick Davies in a Grand Final after Davies dropped back down when Sturt hadn't made the finals and he got suitably toweled up

anyway he said in the early 80s he was in Melbourne and saw a Collingwood game at Vic Park - My uncle was (is) a pretty big man and I have a feeling that he could hold his own on the footy field but he told me his recollection of watching that VFL game was 'no ******* way would I step out on to that field' with just the brutal nature and cheap shots going about - part hard for the footy but also part needing eyes in the back of your head
I umpired a bit of junior footy as a kid and the first game I ever did was Rick Davies' team the season after he'd been sacked as Sturt coach and was coaching his kid's under 9s. It's fair to say he hadn't adjusted his robust response to a perceived poor decision to the level of the game.

I always wished Rick Davies and Gary McIntosh played for Port

both legends of the game

72 grand final. David McKay took this mark with a broken jaw. Other players from left to right - Royce Hart, Bruce Doull, Neil Balme, Geoff Southby & Rex Hunt.

View attachment 1315705

From another angle

View attachment 1315706

Super photo. I think I prefer the black and white one - you can see the reaction of the crowd much better. And I reckon black and white photos give the image a timeless quality (whatever that means ;))

Are these random pics of Melbourne celebrating really the "best footy photos ever"? I would say no.
2021 Preliminary final embarrassment, is that better?

3991828c77e3592db10ecb12ad36f56c

Goodwin and Gawn would have to be the biggest height difference between captain and coach ever seen on the dais...

Goodwin looks like his mum said, "give me a big smile", before snapping the pic...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back