Streaming Better Call Saul - ** Contains Spoliers! **

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoever said the last 2 eps would be mindblowing was clearly lying. Pretty low key finale, but planted a lot of seeds. Not to say I haven't enjoyed it, overall a brilliant first season, every Tuesday night it's been what I'm rushing home to watch (until Community started back up). Just the last 2 episodes were very highly oversold in that article from a few weeks back.

Did anyone else think Hamlin was a little too interested in that list for Chuck provided by Jimmy?

Yes, Hamlin was sick of lying for Chuck and coping the heat for it, but he's a sleazebag and he's up to something.

Did anyone else think Hamlin was a little too interested in that list for Chuck provided by Jimmy?

Yes, Hamlin was sick of lying for Chuck and coping the heat for it, but he's a sleazebag and he's up to something.
I think he was just shocked that Jimmy was doing all that every day and still managing to do his elder-law stuff and finding the Sandpiper case.

Yeah the last bit was the best bit.
That bingo scene just went on and on and on.

I thought when Marco pulled out that watch it was going to end in Jimmy being arrested as the final scene.
+1

It felt like a chore to watch it. Went on far too long and I was glad when it finally finished.

As for the episode as a whole, I found it to be kinda boring. Didn't really do much for me.

At least we know we will see Saul in S2 - which is meant to be out this year.

Eh can't agree, BCS has a significant leg up in the first season department due to the fact that it is in an established universe. Put them both on their own merits and I think BrBa has a far more engaging first season.

People are accepting the slow burn of BCS due to their experience with BrBa, BrBa didn't have that luxury.
Nah. BCS is much more accessible than BB because the characters are actually likeable and you can invest in them.

Probably the only episode that would have been boring for non-fans of BB would be the one with Mike in Philly.

How did big fella die? That was the only bit that had me puzzled because I thought his role in the scam was to play dead/passed out? Then he actually died, wtf?
When Jimmy rang 911 he said he'd had a heart attack. They certainly showed Marco as being fat, unfit and coughing a lot in the lead up.

I liked the finale. It didn't try to do anything unnecessarily big because it was a finale or do anything unbelieveable. It was all a natural conclusion of the events of the first season. I'm not going to try and compare it to Breaking Bad, nothing to be achieved in a discussion like that.

I also don't think there'll be any "birth" or "defining" moment where Jimmy turns into Saul. At some point or another he may take on the name, but it'll probably be like Walter White's descent into Heisenberg. There was no defining moment. It just happened over time, much more realistic and believable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I said.

The episode with Mike in Philly was pretty ho-hum and formulaic, unless you had a preexisting interest in Mike's backstory from BB it wasn't particularly interesting.
I would have thought myself that it was the only episode that would've appealed to a neutral audience because of the action. It was kind of like a short film around this old bloke who wanted to get revenge for the killing of his brother instead of some lawyer where the audience has no idea of what is happening.

I would have thought myself that it was the only episode that would've appealed to a neutral audience because of the action. It was kind of like a short film around this old bloke who wanted to get revenge for the killing of his brother instead of some lawyer where the audience has no idea of what is happening.

I'm with you 100% on that

Nah. BCS is much more accessible than BB because the characters are actually likeable and you can invest in them.

Probably the only episode that would have been boring for non-fans of BB would be the one with Mike in Philly.

I can't believe how much I've disagreed with everything you've said in this thread. I think Breaking Bad's first season is way better than Better Call Saul, the characters in BCS seem like caricatures (although to be fair, that was probably true of everyone besides Walt in the first season) and the Mike episode was easily the best of the season, for both BB fans and neutral viewers.

I've explained why I think BCS has better characterisation than BB, and why I think the Philly episode was pretty ordinary, earlier in this thread.

I don't mean to be patronising, it's just that you're wrong. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back