Betting Websites - Free And Bonus Betting Offers

Remove this Banner Ad

Randomly got a $200 bonus from Tom Waterhouse the other day. Not sure why, just appeared in my account.

Do you play the dogs? if so, this week they've had an offer if you back 3 winners for $20 or more (> $2price) each night you do it they'll give you a $100 bonus bet

Do you play the dogs? if so, this week they've had an offer if you back 3 winners for $20 or more (> $2price) each night you do it they'll give you a $100 bonus bet

No, I did bet through a lot of money on the NAB Challenge though so maybe it was for that. Not sure.

Im looking to getting into betting particularly on afl and soccer. What's a good way to go about it. I've seen people generally use units or just do multis. Also, has anyone got any good tipsters to follow?

Im looking to getting into betting particularly on afl and soccer. What's a good way to go about it. I've seen people generally use units or just do multis. Also, has anyone got any good tipsters to follow?

Depends on your own style and what you're hoping to achieve. If you prefer a lot of action at coin flip odds then line betting is a good place to start. Plenty of bookies offer $2 lines on AFL so it's essentially your judgement vs the bookie. If you're looking for a big score then multis are the way to go.

Back your own judgement and try to find an edge through good research. Games in Tassie are always windy and a team winning the toss and kicking with it can be backed wirh confidence in first quarter line markets. Just need to be quick before books adjust odds. Little stuff like that. And discipline. No point researching and winning then throwing winnings away on a hunch in the night games. Good luck!!

I think one of the things that everyone will stress on this board is making sure you manage your money well. To many times people jump into sports betting and blow more money that what they can afford to.

• Starting Bankroll - How much money are you looking to potentially risk on sports betting? Allocate yourself whatever amount you feel comfortable with. Start smaller and work your way up once you feel that you are understanding more things properly.
  • Unit Size - Most punters use units for their bets. Typically 1U is anywhere from 1%-5% of your bankroll. My personal opinion is that it should be 1% of your bankroll, especially starting off with. So if your starting bankroll is $1000, make your unit sizes $10 to start off with. It may not seem like you are making a heap of money at first, but it all adds up over time.
  • Unit Management - This is something I struggled with when I started. Understanding how much a bet is worth. Typically I'd say anything under 0.75U should be on exotic bets; bets you think are a slight chance of getting up that have longer odds. Anything from .75U to 1.5U should be for good value bets; especially things you've done research on. Match Winner, Line and Total markets are generally in this category. Anything around 2U and up I generally reserve for bets where I feel I've got a real advantage over the bookie. For instance they've set a line at -7.5 for a team where I feel it should be -13.5. Even better if other bookies start moving the line out closer to that as well.
These are the first things that you should want to understand if you are looking to bet more seriously. Once you've understood this start looking at different bookies to sign up with and take advantage of any bonus offers you can get. Then start researching bets and hopefully make some money! Feel free to ask any questions on this board. We are all here for one purpose and that is to make money of the bookies! Good Luck!!!

Back your own judgement and try to find an edge through good research. Games in Tassie are always windy and a team winning the toss and kicking with it can be backed wirh confidence in first quarter line markets. Just need to be quick before books adjust odds. Little stuff like that. And discipline. No point researching and winning then throwing winnings away on a hunch in the night games. Good luck!!
I've had a few bets here and there and the ones that I think are sure things never seem to get up.

Would $100 be a decent starting pot? I see guys staking hundreds or thousands on single games and it blows my mind haha

$100 is probably a bit on the smaller side, but its each to their own. Realistically your bankroll is what you can afford to potentially lose. You're never going to have your full bankroll ever in play, not even half of it realistically. I'd say for me I can have anywhere from 10U - 25U on the footy each weekend. So anywhere from 10% of my bankroll to 25%. If you've got around $100 to play around with each weekend then you can make some decent money over the course of the year.

I'd say split that $100 up into $10 units and looks to spread that out nicely each weekend. Keep an eye on each Round thread that pops up in here and you will learn some things about how to spot the real value each week. Start small and work your way up with your bets. If you don't see anything that you like, don't feel that you have to just throw your money on something.

$100 is probably a bit on the smaller side, but its each to their own. Realistically your bankroll is what you can afford to potentially lose. You're never going to have your full bankroll ever in play, not even half of it realistically. I'd say for me I can have anywhere from 10U - 25U on the footy each weekend. So anywhere from 10% of my bankroll to 25%. If you've got around $100 to play around with each weekend then you can make some decent money over the course of the year.

I'd say split that $100 up into $10 units and looks to spread that out nicely each weekend. Keep an eye on each Round thread that pops up in here and you will learn some things about how to spot the real value each week. Start small and work your way up with your bets. If you don't see anything that you like, don't feel that you have to just throw your money on something.

Sounds good. I'll get an account up and running around the time round 1 starts. Any suggestions on a bookie?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds good. I'll get an account up and running around the time round 1 starts. Any suggestions on a bookie?

Sportsbet are generally pretty good to start off with. Decent odds and plenty of options. William Hill, Bet365 and TAB are probably other ones that you can look at as well.

Sportsbet are generally pretty good to start off with. Decent odds and plenty of options. William Hill, Bet365 and TAB are probably other ones that you can look at as well.
And just going with one book should be alright? Or do I need accounts with different books?

And just going with one book should be alright? Or do I need accounts with different books?

It depends. One bookie is fine if you are just betting casually. More bookies gives you better chance of taking better odds on games. Just means that you've generally got more money spread across the bookies.

Got email offer from sportsbet.

Place $50+ on a team to win a flag and every time they win a H&A game you get a $5 free bet. Seems a solid deal.

Edit: can only be used if you get the email and the bonus bet has to be used on an AFL match in the next round.

I am thinking of signing up with Bet365. What's the story with the signup bonuses? It says not eligible for SA residents.
I have heard that they still give the bonus to you. Anyone know more about this?

I am thinking of signing up with Bet365. What's the story with the signup bonuses? It says not eligible for SA residents.
I have heard that they still give the bonus to you. Anyone know more about this?

They are not allowed to induce you to open an account by offering a sign up bonus under state government law. When I opened an account with them what they did was process the opening of the account first, automatically sent out a deposit code with the welcome to b365 blah blah email, and I got a "deposit bonus" in place of the "sign up" bonus. Not sure if it still works that way or that loophole was closed on them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back