Big Bash Season 15-16

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'keefe also out for sixers along with copeland, replaced by Simon keen and Luke Doran. They look like they will be struggling to field a team at the moment.
It wont be as bad as the second BBL when at one point they literally had no reserves due to short term injures/international selections.

See @ScorchersBBL star recruit Michael Carberry writhing on ground at the WACA with elbow injury @TenNewsPerth. At hospital for scans. #ouch

@TimGossage
Any news yet on the severity? I'd hate to have international replacement used before the season starts like BBL03

At this stage Sydney Sixers will have an order similar to this...

1. Michael Lumb
2. Nic Maddinson
3. Riki Wessels (?)
4. Moises Henriques
5. Ed Cowan
6. Jordan Silk
7. Ryan Carters
8. Sean Abbott
9. Brett Lee
10. Luke Doran
11. Dougy Bollinger

Not as bad as I had first anticipated. They will however struggle to post a high score with batsmen such as Cowan, Silk and Carters not particularly recognised for their power hitting. Luke Doran will also struggle to make an impact and could be costly. A lot of responsibility will lie on the captain Henriques who will need to make runs and then back it up by bowling 4 overs. Will prove to be a good fantasy pick with a guaranteed four overs which mightn't have been assured with Smith and O'Keefe in the side. Sydney Sixers will struggle for this season I feel.

I think their biggest problem is a lack of bowling options. You have 5 frontline options in Bollinger, Lee, Abbott, Henriques and Doran but I don't think any of the others can bowl besides Maddinson who bowled some (off?)spin in the domestic OD comp earlier this year when SOK was with the Test team playing Pakistan.

At this stage Sydney Sixers will have an order similar to this...

1. Michael Lumb
2. Nic Maddinson
3. Riki Wessels (?)
4. Moises Henriques
5. Ed Cowan
6. Jordan Silk
7. Ryan Carters
8. Sean Abbott
9. Brett Lee
10. Luke Doran
11. Dougy Bollinger

Not as bad as I had first anticipated. They will however struggle to post a high score with batsmen such as Cowan, Silk and Carters not particularly recognised for their power hitting. Luke Doran will also struggle to make an impact and could be costly. A lot of responsibility will lie on the captain Henriques who will need to make runs and then back it up by bowling 4 overs. Will prove to be a good fantasy pick with a guaranteed four overs which mightn't have been assured with Smith and O'Keefe in the side. Sydney Sixers will struggle for this season I feel.

I'd be playing Dwarshuis (did well in the practice matches) and dropping Cowan to give another bowling option. Being forced into 8 overs of Doran and Henriques could end badly. Having Abbott at 7 is obviously not an issue.

I'd be playing Dwarshuis (did well in the practice matches) and dropping Cowan to give another bowling option. Being forced into 8 overs of Doran and Henriques could end badly. Having Abbott at 7 is obviously not an issue.

Yep, I think Dwarshuis plays now, big wraps on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back