Big Bash Season 15-16

Remove this Banner Ad

Sammy has always been linked to us

Would be a really good pick up IMO. Our major weakness last year was having a really long tail. Sammy would likely come in 7/8 and probably get promoted up the order if we're only 3 or 4 down with 5 overs to go. Any domestic bowlers we've been linked to? Seem to be struggling in that area with the losses of Dougy and Laughlin

Hilf, X, Boyce is a good start for an attack. They are missing another quick and a medium fast all rounder. The second international will most likely fill one of those needs.

Rainbird, Mennie, Gulbis are decent depth players when the talent is spread thin across 8 sides.

They may even fancy Raindbird stepping up, he did pretty well last year for the Tigers. The other guy who would have to be a chance for the squad would be Jade Herrick who I believe has come down to Tassie without a state contract.

Last edited:
Hilf, X, Boyce is a good start for an attack. They are missing another quick and a medium fast all rounder. The second international will most likely fill one of those needs.

Rainbird, Mennie, Gulbis are decent depth players when the talent is spread thin across 8 sides.

They may even fancy Raindbird stepping up, he did pretty well last year for the Tigers. The other guy who would have to be a chance for the squad would be Jade Herrick who I believe has come down to Tassie without a state contract.

Yeah he's playing with Uni CC who will have a freakishly good team in the Premier League this year, will hopefully come up against Herrick this season. Never rated him much as a short form T20 player but I guess we'll wait and see.

Wade's moved to the Renegades. Needed given Finch's increased international role and the lack of batting depth for the Gades.

Full strength currently looks like:

Finch
Doolan/Hill?
Wade
Ferguson
Cooper
Rohrer

Reckon that's a pretty solid batting line up, with the potential of adding to it with an International signing - been suggestions that Jesse Ryder may be heading over, who'd fit perfectly as Finch's opening partner.

So Handscomb 1st keeper for the Stars? Damn...

With Fatty Smith retiring and Neville under Renegades contract there's going to be a bit of competition for keepers out there. Might have to burn an international signing, or try to get a Triffit or that young Queensland keeper who did well in the Ryobi cup who's name escapes me.

With Fatty Smith retiring and Neville under Renegades contract there's going to be a bit of competition for keepers out there. Might have to burn an international signing, or try to get a Triffit or that young Queensland keeper who did well in the Ryobi cup who's name escapes me.

Pirson has already signed with the heat if that's who you were thinking

Peirson? Signed with Heat. I'd just back Handscomb in. Triffett maybe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teams Keepers

Adelaide S: Ludeman
Brisbane H: Pirson
Hobart H: Dunk
Melbourne R: Neville,Wade
Melbourne S: Handscomb
Perth S: Whiteman
Sydney S: Haddin
Sydney T: None

Adelaide: they don't need any more keepers with Ludeman and Hughes if they need him

Brsiabane: they have Pirson and I think McDermott will sing with them so I think Hartley is going to get pushed out to free some cash

Hobart: they have dunk Paine has yet to sign but Hartley could be a cheaper option

Melbourne R: wade and Neville don't need anymore

Melbourne S: they got Handscomb so maybe Paine or Hartley could be a option

Perth: they have Whiteman as there number 1 so maybe Paine or Triffit

Sydney S: they need a keeper considering they only have Haddin

Sydney T: don't have a keeper at all yet Carters should resign

Good decision by Wade to make the move. Will be a mainstay at the top of the order for the Renegades. Disappointing to lose him as a Stars man but can't begrudge him at all.

The IPL pretty much provided the worst result possible for Hobart. Dunk, Bailey and Hilfy all are going to be missing. A CL side coming together something like this as I see it.

Paine*+
Hales
Birt
Wells
???
Mascarenhas
Gulbis?
Mennie?
Boyce
Doherty
Rainbird?

Gotta fill the gaps in that side. Really struggling for pace with no Hilfy, Rug or Laughlin.

Is Faulkner contracted? Geez we've missed him at the Hurricanes, not that we ever had him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back