Big Bash Season 15-16

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what to make of the Muirhead-Beer trade. Beer is a gun T20 bowler, but Muirhead has loads of talent. I'm not sure how the WACA is going to suit Muirhead's legspin.
I think the plan is to have Hogg mentor him and he'll take Hogg's place the season after. Langer clearly rates wrist spinners in the format.

Not sure what to make of the Muirhead-Beer trade. Beer is a gun T20 bowler, but Muirhead has loads of talent. I'm not sure how the WACA is going to suit Muirhead's legspin.
I think that Muirhead will do fine at the WACA. I loved watching him play for Australia.

I think that Muirhead will do fine at the WACA. I loved watching him play for Australia.
The WACA doesn't do much for spinners, especially wrist spinners. Will be interested to see how he goes.

The WACA doesn't do much for spinners, especially wrist spinners. Will be interested to see how he goes.
Hogg had thrived there and the Scorchers have based their attack around spin for much of their time in the comp. Think he'll be fine.

Hogg had thrived there and the Scorchers have based their attack around spin for much of their time in the comp. Think he'll be fine.
Not that I've seen much of Muirhead but Hogg has plenty of variation. Not sure what else Muirhead has but his stock ball, the leggie.
The extra bounce and the Fremantle Doctor helps spinners. I think he'll do fine.
The bounce won't make much difference for a legspinner. An offspinner who gets more bounce than turn like Lyon yes, but not a leggie like Muirhead.

Guess we will see how he goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thunder now have 3 keepers in Carters, Hartley & Keiswetter.

Meanwhile, correct me if I'm wrong but the Heat have just 1 in Peirson?

Maybe the Heat will give a batsman the gloves like the Stars did with Quiney a season or two ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back