Big Bash Season 15-16

Remove this Banner Ad

Heat sign Simon Milenko, who looked pretty handy during the Matador Cup; batting allrounder predominantly, so probably signed mainly as a back-up.

Members got info today, full squad as they describe it:

2014-15 Brisbane Heat squad: Samuel Badree (Int), Joe Burns, Daniel Christian, Ben Cutting, Ryan Duffield, Andrew Flintoff (Int*), Peter Forrest, James Hopes, Mitchell Johnson, Chris Lynn, Alister McDermott, Simon Milenko, Dan Vettori (Int), Shane Watson, Nathan Reardon, Cameron Gannon, Mark Steketee, Nick Buchanan, James Peirson.

Flintoff listed as third international but I imagine he is the replacement for either Badree or Vettori depending on their international duties.

Heat sign Simon Milenko, who looked pretty handy during the Matador Cup; batting allrounder predominantly, so probably signed mainly as a back-up.

Members got info today, full squad as they describe it:

2014-15 Brisbane Heat squad: Samuel Badree (Int), Joe Burns, Daniel Christian, Ben Cutting, Ryan Duffield, Andrew Flintoff (Int*), Peter Forrest, James Hopes, Mitchell Johnson, Chris Lynn, Alister McDermott, Simon Milenko, Dan Vettori (Int), Shane Watson, Nathan Reardon, Cameron Gannon, Mark Steketee, Nick Buchanan, James Peirson.

Flintoff listed as third international but I imagine he is the replacement for either Badree or Vettori depending on their international duties.

Badree could miss.

Bit of a nothing trade. Stars already have Rose, not sure whether Beer's an upgrade. And Muirhead is terribly out of favour with the Vic's, can't even manage a 2nd XI game atm.

Bit of a nothing trade. Stars already have Rose, not sure whether Beer's an upgrade. And Muirhead is terribly out of favour with the Vic's, can't even manage a 2nd XI game atm.
Definitely better than Rose but why?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite odd considering Muirhead only signed with the Stars just over a month ago. (Didn't have a contract last year)

I'm really puzzled by this trade, given it's a like for like trade. I get it's not completely like for like given they are different types of spinners, but given that Beer couldn't get a game ahead of Hogg, Agar and part-timers in Turner and Voges, I don't see how Muirhead going there changes that situation. I thought the Scorchers could do with another batsman to replace Fatty Simmons

Just abit off topic do yous reckon Andrew McDonald will play in the bbl would slot in nicely at the hurricnaes

Good trade for the balance of the WA attack. Muirhead can be apprentice to Hogg and take over when he finally gives it away. Beer will be a good pick up for the Stars. Deserved to play more than he did behind Hogg and Agar over there. Not being able to bat probably cost him at the selection table, as a bowler alone he'd play ahead of Agar.

thats the CV & Greg Shippard mentality. dont bother with the youth, just bring in veteran has beans and never was beans
You seriously underrate Michael Beer.

You seriously underrate Michael Beer.
no Beer has done pretty well in the BBL over the years.
Muirhead did ok last year with the start & his games for Australia, he is young & part of the CV squad. him being traded is everything that is wrong with Shippard & CV at the moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back