Big Bash Season 15-16

Remove this Banner Ad

International commitments.

Scorchers should go for good players like Arafat who will be avaliable for the whole season (barring injury).
They should definitely recruit Arafat again. He was a revelation last year. We need a decent opening bat that can play the Simmons role

with Eddie in charge of the stars, KP was never going to go to any other club

You'd think KP is going to get a lot camera time this summer. Will help him with his sponsors as well.

You'd think KP is going to get a lot camera time this summer. Will help him with his sponsors as well.
True, a good promotional tool. What's the bet. That as soon as he hits Melbourne's KP will be rushed down to the westpac entre for a meet, greet & thousand and one photos with the pies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt this is the year it's Renegades vs Stars in the grand final. In front of a neutral non sellout crowd no doubt.
It won't be look at the other teams. Its not about the celebrities its about the connection between the players.

Wouldn't have minded Perth going 4/4, their fans are onboard like nobody else in the league.

But those of us in the Eastern States couldn't have that, so instead we'll plonk it in windswept, franchise-less Canberra. o_O

I don't mind Canberra too much. It'll be a guaranteed sell-out. I imagine they felt with the World Cup they couldn't overwork a ground like the SCG or the Gabba and if they couldn't have a home final it wouldn't be fair for the other teams. That said, I'm not sure how three extra hours of cricket would have that much of an impact in the overall sense.

I've always wondered, how do these Melbourne and Sydney teams manage to sign so many overseas players? Must be two different salary caps, one for them and one for the rest of the teams....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back