Big Brad Ottens?

Remove this Banner Ad

Catnip said:
Brogan>Bogan :D

There's no denying Dale is a knoblet. The fact that EVERY time he was mentioned in the paper it was "Crow supporter Dale Mortimer" AND everytime he was photographed he was covered in Crow gear and had Crow stuff all over the room ****ed off a lot of Crow fans.

Brogan was pretty disgraceful though, he didnt do a very good job of it!

He is the typical maligned player at Geelong. Someone who is a little overpaid and doesn't put wins on the board, i.e. Kingsley, Graham, even Brownless.

I think he has been really serviceable in the ruck, a position that he hasn't played all year and even had a big spell away from. Did he even miss a game at the start of the year ?? This means he should be ranked higher in the rucks that what he is now. That is saying something. His taps are quite good, it's just the non-moving midfield that is the problem. We need Chappy and Ablett to revolve through the middle as much as possible as Ling, Corey and Bartell are just not hard ball getters.

Back to Ottens, he is good, low on fitness, but he is starting to get more time and look better as the weeks go on. He came to Geelong totally unfit and a player lacking development, he is on the improve and is looking like a quality player again.

thegerman said:
He is the typical maligned player at Geelong. Someone who is a little overpaid and doesn't put wins on the board, i.e. Kingsley, Graham, even Brownless.

I think he has been really serviceable in the ruck, a position that he hasn't played all year and even had a big spell away from. Did he even miss a game at the start of the year ?? This means he should be ranked higher in the rucks that what he is now. That is saying something. His taps are quite good, it's just the non-moving midfield that is the problem. We need Chappy and Ablett to revolve through the middle as much as possible as Ling, Corey and Bartell are just not hard ball getters.

Back to Ottens, he is good, low on fitness, but he is starting to get more time and look better as the weeks go on. He came to Geelong totally unfit and a player lacking development, he is on the improve and is looking like a quality player again.

Brownless was a pretty good footballer......was in Ablett's shadows alot which hinders the credit he would ordinarily deserve.

nananana catman said:
Needs to play more than one good game for the doubters to be proven wrong.
Did you miss the Bulldogs game? He was the only reason we stayed in that game.

He has not been bad this year. High expectations on him are not doing him justice.

When King has been out he has stepped up in the ruck. when in the forward line this year he has created a contest if he cannot mark the ball. It is time for all the knockers to get off his back, yes he is payed alot of cash but so are alot of players that are doing worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back