Preview Round 11: Geelong vs Big Big Sound, Sat 27 May @ 4:35pm at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, we're running out of players to put in the middle but O'Connor is one we can push up there.

A little bit surprised to see Knevitt and Simpson dropped - thought we'd need one of those to rotate through the middle too.

Tip for the game: Oisin to go PFD and have 8 clearances, 500m gained, 9 tackles, and 1.2.
I'm assuming Knevitt is sub

Unless we are entering the era of...

...4EJ

1685007327040.png

Just stating facts
There are few things to care less about than bookie odds for Geelong matches.

The media continuing to say each side has had a heroic upset win? Hardly matters either. Usually these things simply steel a group who actually know what is going on and have a plan to go forward.

Being on the road was a step too far even though both were winnable games if the squad we had played their best. There is no guarantee that being at home bails us out, but it probably adds 5 goals to the Geelong side of things - which over the past couple of weeks may have got us a win or two.

I flagged Mullin debit last week and people scoffed. He was very very close to playing, and the decision was only made late.

Scott has been a huge fan since he saw him on the track.

The bloke is a unit and has some elite skills. You’ll be pleasantly surprised how quickly this bloke adapts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I definitely agree, you can give him a role he can execute without much footy nouse in being a small defender on Daniels. It's the perfect debut scenario

That's an interesting thought. Maybe they think Mullin's speed is a good match for Toby? I'd be worried about Toby's footy smarts against a guy who has literally played < 10 games of footy at any level in his life...
Toby will "outsmart" him with forward craft. I expect he'll play shut down on Daniels instead to learn

Fair craic to the young man. I hope he's been privy to the review from last week. Watched it again today (sigh) and could not believe the amount of space they gave Freo on the lead bringing down the ball.
Well caught out by many metres-in a chain, made to look slow and uncoordinated. Zoned out in the zone?
Stick with your men this week, read the telegraphs Cats, and we'll do better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not really surprised to see Mullin here. The like to debut the Irishmen early and gws has the perfect opportunity for him to tag an oppo small forward in Brent Daniels. I'm excited to see him have a go.
I wonder if we've given him any instruction to use his pace and agility. Just a licence to 'go' if he sees the opportunity, ala Conor Mckenna.

In terms of athletic profile, he'd be up there as one of the best in the AFL.

Now speed, power and agility don't make a footballer, but they can go a long way. I'm really excited to see him play, added a bit of spark to what could've been a dour Saturday Arvo at the office.

I wonder if we've given him any instruction to use his pace and agility. Just a licence to 'go' if he sees the opportunity, ala Conor Mckenna.

In terms of athletic profile, he'd be up there as one of the best in the AFL.

Now speed, power and agility don't make a footballer, but they can go a long way. I'm really excited to see him play, added a bit of spark to what could've been a dour Saturday Arvo at the office.
Probably has license to try break lines if he gets ball in hand but I think a big part of getting him through a successful debut will be giving him a clearly defined role with clear expectations. Something he doesn't need to be able to read the play much for.

We effectively did the same thing with Bews for years then he started hitting targets by foot and learned that spinning sidestep and kick through traffic.

Mullin comes in as an elite athlete already. He'll pick it up. Maybe not this game, but soon

Here's the team for the Big Big Sound - that's 3 big outs for them

Team:

FB: Callum Brown, Lachlan Keeffe, Connor Idun
HB: Lachie Whitfield, Jack Buckley, Lachie Ash
C: Finn Callaghan, Harry Perryman, Ryan Angwin
HF: Brent Daniels, Aaron Cadman, Toby Greene
FF: Callan Ward, Jesse Hogan, Toby Bedford
RR: Kieren Briggs, Tom Green, Stephen Coniglio

Interchange: Daniel Lloyd, James Peatling, Jake Riccardi, Xavier O’Halloran

In: Callan Ward, Lachlan Keeffe, Daniel Lloyd, Callum Brown
Out: Josh Kelly, Nick Haynes, Harry Himmelberg (injured), Cameron Fleeton (omitted)

Emergencies: Cameron Fleeton, Josh Fahey, Matt Flynn, Harry Rowston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back