Podcast BigFooty Blues Podcast 2015 Ep 10 - Can't Spread it any Thicker...

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers

Just listened- really well done. It's the first time I've ever listened to an opposition board cast before- and I'm doing so mainly because we just rebooted Essendon's last night after almost two years in the wilderness- and it's made me realise just how much we've got to work on!

I particularly like how discussion in this flows so easily, and I think the musical intermissions work really well too. Not sure who does the editing (although I presume it's ShanDog) but thumbs up, it all flows very, very well.

You've given me some food for thought. :thumbsu:

Cheers Doss! I do edit out some bits and pieces, but it's mostly just for brevity or if there are pauses after people speak over each other etc. Given enough time doing it, regular podcasters get to know each other a bit and hold conversations pretty well without needing the magic fix-o-fix tools used post-production lol. Look forward to having a listen to the Dons one to check it out.

Thanks lady and gentlemen.

"Win some games, Mick" - yeah I don't think that's incompatible with playing the kids. We had a squad of has-beens for the first 3 weeks and couldn't win, so the old guard aren't good enough anyway. Enthusiastic youth is the shot in the arm we need.

Jones is a very limited footballer, he just doesn't have that killer instinct. But it's compounded by limited delivery - same problem as Menzel not touching it enough. If I were coaching I'd try him in other positions to run him around - e.g. as a Blicavs style ruck rover.

Selections this week? I'd leave Jamison and Simpson out a little while longer - old bodies need time. Yarran the only definite in. I'm thinking we should reward Holman at some point, though I want to see Whiley a while longer. Tutt possibly comes in for Armfield? Cringle finally has persistence rewarded with Watson?

Cheers Doss! I do edit out some bits and pieces, but it's mostly just for brevity or if there are pauses after people speak over each other etc. Given enough time doing it, regular podcasters get to know each other a bit and hold conversations pretty well without needing the magic fix-o-fix tools used post-production lol. Look forward to having a listen to the Dons one to check it out.
It's nothing special, but keep in mind after two years it's effectively a pilot. Finding our feet and so on.

If they haven't done it already, they must all be asleep.

ANARCHY TIL MORNING!!
I know your cast thread is stickied every week so I've done it this time. If I've done the wrong thing I'm sure they'll give me a bake behind closed doors. ;)

"Win some games, Mick" - yeah I don't think that's incompatible with playing the kids. We had a squad of has-beens for the first 3 weeks and couldn't win, so the old guard aren't good enough anyway. Enthusiastic youth is the shot in the arm we need.

Jones is a very limited footballer, he just doesn't have that killer instinct. But it's compounded by limited delivery - same problem as Menzel not touching it enough. If I were coaching I'd try him in other positions to run him around - e.g. as a Blicavs style ruck rover.

Selections this week? I'd leave Jamison and Simpson out a little while longer - old bodies need time. Yarran the only definite in. I'm thinking we should reward Holman at some point, though I want to see Whiley a while longer. Tutt possibly comes in for Armfield? Cringle finally has persistence rewarded with Watson?
Not sure what Tutt brings that Armfield doesn't already. Both very fast players who can butcher the ball sometimes. Lots of effort but not a whole heap of class. Not that there isn't a place in teams for speedy players like that, but I would rather see Graham get a full game.

It's nothing special, but keep in mind after two years it's effectively a pilot. Finding our feet and so on.
Exciting times for the people involved - it's great fun :)

Word of warning though... it becomes surprisingly addictive and you end up putting way more effort into it than you initially intended... Many brownie points needed with significant others lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

As the bigfulla said himself - "You took the words right out of my mouth".

It has been really therapeutic listening to this podcast. The AFL supporters I know in QLD are limited, both in number and in the teams they support. My inbox has been full of garbage every monday morning...So it's good to hear from fellow sufferers every week. I liken each week to the grief process...shock...sadness...anger...bargaining (the what ifs)...and acceptance.

Its not a linear process but I think we are moving to acceptance. Acceptance we are terrible - the self-loathing humour says it all haha...

paparazzi-photographer-behind-tree-closeup-hiding-33907365.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back