Podcast BigFooty Blues Podcast 2017 - Draft Night Special

Remove this Banner Ad

It was well worth a listen. Not sure about potting people who have reached 60 years. We have feelings.
Was that the Uncle Soapy part? We were just talking about different regulars on here and that there are a few senior types and Soapy's name came up, the 'uncle' part is due to him posting that O'Brien is his nephew!

Great production guys. You are good people. And know way more about footy than me. Jims voice was exactly as I thought it would be. The others were a surprise. Does Jim look like weiters too?
I'd like to think I have more engaging flow and timbre at play than Weiters. :eek:

Also, Jimmae's voice sounds really familiar.

Not sure I can nail it down......Hamish Blake?
I've aged better

Was that the Uncle Soapy part? We were just talking about different regulars on here and that there are a few senior types and Soapy's name came up, the 'uncle' part is due to him posting that O'Brien is his nephew!

Could have been the part where I said goodnight to Thy because it was past his bedtime.

Last edited:
And then me wishing him luck with managing to wake up again.... :oops:

Yep, you hoping he'd make it through the night was much worse* than saying it was past his bed time.

*or better, depending on your sense of humour.

Then again, none of the other three were polite enough to wish he'd make it through, so maybe they are the rude ones ;):p

Yep, you hoping he'd make it through the night was much worse* than saying it was past his bed time.

*or better, depending on your sense of humour.

Then again, none of the other three were polite enough to wish he'd make it through, so maybe they are the rude ones ;):p

We were talking over each other a bit. I didn't hear that part or I would have spoken up ...

and run a book on it.

btw Has anyone read anything from Thy today? :eek:

Do these tend to get more listens when the thread isn't stickied? I know my eyes generally go the the first non-stickied thread and look down from there...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do these tend to get more listens when the thread isn't stickied? I know my eyes generally go the the first non-stickied thread and look down from there...

I've always wondered about that.

enjoyed the show but in all honesty I'd only listen again if we had at least one and hopefully more women's voices included - not just because I'm an advocate for that stuff but for interests sake, to break up the blokiness and general listenability - neese, eskie, awg, meb, mj40 etc - make it happen

enjoyed the show but in all honesty I'd only listen again if we had at least one and hopefully more women's voices included - not just because I'm an advocate for that stuff but for interests sake, to break up the blokiness and general listenability - neese, eskie, awg, meb, mj40 etc - make it happen

We can't force people. MEB and BlueGum had plans.

I know what you're saying, but I enjoyed this show for the quality of the content and it being a live reaction to the draft, rather than for voices.

On that level, I feel it worked well. Very well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back