Pick 16: [0:01:52]
'Cats Flashback' - 1999 Draft: [0:09:08]
Pick 36: [0:16:01]
Pick 41: [0:22:18]
Overall thoughts: [0:30:21]

Audio only: Click here
Subscribe in iTunes (free): Click here
XML feed: Click here

Welcome to the Episode 2 of the BigFooty Cats podcast, the first ever podcast dedicated to the Geelong Football Club.

Hosts Gysenn and SJ are joined by draft experts thejester and Pure_Ownage to discuss the three latest additions to the club - Darcy Lang, Jarrad Jansen and Jake Kolodjashnij.

Feedback

One of the concepts behind this podcast going forward is that it is to be interactive with the community on this board. What that means is that we want to include regular guests from this board, as well as your ideas for content. We have taken the first step on our journey and have a fair way to go. If you have any constructive feedback (positive or negative), or are keen to contribute in the future, please feel free to post in here or let SJ or Gysenn know privately.

Wow much podcast! Thanks! Onto the phone and into the gym!

Three 5 star reviews too ;)

Great job again fellas. Im light on draft info so it was great to the the insight.
Thanks very much.

It was also good to hear people supporting the drafting team.

Go Catters

Keep the feedback coming.

Although maybe it was a bit shaky in its first run, the 'Cats Flashback' segment will hopefully be a regular segment next year. We had an intro jingle for it but Gysenn forgot to edit it in this time. :p

Great pod, same suggestion as last time. Just a couple of edits here and there to remove the silences e.g. when the jesters Skype cut out so there was 20 seconds of nothing.

Great pod, same suggestion as last time. Just a couple of edits here and there to remove the silences e.g. when the jesters Skype cut out so there was 20 seconds of nothing.

It did? Sorry lads.

Think that might have been me.

I'll let it go this time SJ. And don't take this the wrong way guys but the podcast is awesome. Much better than I would have expected to be honest. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep the feedback coming.

Although maybe it was a bit shaky in its first run, the 'Cats Flashback' segment will hopefully be a regular segment next year. We had an intro jingle for it but Gysenn forgot to edit it in this time. :p
My bad! I'll be making myself a checklist next time, checking it twice etc. ;)

The weekly one will have a bigger focus on editing... This one was a little rushed because I was trying to get it up before midnight.

The weekly one will have a bigger focus on editing... This one was a little rushed because I was trying to get it up before midnight.

And I'm glad cause it means I could listen to it whilst blasting the guns and moobs :)

Good work guys.

thejester . really enjoyed the herd mentality bit. When Pods was never drafted , one reason given was , "hey if he was any good someone would have picked him by now".
To me Wells is willing to risk being wrong to get it right. Too many fear getting it wrong and pick the players they should. Leslie at 20 probably showed GC have a bit of that about them too.

Pure_Ownage , great insights on Lang. And as much as "we" here wanted contested players , the MC must have wanted more run and speed. As someone said Motlop showed how damaging a player like that can be.

1999 was good as well.

Didn't sound like a rush job to me. Really appreciate your efforts in putting the podcast together guys :thumbsu:

I listened to SEN after the draft hoping to hear a little about our new boys-total waste of time-should have just waited for this :thumbsu:

Didn't sound like a rush job to me. Really appreciate your efforts in putting the podcast together guys :thumbsu:

I listened to SEN after the draft hoping to hear a little about our new boys-total waste of time-should have just waited for this :thumbsu:

By rushed, I meant I forgot to add in @SJ's jingle. Probably could have cleaned up the bit where somebody's mic cut out, as well. Anyway, cheers! :thumbsu:

Best post mortem going around.
You guys have nailed all aspects of the draft from a Geelong perspective.
That 1999 info goes to show every draftee has the potential to go either way, no matter the ranking.
To think that draft produced 12 flags, at least 4 B&F's, and nearly 1000 games.

My review finally made it to iTunes ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back