Injury 2024 Season Geelong Cats Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course, how it should be.
Being members and supporters of a footy club should never mean we have a right to privileged information until the player and club deem it timely to distribute the news.

Presidents, CEO's, coaches don't get medical info on drugs because of player confidentiality.
Player injuries should have this extended and us in the public do not get told.

All we need to know is "player x is unavailable as he is injured". No follow up on the injury, no timeframe.
We don't deserve that information.

No one here would like it if I bought a back page spread in the Age and disclosed their medical history, their wives and kids histories. None of our business and it shouldn't be in football either.

Too many entitled fans with misplaced sense of importance. I am a member... I DESERVE to know how many weeks.
Utter bullshit.

To curb any speculation, and respect the player's right to confidentiality, the club will not be acknowledging whether or not said hand even exists 😊
Be interesting to see what is next to Stanley’s name on the team sheet in the outs column.

Might even say rested.

We might even name him and have Conway as an emergency.

Be interesting to see what is next to Stanley’s name on the team sheet in the outs column.

Might even say rested.

We might even name him and have Conway as an emergency.

In his press conference this afternoon Scott confirmed Conway would be playing with Stanley to be out managed

And that's what's been listed tonight

Out: P.Dangerfield (hamstring), R.Stanley (managed), M.Knevitt (omitted), Z.Tuohy (managed), S.Mannagh (omitted)

PlayerInjuryExpected Return
Patrick DangerfieldHamstring1 Week
Gary RohanBack1-3 Weeks
Joe FurphyAnkle3 Weeks
Mitch EdwardsBack4 Weeks
Cam GuthrieQuad3-5 Weeks

Gary RohanBack1-3 Weeks
Joe FurphyAnkle3 Weeks
Mitch EdwardsBack4 Weeks
Cam GuthrieQuad3-5 Weeks

I still think we leave Danger out till after North

Gary RohanBack1-3 Weeks
Joe FurphyAnkle3 Weeks
Mitch EdwardsBack4 Weeks
Cam GuthrieQuad3-5 Weeks

Gary Rohan is making a superman like comeback

A couple of weeks back in the media somewhere i saw him listed as 5 to 7 and i thought what a shame

Then last week again somewhere i saw him listed as 3 -5

Now he is down to 1-3 - i like it - i like it !!!!

Gary Rohan is making a superman like comeback

A couple of weeks back in the media somewhere i saw him listed as 5 to 7 and i thought what a shame

Then last week again somewhere i saw him listed as 3 -5

Now he is down to 1-3 - i like it - i like it !!!!
Tin foil hat time.

This is silent protest by the GFC for being forced to name weeks so they're making it up as they go.

Tin foil hat time.

This is silent protest by the GFC for being forced to name weeks so they're making it up as they go.
Hooe it’s real but also won’t be surprised with “setback 2 weeks with back awareness “

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Experienced Cats Zach Tuohy (ankle) and Jake Kolodjashnij (quad) are also tests after picking up minor concerns in Saturday’s win over the Western Bulldogs.

“Unfortunately throughout the game, Zach Tuohy just tweaked his ankle and was able to play out the game,” Johnson said.

“We expect him to train this week and be a test. ‘Kola’ (Kolodjashnij) late in the game had a bit of tightness in his quad. So as long as he gets through everything this week he’ll be as test as well to play against North Melbourne to play on Sunday.”

Gary RohanBackAvailable
Patrick DangerfieldHamstringTest
Zach TuohyAnkleTest
Jake KolodjashnijQuadTest
Cam GuthrieQuad2-4 weeks
Joe FurphyAnkle2 weeks
Mitch EdwardsBack3 weeks

Experienced Cats Zach Tuohy (ankle) and Jake Kolodjashnij (quad) are also tests after picking up minor concerns in Saturday’s win over the Western Bulldogs.

“Unfortunately throughout the game, Zach Tuohy just tweaked his ankle and was able to play out the game,” Johnson said.

“We expect him to train this week and be a test. ‘Kola’ (Kolodjashnij) late in the game had a bit of tightness in his quad. So as long as he gets through everything this week he’ll be as test as well to play against North Melbourne to play on Sunday.”

Gary RohanBackAvailable
Patrick DangerfieldHamstringTest
Zach TuohyAnkleTest
Jake KolodjashnijQuadTest
Cam GuthrieQuad2-4 weeks
Joe FurphyAnkle2 weeks
Mitch EdwardsBack3 weeks

Interesting…it does mean we can make some changes without looking disrespectful to North with too many managed.

I would now expect that we have Zach and Jake both out with injuries (being cautious) and no way we should bring back Danger (being cautious). I assume Rohan will play a half in the VFL or something?

So changes for North might be

Out: Stanley (managed), Hawkins (managed) 2E Kolo (inj)
In: Conway, Neale, Mannagh, Mullin?

I would love it if they could find a way to bring in Knevitt but not sure how it works structurally unless they also rest Blitz or Dempsey or someone?

Bowes into 22

Rohan was listed as 4-6 weeks on 12 March. I’d just like to take a moment to marvel at modern sports medicine and its ability to put these kind of estimates together so accurately.

THE DOUBTERS SAID IT COULDN'T BE DONE BUT YOU SHOWED THEM. 💪

Brett Johnson? Ex Hawthorn player?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Ok. So I have to admit that I had sort of put Rohan out of my mind given history of the club in terms of injury timeframes. But it looks real now that maybe he is ready to play.

Interested in BF views in terms of what that means..

does he come back via VFL or is he straight back into AFL. If so how do we fit him in. Does he take Dempsey spot? Or the other Ollie?

I think 4 weeks ago it was a no brainer that when Rohan is fit he is automatic in. Do we all feel the same now? And if so how?

Ok. So I have to admit that I had sort of put Rohan out of my mind given history of the club in terms of injury timeframes. But it looks real now that maybe he is ready to play.

Interested in BF views in terms of what that means..

does he come back via VFL or is he straight back into AFL. If so how do we fit him in. Does he take Dempsey spot? Or the other Ollie?

I think 4 weeks ago it was a no brainer that when Rohan is fit he is automatic in. Do we all feel the same now? And if so how?
At least 1-2 games in the VFL and then if he is ready use him as the sub. After those 3 games reassess and see if he should replace anyone in the forward line(at this stage nope)

Rohan was listed as 4-6 weeks on 12 March. I’d just like to take a moment to marvel at modern sports medicine and its ability to put these kind of estimates together so accurately.

THE DOUBTERS SAID IT COULDN'T BE DONE BUT YOU SHOWED THEM. 💪
Bullying works!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back