Injury 2024 Season Geelong Cats Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We will know tomorrow, it’s been said they get the results tomorrow
But we all know the GFC and Danger would’ve known the results yesterday and just keeping it to themselves
Of course, how it should be.
Being members and supporters of a footy club should never mean we have a right to privileged information until the player and club deem it timely to distribute the news.

We will know tomorrow, it’s been said they get the results tomorrow
But we all know the GFC and Danger would’ve known the results yesterday and just keeping it to themselves

Dangerfield has been out & about getting taxis since getting home - I'm going to pretend that means things are ok

Hamstrings are fine to drive. Calf tears are the ones that impact driving
2023, bad year- 4 separate occasions- tore 2 hammies and a calf. (And a fractured shoulder)
Could not believe how difficult walking is with a calf tear; yes, driving hampered with a right calf tear (auto car)

2023, bad year- 4 separate occasions- tore 2 hammies and a calf. (And a fractured shoulder)
Could not believe how difficult walking is with a calf tear; yes, driving hampered with a right calf tear (auto car)
Ouch. Where abouts did you fracture in the shoulder?? Hopefully nothing that needed a shoulder arthroplasty

Dangerfield has been out & about getting taxis since getting home - I'm going to pretend that means things are ok
A very mean feat in Moggs Creek, it should be noted

In just hope Danger and CS are taking Geelong’s injury shenanigans to a new level and decided to have Danger publicly point at his hammy late in Fridays game when when secured the W even though it’s 100% fine.

“Scans” show he is “out” for a few weeks.

Nek minnit he is weirdly named as an emergency for the Hawks match and a extra late in after Parf “strains something” running through the banner (ahh I don’t even know if we do banners anymore).

Then Danger is BOG Easter Monday.

All of this work just to get a small advantage over the Hawks.

Not saying it’ll happen… but I’ll tip my hat to CS and Danger if it does, because that would be taking it to an elite level of trickery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers. Is it normal for someone to miss 2 with a hammy? I always thought it was 3-4 minimum.

Same....but I wouldn't be surprised to see it evolve into 3 - 4 weeks.

To say 2 suggests they think it's very minor, but then they would also know that leads them into the North game, so they'll likely end up giving him that week off too.

Ok. So always need to read between the lines with our “health update”. At least the “new guys” doesn’t waffle and the update was like 90 seconds long… no I am trying to interput as he used different words for each player!)

danger…2 weeks. Very specific. (I reckon he meant 2 rounds so don’t expect him back until North Melbourne). Would not be shocked if they gave him the extra week (precautionary!) given it is north at home and had him fit and ready for trip north in round 6

Atkins…very close last week and will be “ready to play” (if trains fully tomorrow)
Bowes…should also train tomorrow and will be “available to play”
Bruhn… had test last week and was close and will be “same this week” (I assume test again)

For those last 3 I read in that Atkins will play AFL, Bowes VFL (maybe part?) and Bruhn probably one more week given 5 day turn around.

Guessing we will make sure Danger is 100% and leave him out till after North that will give him a little over 4 weeks injury management
They are saying “2 weeks” but I reckon it will be exactly as you say

Remove this Banner Ad

Back