Prediction How will the Geelong Cats fare in season 2024?

Where will Geelong finish in 2024

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I am quite happy go lucky.. my posting history would suggest so, and that I am not normally on the overly negative side.

I also just believe in maintaining humility about our prospects as being over confident has often lended itself to being embarrassed later more so than not.

I've never been the one to throw a win during the season or a flag in anyones face, opting to just enjoy it.

Also; set medium to low expectations and be thoroughly satisfied when the ultimate happens!

If there's one thing I don't particularly enjoy about footy supporters is those who claim to have won a premiership before grand final day has even arrived, or to be cocky winners. But that's just me

Embarrassment is only a cost if you feel shame.

Embarrassment is only a cost if you feel shame.

Well yeah, which is what I would if I was to spend all season proclaiming that Cats would be premiers.

Or, 2008, for instance, I had a previous account on this forum and I personally felt it was insufferable when we lost. Now sure, that's a personal thing, but it's still valid all the same

Well yeah, which is what I would if I was to spend all season proclaiming that Cats would be premiers.

Or, 2008, for instance, I had a previous account on this forum and I personally felt it was insufferable when we lost. Now sure, that's a personal thing, but it's still valid all the same

Eh the post grand final loss refractory period. There is always next year.

It probably also stems from the way in which we went out of finals in years gone by. Not absolute nail biting losses but losses where it seemed like we s**t the bed so to speak.

""Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill " Joel Selwood

I am quite happy go lucky.. my posting history would suggest so, and that I am not normally on the overly negative side.

I also just believe in maintaining humility about our prospects as being over confident has often lended itself to being embarrassed later more so than not.

I've never been the one to throw a win during the season or a flag in anyones face, opting to just enjoy it.

Also; set medium to low expectations and be thoroughly satisfied when the ultimate happens!

If there's one thing I don't particularly enjoy about footy supporters is those who claim to have won a premiership before grand final day has even arrived, or to be cocky winners. But that's just me

Not aware of your previous posts No Quarter: just commented on the one post but I'd like to point out that I did comment about being "NOT overly cocky" as I'm in full agreeance with you in regards to 'humility' and the importance of being humble in life not just football and I certainly have sympathy and feel for those footy supporters (Saints and Freo supporters included) that follow the footy just as passionately as I do, however through no fault of their own have had little or no measurable success.

Calculated confidence is a good thing, manufactured confidence is for the plebs!

We play Melbourne after Carlton. Did you see them against Richmond? They were awful until the Tigers ran out of gas and gave up.

You'd think we take one of the MCG games at least.

I somewhat agree that Gold Coast in Darwin will be a really tough challenge.

A fit and healthy squad will take it right up to GWS at home this time. We owe them. I wouldn't be surprised if we see no home slip ups or just one this season. GWS would be the most likely though, I guess.

3-2 from here sounds right. I'd lean more towards 4-1 than 2-3 though.

Darwin will be hard because its humid and slippery and that suits hardwicks tsunami pressure game and probably wont suit some of our older guys. I wouldnt be surprised if we drop that one.

I think we will lose one of the next 2 plus darwin.
Im confident we beat port (they are overrated and hawkins and cameron will school esava if we play it right). Gws is a genuine 50-50 game they are very good and tactically we will have to be smart.

If we could go 3-2 and end up 9-2 id be happy. Can manage players from there.

Back