Podcast BigFooty Cats Podcast Episode 7: National Draft preview

Remove this Banner Ad

SJ I too would like a midfielder at 10. I think we need more midfield depth.

Good job guys, was worth the wait. Gysenn has the HD been fixed? Mine ended up a write off a few years back

Good episode. I'm completely torn on what the main requirement on pick 10 should be. I completely understand the argument for a midfielder, but I'm also terrified of what's going to happen to our key defenders once Lonergan and Rivers really decline (seeing as we have zero backups at senior level). To complete the unholy trinity we desperately need a quality young ruckman coming through, and as touched on in the podcast, not a 'tweener' ruck / forward, an actual ruckman.

Good episode. I'm completely torn on what the main requirement on pick 10 should be. I completely understand the argument for a midfielder, but I'm also terrified of what's going to happen to our key defenders once Lonergan and Rivers really decline (seeing as we have zero backups at senior level). To complete the unholy trinity we desperately need a quality young ruckman coming through, and as touched on in the podcast, not a 'tweener' ruck / forward, an actual ruckman.
It is a problem with our list right now. Plenty of holes.

I think we should go the defender with #10 and then load up on mids later on.

While those mids to be found in the 40s and 50s obviously aren't in the same ballpark as the ones taken inside the top 15 or 20 I think the gap is smaller than would exist for the tall guys.

If one of those key backs are there, I hope we jump on them and I don't really care if it is Durdin, Goddard, Lever or even Marchbank. I think we try and shore that post up while we still have some short term cover.

Wright is a wildcard but I'm with P_O. I can't see GWS passing him up considering they have 3 picks inside the Top 10 and lost talls in Giles, Boyd and Jaksch. With Wright being able to play in ruck and up forward he seems like a good option for the Giants.

Then again, I thought the same about Grundy...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back