Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2005 when Dismember toured I went to Sydney, Adelaide and Melbourne shows (save for an impromptu one at a stoner fest at the Green Room, too exhausted to attend). I did most damage after the Hi Fi Show - heap of us went to Cherry then went to Pony. Got home around 8am from memory. Still recall crawling to the shower spewing up bile. Yuck

......still managed to get up for the Tote show that night.

LOL. Still got up for the Tote show...

Lair of the White Worm and The Toxic Touch were pretty average but man they hit seriously their career high point with Passiondale; and I am hoping Under the Sign of the Iron Cross is more of the same.
Agreed. I only like their war themed stuff.

View attachment 103250

Does it get any better than well aged Woodford Reserve Bourbon on a Friday?

Good drop. Still got a bottle and a half of this - best WT I've had.

Liquor First Forest Hill had about seven bottles a few years back - was being a bit cute and only picking them a bottle at a time (they were well hard to get too). Came back for the third bottle and someone had cleaned them out. Still spewing.

image.jpg

Good drop. Still got a bottle and a half of this - best WT I've had.

Liquor First Forest Hill had about seven bottles a few years back - was being a bit cute and only picking them a bottle at a time (they were well hard to get too). Came back for the third bottle and someone had cleaned them out. Still spewing.

View attachment 103312

Nice!

Was tempted to grab a bottle of the WT Diamond Anniversary batch from Dan Murphys @ $150 a bottle but baulked at it. My mates would pour it out and smother it in coke which as you would obviously appreciate would be a crime against humanity for such a fine batch. Might check if Changi airport has some duty free next week.....

Got the new Soulburn on. Decent stuff - vocalist has a black metal rasp rather than the big dm vocals all the Asphyx related stuff has.

I will def get this but it's pretty fresh right? Was it mixed or produced by Dan Swano?? Usually does a good job. I think at some point Henry Sattler and the drummer from God a Dethroned were involved but not up to speed with the current members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will def get this but it's pretty fresh right? Was it mixed or produced by Dan Swano?? Usually does a good job. I think at some point Henry Sattler and the drummer from God a Dethroned were involved but not up to speed with the current members.

Swano job and it's good.

Yes, have an apartment there. I go once a month for work although I will probably pull back a bit this year as times are tough. I love the place.

Ah, guess you know about http://www.whisky.sg then - bought some great bourbon there (Blanton's barrel proof). Been four times, always fun.

Listening to Desultory "Counting Our Scars". When people talk about great 'comeback' albums this one has to be right up there..

Also been listening to a new band I discovered called Coffinworm (album is When All Became None). Kinda sludgy doom black metal.

Last edited:
That's the one! Great value and service with a smile. Intriguing you know all the places.....

Haha. I think everyone knows Orchid Towers. Had no idea about Bar Brix until I stayed across the road and a colleague stayed at the Grand Hyatt.

Caught Marduk's second Melbourne show last night. Alas, I missed Inquisition again (it was my Step-Dad's birthday, so I couldn't ditch until dinner was over).

I enjoyed the Wednesday show, as is evident from the tone of my previous review (they are one of my favourite bands, after all), but last night was something else.

The show began with the effects at the start of Panzer, then that opening riff, Mortuus roaring, "Panzer Division..." (waits for crowd), then, "Panzer Division...Marduuuuuuk!" They proceeded to rip through that album, and then took a short break.

"From 1993...Those of the Unlight!" The more melodic nature of this album provided a nice contrast to the utter brutality of Panzer, though for some reason they swapped "Wolves" and "Those of the Unlight" around in the set-list.

At the conclusion of "Stone Stands its Silent Vigil", they finished the set with "Serpent Sermon", and then encored with "With Satan and Victorious Weapons" and "The Black...".

I'm not sure if it was due to the quality of the material (they did have a period at the end of 2013 where the were playing Panzer/Unlight in their entirety in Europe; perhaps they enjoy playing it as much as I enjoy hearing it), or if the Hobart maniacs had fired them up the night before, but there was a renewed sense of energy from them last night. Fourth time I've seen Marduk, and definitely the best. I never thought that they'd take the Panzer/Unlight show outside of their core market in Europe, but I'm just grateful I got to see it.

Lair of the White Worm and The Toxic Touch were pretty average but man they seriously hit their career high point with Passiondale; and I am hoping Under the Sign of the Iron Cross is more of the same.
For me Bloody Blasphemy remains unmatched. Huge release. Like The Grand Grimoire second best, natural precessor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back