BigFooty Song Contest, Host: Loonerty, Theme: TV themes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw two buskers do the best version of " Sultans of swing " when I was in Dublin.

They literally had the whole crowd dancing in the mall.
One band I van say sounded better live than on record..even outdoors. Geez they could play and they have some rockin songs

If only I had a time machine, there are so many gigs that I'd go back in time to see.
The pub, club, disco scene, pub bands especially..Aussie bands. It was great to be young then..no one had phones we all talked and partied and danced. Music and dancing was everything!

If only I had a time machine, there are so many gigs that I'd go back in time to see.

I saw U2, BB King, Kiss ,AC/DC, John Cougar, Aerosmith, Pearl Jam, George Thorogood plus heaps more ( I'd have to check my ticket stubs ) at the Ent Cent here in Perth during the late 80's early 90's and I reckon I payed no more than $30 for a ticket.

One of my best gigs I've seen here was Elbow. It was their first Wembley gig. I found out about it the day before. Got tix off Gumtree from a dodgy looking guy at Finsbury Park station.

Had a Sunday Roast then went to a friends place for more 'roasting' before the gig. Was awesome.

2 weeks later a mate saw them at The Corner.

This one aint about awards, its about sharing :rainbow:
They all should be.

"All you know alls... All you wise men... From the east"

Gotta love the ole' WA shoulder chip. :D
They define themselves by us.

Dire Straits at Olympic Park years ago Brothers In Arms tour, there must have been a smog alert over Melbourne that week. I had a blanket on the ground right next to the speaker and a cigarette holder full of joints..nobody checked and nobody cared in those days. Absolutely amazing band back then and amazing live. They were so huge they were doing 7-8-10 concerts in each city.
Ben Harper, Festival Hall, 2000. We smoked joints right in front of the sound desk.

I remember flying to Sydney in the 90s with a cigarette pack full of joints in the pocket. I went through a couple of US airports a few years back with about half a gram of coke in my pocket, which probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. :$

They all should be.

They define themselves by us.

Ben Harper, Festival Hall, 2000. We smoked joints right in front of the sound desk.

I remember flying to Sydney in the 90s with a cigarette pack full of joints in the pocket. I went through a couple of US airports a few years back with about half a gram of coke in my pocket, which probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. :$
they care more about a plastic fork in your pocket than a gram of coke now.

The pub, club, disco scene, pub bands especially..Aussie bands. It was great to be young then..no one had phones we all talked and partied and danced. Music and dancing was everything!
Perth had a great scene.

The Boys,Johnny Deisel, Baby Animals, V Capri, Zep Boys, Jets, the Frames etc

We used to get into the Generater in Morley to watch the Jets.

Worst concert Ive ever seen was Bob Dylan..God he was s**t. People walking out and demanding their money back. My best mate back then was gutted, dylan was his idol and we got great tickets right up front..utter garbage.

Mentioned before but Chemical Brothers at Vodafone was my worst gig.

Worst concert Ive ever seen was Bob Dylan..God he was s**t. People walking out and demanding their money back. My best mate back then was gutted, dylan was his idol and we got great tickets right up front..utter garbage.
Bob Dylan can be like that. The gap between his best and his worst is massive. One of my camping buddies at Bluesfest this year told a friend of hers not to see Counting Crows. Naturally, this person didn't heed the advice and reported that she had never seen a band butcher their own songs as much as they did.

A great Freddie Mercury doco on ABC2 right now, hard to believe he's been dead for almost 25 years now.

I can still remember hearing the news when he died, wasn't really a shock as he'd been really sick for ages but still sad all the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A great Freddie Mercury doco on ABC2 right now, hard to believe he's been dead for almost 25 years now.

I can still remember hearing the news when he died, wasn't really a shock as he'd been really sick for ages but still sad all the same.
I remember hearing the news that he had AIDS, quickly followed by the news that he'd died. I was only 10 at the time, so the only song of theirs that I knew then would've been Innuendo. I knew that he was significant though, and discovered Bohemian Rhapsody when it was rereleased not long after.

Perth had a great scene.

The Boys,Johnny Deisel, Baby Animals, V Capri, Zep Boys, Jets, the Frames etc

We used to get into the Generater in Morley to watch the Jets.
Working in pubs was unreal then..saw everyone. Best years of my life.
One of the pubs I worked at was partly owned by the Coffin Cheaters and they had their Back to Bindoon parties there..Bindoon was like a Woodstock type music festival. We probably crammed 1000 people in for the after party when we were licened for maybe 400. Now that was a party! The best local Bands, strippers, lines right there on the bar. The cops stayed away unless there was a full on riot which there never was..the bikies looked after themselves and pretty much could stop trouble with just a look hehe.
Treated us staff really well too, respect and huge tips.
Good good times.

I think Ive seen this on before, if it goes on to talk about the collaboration with that opera singer then it is.

I remember hearing the news that he had AIDS, quickly followed by the news that he'd died. I was only 10 at the time, so the only song of theirs that I knew then would've been Innuendo. I knew that he was significant though, and discovered Bohemian Rhapsody when it was rereleased not long after.

Yeah they only released the news he had AIDS shortly before he died but it was pretty obvious he had it as he had wasted away to a skeleton by then.

He was still recording stuff right up until his death though.

Lol, he was better live..some acts just are. I was never a kiss fan but ended up front row with friends and Holy F*** they put on a great show, just pure energy and fun. They loved the crowd too and gave it everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back