Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comeback is complete! 3-3! Tim Sherwood, hero of Tottenham, deserves nothing but praise!

Tim Sherwood: "Say what you like, I'm the right man for the job. No other manager would be able to pull off such an emphatic turn around against West Brom. Aaron Lennon is a good player."

Sherwood Supporters: "Hopefully that'll shut the Tim haters up."

I never would have dreamed we'd be able to conjure up such a fantastic comeback against West Brom!

The EL with our squad this season shouldn't have seen such a terrible hangover effect. In the past the squad wasn't as deep or 'Arry hated rotating so it killed us. Is it safe to say Kaboul and Dawson are finished? With JV as good as gone we could need 3 CBs in the summer. I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of young Veljkovic for the final few games and who knows we could only need to sign 2 good CBs and use him and Chiriches as backups

The EL with our squad this season shouldn't have seen such a terrible hangover effect. In the past the squad wasn't as deep or 'Arry hated rotating so it killed us. Is it safe to say Kaboul and Dawson are finished? With JV as good as gone we could need 3 CBs in the summer. I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of young Veljkovic for the final few games and who knows we could only need to sign 2 good CBs and use him and Chiriches as backups

Why do your believe JV is good as gone?

After watching Chiriches performance and attitude against WBA he could be out the door as well.

After watching Chiriches performance and attitude against WBA he could be out the door as well.
He's been hinting his departure to the media all season. 27 years old, entering his third season here without Champions League, been one of our best performers since coming and he's highly ambitious. Almost certain he was going to Barcelona until they were handed a transfer embargo, not sure where he could go now.

I still have hope for Chiriches. With a good manager & something to play for, he'll improve. Already showed he has talent against Man United.

Kaboul is the problem next to Chiriches. No leadership from him whatsoever and isn't the player he once was.

JV's form has dropped this season and his attitude has stunk at times. Think we will cash in if a good offer comes for him.

Positives have been rare this season, but another one has arisen. Harry Kane looks like a great prospect and should be our 3rd striker option next season, hopefully he'll develop into that Thomas Muller style player we lack.

Also, first time we've seen set-pieces whipped in with pace in what? 5 years? It's been a long time coming, fingers crossed we play balls like those the vast majority of the time next season.

Liverpool have practically won the title now which I believe is another positive. It proves a well-managed, well put together team can trump over clubs that rely on sugar daddies for success.

We were miles ahead of Liverpool 2-3 years ago, fingers crossed we hire a manager who can get the best out of our crop like Rodgers did for them. We've got the talent, but not the direction.

Totally agree regarding Kane and Ericksen, cause for hope.

Liverpool are right up there in terms of salary spend and are a powerhouse. This was highlighted in their ability to retain Suarez, credit is due for being stubborn though. I'm not sure spurs can aspire to do a Liverpool , as we simply cant compete financially or fan base wise.

A definite testamate to backing a manager though.

Last edited:
There isn't a single player in that Liverpool squad that we couldn't have bought before they went to Liverpool (not including their academy players like Gerrard & Sterling).

I remember we were favourites to sign Suarez in the 2010 Summer Window, but Sherwood told Harry that he wouldn't be able to adapt to English Football.

The difference between us and them is that they got an excellent coach that got the absolute best out of their squad in a 2 year period, whereas we got ourselves a coach that didn't get even half the potential out of this team, and on top of that, hired an absolute idiot as our interim manager.

Very strong word coming out that Moyes will be sacked soon, and should that happen, I'd no longer fancy our chances of getting van Gaal. We better have someone else lined up just in case; anyone with top level experience & a very good record will do me fine. If it came down to it, I would even take Tony Pulis over Tim Sherwood.

I agree, much of the players they picked up would have been available to us. The question is would we have retained Suarez? Would Gerrard remained faithful and would Sturridge have come across. History suggests no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumor that we're now targeting Moyes with the prospect of van Gaal fading away. Reeks of cheap journalism coming right after his sacking, but hey, I'd still take him over Sherwood without thinking twice.

Rumor that we're now targeting Moyes with the prospect of van Gaal fading away. Reeks of cheap journalism coming right after his sacking, but hey, I'd still take him over Sherwood without thinking twice.

Doubt we will get Van Gaal if Manchester United are sniffing around unfortunately. IS he the best on the market?

Doubt we will get Van Gaal if Manchester United are sniffing around unfortunately. IS he the best on the market?
That's up to interpretation. He's had a lot of success with big clubs in the past, but he's also flopped quite a bit & has had a lot of personality clashes with his players.

If you were referring to Moyes, no idea. Nobody really knows who the best guy on the market is, everyone has a different opinion. Personally, I think we need someone with plenty of experience at big club(s) who's prepared to be flexible with their tactics rather than sticking to a single tried-and-true formula. With that in mind, Moyes wouldn't be my first choice, but depending on who the alternatives are, he might be the best.

Thoughts on us signing Javier Hernandez in the summer?
Do not want; exactly the same type of player as Soldado, except not as good. If we're going to target a striker, it might as well be someone who gives us something different, like a Benteke or a Bony.

Need a central midfielder more than anything, and urgently too. We don't have anyone who can dictate play in the center of the pitch proficiently except for maybe Tom Carroll who's coming off a season in the Championship with a hugely underachieving team.

Do not want; exactly the same type of player as Soldado, except not as good. If we're going to target a striker, it might as well be someone who gives us something different, like a Benteke or a Bony.

Need a central midfielder more than anything, and urgently too. We don't have anyone who can dictate play in the center of the pitch proficiently except for maybe Tom Carroll who's coming off a season in the Championship with a hugely underachieving team.

Surely Ericsen isn'y going anywhere? (despite all the rumours). He has impressed as someone who can "dictate play in the centre of the pitch" I would have thought. Also, plenty of rumours seem to be floating around that JV and Lloris will look elsewhere after we have failed to make CL for the umpteenth time.

Surely Ericsen isn'y going anywhere? (despite all the rumours). He has impressed as someone who can "dictate play in the centre of the pitch" I would have thought. Also, plenty of rumours seem to be floating around that JV and Lloris will look elsewhere after we have failed to make CL for the umpteenth time.
Eriksen does his best work in the final third of the pitch. Give him the ball & let him weave his magic, whether that be striking the killer ball, scoring the goal, playing the vital one-two or whatever. Even with his great performances this season, he's still not getting the best out of his capabilities because he's stuck with crabs like Lennon & Dembele around him that don't understand the meaning of flamboyancy.

Anyway back on topic. When I say we need a central midfielder, I mean someone like Modric; someone who can maintain our flow & tempo throughout the entire pitch and start attacks from deep with passes that split through the opposition midfield & defense. We tried Eriksen in that role a few times but he's not strong enough defensively & is just a far better player behind the striker.

De Boer it is.

Not confirmed as our manager yet, but he's been approached and said he aspires to leave a leave an impression on the biggest stage ala Brendan Rodgers. After 4 straight titles with Ajax, I think he might want to try something new as well.

[edit] Tottenham deny any approach. Weird.

Last edited:
I hope it's down to the following managers for the job in this order:

Conte: has turned Juve into a powerhouse. Has been talk about him wanting a new challenge. Chance of getting him 2/10

Van Gaal: was as good as ours until Man U sacked Moyes. We probably could have acted sooner and offered him the job and written off this season but at the time Tactics Tim was still a chance to get us top 4. Chance of getting him 1/10

de Boer: he wants it, has worked well with JV and Eriksen before, great with bringing through youth and produces enjoyable football to watch. Chance of getting him 9/10

Martinez: has done great things at Everton after his over achievements at Wigan. I was a bit skeptical of appointing him when we got AVB because he hadn't proven anything on a bigger stage and with Everton being the ones to take the plunge on him he has delivered. Chance of getting him 5/10

Pochettino: is the flavour of the season with Southampton's season being pretty good. They have dropped off a fair bit of late though. Enjoyable side to watch. Likes the DoF approach which will be a big plus for him even though most of their big money signings at Southampton have failed miserably (Wanyama, Ramirez, Osvaldo) Chance of getting him 9/10

If every star could possibly align I'd say Conte but that is extremely unlikely.

de Boer would be my next favourite he really could be the manager to take us that next step, just as long as Levy and Baldini let him do his own thing a little as AVB kind of wanted to but got pulled up on. He would be great for us for 2015-16 and beyond but I wouldn't want Levy getting twitchy if we are not in the top 6 come December of his second season. Think he will drastically change the way we play and the sort of player we recruit and that will take 18 months to implement. I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back