Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
while your hear talking Spurs. Anyone your liking as an off season transfer target? Not sure if all the Lukaku talk will come to fruition, but £15m could be a worthy buy considering we spent that (+ some) for a multitude of players last off season.

Any weight in rumours concerning a keeper worry you either?

From the off-topic thread

Ledley King testimonial game next Monday.
Spurs current XI vs King's XI. A few of the blokes would still get a game for us!

Kings XI: Robinson, Stalteri, King, Chimbonda, Carr, Ginola, Anderton, Ruel Fox, Davids, Parker, Huddlestone, Steve Clemence, Tainio, Berbatov, Crouch, Sherringham, Saha

Bale, Modric, Keane and Defoe a chance to be in attendance also

From the off-topic thread

Ledley King testimonial game next Monday.
Spurs current XI vs King's XI. A few of the blokes would still get a game for us!

Kings XI: Robinson, Stalteri, King, Chimbonda, Carr, Ginola, Anderton, Ruel Fox, Davids, Parker, Huddlestone, Steve Clemence, Tainio, Berbatov, Crouch, Sherringham, Saha

Bale, Modric, Keane and Defoe a chance to be in attendance also

these blokes + JV, Daws, Lloris, Erricsen would form a pretty bloody good CL first XI

while your hear talking Spurs. Anyone your liking as an off season transfer target? Not sure if all the Lukaku talk will come to fruition, but £15m could be a worthy buy considering we spent that (+ some) for a multitude of players last off season.

Any weight in rumours concerning a keeper worry you either?
I think who we appoint will have a big say in if Lloris and JV stay. If de Boer or Conte get appointed I think both will stick around.

OUTS: Naughton (couple of lower PL clubs looking), Kaboul (free), Paulinho (Brazilian Jenas), Holtby (Parker without the tackling skill), Soldado (if the offer close to what we paid), Adebayor (if the rumoured Turkish interest is true)

INS: Krul (if Lloris goes), Loris Benito (young LB much cheaper and realistic than Shaw), one of Veltman or Caulker, one of Wellbeck or Hernandez, Batsuyashi (young Belgian striker)

Dont think we will make a heap of signings to be honest.

1 GK only if Lloris leaves. Young Jordan Archer will come through and be the #2 next season by all reports

1 LB to push Danny Rose

1 young CB to push Chiriches for the spot next to Vertonghen. Davide Astori lined up if JV leaves to come in and be the experienced CB

Midfield is set in my opinion. Probably too many in there. Sandro & Capoue are good enough at the breaking down role. Dembele, Bentaleb, Carroll to partner them a bit deeper. Out wide and in advanced roles we have plenty of options so probably could offload 1 or 2. Eriksen, Gyfli, Lamela, Chadli, Lennon & Townsend would be my pecking order.

Up front it all depends on what offers come in for the experienced strikers we have. Soldado will be better suited to any other gameplan and being in the league for 12 months so I wouldn't be against keeping hold of him. Think we will sign 2 strikers, 1 out and out striker (Lukaku or Hernandez) and 1 that can also operate out wide (Wellbeck or Batsuyashi)

de Boer plays a 4-3-3 so that's what I had in mind when writing that.

Lloris
Walker - Caulker - Vertonghen - Rose/Benito
Sandro/Capoue - Gylfi/Eriksen - Dembele/Bentaleb
Lamela - Soldado/Hernandez - Eriksen/Chadli

Good complimenting midfield 3 is vital.
Enforcing ball winner - more advanced play-maker - player to come deep and also win the ball.

Hope we hold on to Carrol. Seemed to really take some great strides this season in the PL
Think that no matter what manager we do get he should have a season in the first team in 14/15. Transfer targets will vary quite a bit I'd imagine between the Pochettino 4-2-3-1 and the de Boer 4-3-3 I mentioned above

In light of Tim Sherwood being moved on, no one can fault his confidence in the youngsters. Would have loved to have seen Tommy Carrol with us in his time as manager.
Yes and no to that statement. His over playing of Bentaleb in big games didn't do him any favours on the pitch or with fans when he was being ahead of Brazlian internationals Paulinho and Sandro

Was that young and inexperience? or plain favouritism?
Sherwood is that incompetent and wanting to make a statement all the time that is was a bit of all 3. He might end up being a good manager in 5 years time but he has a lot to learn and the Tottenham job isn't where he should do it. I hope for his sake Newcastle sack Pardew and he goes there other wise it probably won't be in the premier league and he will be at Norwich

Ahh, season over and good riddance. Can't get any shitter than the last 12 months.

Shouldn't be too long now before Sherwood's sacked.

What a weird season that was!

11/12 - 69 points. 66 GF. 41 GA. Finish 4th
12/13 - 72 points. 66 GF. 46 GA. Finish 5th
13/14 - 69 points. 55 GF. 51 GA. Finish 6th

Sacked a manager, conceded 17 goals from unforced errors, got just 1 point from games against the top 4, very un-Tottenham season we normally slip up against sides under us. Tim Sherwood is way too egotistical for our job. Must get de Boer or Pochettino. Even be pleased getting Rafa from Napoli in there!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im no die hard Spurs supporter but can one of you guys give me a little run down on what makes Ledley King so special?
(this is how much of a dumbarse I am :D)
One-Club Player; joined in 1996 and stayed til he retired. On top of that, he somehow consistently put in world class performances every time he was on the pitch, even though he hardly trained as his career was ruined by injuries.

The glaring parallels to Sol Campbell also probably help his cause. Both big, black, top quality centre-halfs that came from our academy; one stayed at the club his whole career, the other let his contract run out to join Arsenal on free transfer & has been universally hated by our supporters ever since.

There are many players who get the what-ifs thrown at them by supporters but Ledley is on a different level to any of those. The fact that the likes of Henry, Davids, Zidane etc. have all spoken about just how good he is proves that its not just the one-eye supporters boosting him. Henry constantly says he is the best defender he played against. Zidane said he didn't even know who this young CB was that blanketed him and Henry for 90 minutes at Euro 2004. Would love to see him become a youth coach at the club because he was fantastic reader of the game. And how he made that Robben tackle with those knees I'll never know!

I'd hope there is an announcement in the next week. Surely we have been talking to de Boer and Pochettino's agent for some time and have something in place already

Not sold on Pochettino for the Spurs job, he's done well with Southampton but I can't help feeling that Spurs might be too big of a jump for him to handle. Could be David Moyes 2.0, which is why I'd favour De Boer or even Benitez for the job.

Not sold on Pochettino for the Spurs job, he's done well with Southampton but I can't help feeling that Spurs might be too big of a jump for him to handle. Could be David Moyes 2.0, which is why I'd favour De Boer or even Benitez for the job.
I wasn't sold on him back in Nov/Dec when AVB was sacked thinking Southampton were just a flash in the pan. But they continued playing well and he would suit our preference of playing good football. Think he is more Martinez 2.0 than Moyes now. It's a win/win with de Boer and Poch for me

One-Club Player; joined in 1996 and stayed til he retired. On top of that, he somehow consistently put in world class performances every time he was on the pitch, even though he hardly trained as his career was ruined by injuries.

The glaring parallels to Sol Campbell also probably help his cause. Both big, black, top quality centre-halfs that came from our academy; one stayed at the club his whole career, the other let his contract run out to join Arsenal on free transfer & has been universally hated by our supporters ever since.
There are many players who get the what-ifs thrown at them by supporters but Ledley is on a different level to any of those. The fact that the likes of Henry, Davids, Zidane etc. have all spoken about just how good he is proves that its not just the one-eye supporters boosting him. Henry constantly says he is the best defender he played against. Zidane said he didn't even know who this young CB was that blanketed him and Henry for 90 minutes at Euro 2004. Would love to see him become a youth coach at the club because he was fantastic reader of the game. And how he made that Robben tackle with those knees I'll never know!

I had no idea about Ledley King.

Yeah, sure, I saw him on FIFA 11** but never knew about the history and theatrics of players like King, Defoe, Sandro etc. Just kinda went with it.

Hearing this, it truly is remarkable that a player is a one - club player, especially in a top flight of an elite football competition. True mark of respect from both club and sport that a match is played in his honour.

**(incidentally thats kinda how I started following Tottenham 3 - 4 years ago. Playing FIFA and didn't want to be another Manchester knob, or Arsenal/Chelsea bandwagoner. Tottenham were pretty good at that stage with Modric, Bale, VDV, Defoe so thought I would I guess, jump on board).

While Im here.. GrandBlue & jd2010 who would be on your wish list?

Bit of talk around that guys like Martinez and Llalana are on our shopping list whilst the ever speculative 'Lukaku to Tottenham' talk has started already.

Any ideas on who you guys would like to get (and anyone else that would like to have there two cents worth).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back