Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just like to see us do something better than we've done for the last 40 years before I die :(
Hard to do that when every season is a transition season. If Poch is still in the job come the 2016/17 season I'd say we'll be a lot closer to the top 4 and contesting for trophies regularly. Also last 40 years you've been somewhat lucky you've followed them for more than just the last 20! 3 FA Cups, 2 League Cups, 1 UEFA Cup (when it meant something) and quite a few top 3-4 finishes in the 80s

I think a lot of our achievements are dismissed because we made the champions league once and should have made it another time if it wasn't for those campaigners in blue from west London. Without having the exact figures on hand I seem to remember that across the last 5 or maybe 10 years Spurs are last of all teams that have been in the Premier League in terms of net spend; we've actually made money from transfers. For us to consistently remain in the top 6 in that period is a fine achievement in my opinion.

I think a lot of our achievements are dismissed because we made the champions league once and should have made it another time if it wasn't for those campaigners in blue from west London. Without having the exact figures on hand I seem to remember that across the last 5 or maybe 10 years Spurs are last of all teams that have been in the Premier League in terms of net spend; we've actually made money from transfers. For us to consistently remain in the top 6 in that period is a fine achievement in my opinion.
Yeah us and Newcastle are the only 2 sides (maybe Burnley too) to have that

Yeah us and Newcastle are the only 2 sides (maybe Burnley too) to have that
OUt of interest jd, are you an Englishman who found Australian football or an Australian living in London?

Hard to do that when every season is a transition season. If Poch is still in the job come the 2016/17 season I'd say we'll be a lot closer to the top 4 and contesting for trophies regularly. Also last 40 years you've been somewhat lucky you've followed them for more than just the last 20! 3 FA Cups, 2 League Cups, 1 UEFA Cup (when it meant something) and quite a few top 3-4 finishes in the 80s

I did enjoy the 81/82 FA Cup wins, although I was pretty young. I still remember Ricky Villa's amazing winner vs Crystal Phalus. So many great players in that team... Crooks, Villa, Ardiles, Hoddle, Clemence... great side

Good win tyhis morning; not without nerves though. It would have been proper Spursy for Swansea to go on and get an equaliser.

Hope our poor GD doesn't cost us an important spot in the league. We never seem to win by 2 or more goals. Can only think of 3 wins all season where we haven't had to hold on at the end or steal it

So it's confirmed that Spurs will be playing Sydney FC at ANZ Stadium. Anyone going?

So it's confirmed that Spurs will be playing Sydney FC at ANZ Stadium. Anyone going?
I booked my plane ticket last week. At worst I'd get the SOO game plus the Swans on Friday night.

Am very much looking forward to it now

Not sure if anyone on here is Spurs Australia members. Recommend it if you're thinking of going. Gets you tickets in a designated Spurs end + there'll be a function & open training sessions that you can attend. Can't believe this is happening while I've moved over here!! Impossible to get as close to the squad as you blokes who attend either of those 2 events over here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back