Biggest dud eagle, ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Been a few mentions of Ash Smith.

A few years ago I went to a charity auction that his mum was somehow involved in and Ash had managed to get a Sherrin signed by Nic Nat that I ended up buying. At the time I thought Ash was going to be a future star and wondered why he hadn't signed it himself.

But he knew better. I'll always be thankful that he chose not to tarnish my very expensive football.

Can we please redo this with a minimum AFL games requirement?

Like 25 games for WC?

Enough time for the coaches to realise that he's a spud, but still gets games anyway?

McGinnity is probably the worst player to play that has played that many games for the club. At least the most poorly skilled with a very limited ability to influence a game in any meaningful way, and he hasn't really developed at all since he debuted.

Post season interviews - when asked if he thought he was performing & if he deserved to stay on the list Ash Smith suggested he was being held back & asked for a pay rise.

nek minnit

Press conference announcing Wooshs departure following day.

EFA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of you blokes need to define the difference between dud and unlucky.

Dud: someone do s**t that I have no idea why he was on the list or on the list for as long as he has been.

E.g. McGinity, Bedford, Papertalk

Unlucky: someone who had talent and belonged amongst his peers but for one reason or another out of his control (I.e. Injuries), could not showcase his talent.

E.g. Gaspar, Swift, Merenda

Blokes like McDougall (talented but soft), Morton (talented but arguably softer), Sampi (talented but loved the sponsors freebies - HJs) are in a separate discussion.

Unlucky: someone who had talent and belonged amongst his peers but for one reason or another out of his control (I.e. Injuries), could not showcase his talent.

E.g. Gaspar, Swift, Merenda

Blokes like McDougall (talented but soft), Morton (talented but arguably softer), Sampi (talented but loved the sponsors freebies - HJs) are in a separate discussion.
How was Sampi unlucky? Throw him in with the spuds as far as I'm concerned.

Guess it comes down to whether we talkin about 'wasted picks' vs 'talentless hacks'

lol bullshit

What a cop out he was mostly injured....

He was straight up just a crap player.
Some odd ones in there. Ebert, Jones and Nicoski....

Hansen was integral to our success in the mid 2000's.

lol i thought everyone hated Rowan Jones.

Ebert was just an unlikable guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back