Player Watch Billy Frampton

Remove this Banner Ad

If you mean by Billy’s performance in the GF, I beg to differ.
Harris Andrews had no impact on the game for the first 3 quarters. Conversely against Carlton the week before, he murdered them.
Billy wasn’t there for stats or goals. He was there as spoiler. He did his job and it not go unnoticed by Fly.
Richardson praised his job on Andrew’s in the commentary. I’m glad he did.

Billy effectively kept him quiet most of the game. I’m sure he did the job he was asked to do. Had he kicked a goal that would have been icing on the cake.

Richardson praised his job on Andrew’s in the commentary. I’m glad he did.

Billy effectively kept him quiet most of the game. I’m sure he did the job he was asked to do. Had he kicked a goal that would have been icing on the cake.
Absolutely. I’m very surprised anybody would question this. Malthouse said before the game you don’t mess with your structure. So a tall had to come in and Billy is the same size unit as Harris Andrews. He played his part well.

If you mean by Billy’s performance in the GF, I beg to differ.
Harris Andrews had no impact on the game for the first 3 quarters. Conversely against Carlton the week before, he murdered them.
Billy wasn’t there for stats or goals. He was there as spoiler. He did his job and it not go unnoticed by Fly.

Fly is not going to bag any player after winning a grand final. I remember him talking about Ginnivan too about how he is the ‘hardest trainer‘ etc
did you believe that?
I sure didn’t

remind me how many times he spoilt Andrews during the game
it was more the fact that Brisbane coaching panel respected his opponent more than they valued their asset as a weapon on the day

Fly is not going to bag any player after winning a grand final. I remember him talking about Ginnivan too about how he is the ‘hardest trainer‘ etc
did you believe that?
I sure didn’t

remind me how many times he spoilt Andrews during the game
it was more the fact that Brisbane coaching panel respected his opponent more than they valued their asset as a weapon on the day
I meant play as spoiler in a blanketing role. You took me literally with a “spoiling” role.
But 7 mins into the presser after the game. Go remind yourself.
The coach is more likely to bag a player than praise him if he didn’t play his role. The fact the Fly took the time to elaborate on the job Billy did on Harris Andrews should say it all.

look, we should have won by 5 goals
the fact we didn’t was due to our bad goal kicking
but if we had of lost that, fingers would have been well and truly pointed at his performance, or lack of
He rendered the best key defender ineffectual for 3 quarters. I could ask you what more do you want but you’d say 4 quarters. But as Fly said in his presser, you can’t keep good players quiet all day.

You pretty much just killed your argument right there.
I thought everybody would recognise how important Frampton was to winning the GF.
Had Harris Andrews played one other quarter like he did the last, we would probably be looking at a different result.
A coach will never praise a poor performance. And rather than bag a player, he’d say nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how so?
our midfield was doing the damage, not Frampton on Andrews
you would be singing a different tune if we lost, I can just see it for what it was without the blinkers
If you can’t see that Frampton shut Harris Andrews out of the game for 3 quarters, then it is you my friend who has the blinkers on. As I said, our coach says you are wrong.

provided nothing, dropped 2 sitters within 30m of goal, if we hadn’t of held on, you would be seeing him a lot different. It was more bad coaching by Brisbane of Harris Andrews than what anything Frampton done.
We dodged a bullet with that
Billy did his job nullifying Andrews - no debate. And by ensuring we preserved our structure, Fly forced Fagan to play Andrews on Billy.
Billy kept Andrews away from influencing marking contests, and blocked for his team mates stopping BNE interceptions.
Sometimes, possessions don’t tell the real story about a players performance.
Next year Fagan will take a different approach if the same circumstances arise - and that’s a big tick for Billy.

look, we should have won by 5 goals
the fact we didn’t was due to our bad goal kicking
but if we had of lost that, fingers would have been well and truly pointed at his performance, or lack of
I think the finger was pointed at Andrews in the BNE rooms - not Billy.
I think Voss would have loved a player like Billy in the PF - they’d have made the GF.

Billy did his job nullifying Andrews - no debate. And by ensuring we preserved our structure, Fly forced Fagan to play Andrews on Billy.
Billy kept Andrews away from influencing marking contests, and blocked for his team mates stopping BNE interceptions.
Next year Fagan will take a different approach if the same circumstances arise - and that’s a big tick for Billy.

so it was bad coaching by Fagan, like I said. That’s not a tick for Billy, that’s a cross for Fagan. And he is going to have endless nights thinking about it which I’m quite ok with

winners are grinners, losers can please themselves, but as I said, we dodged a bullet with his performance on the day. I’m not going to sit here and a polish a turd of a performance.

so it was bad coaching by Fagan, like I said. That’s not a tick for Billy, that’s a cross for Fagan. And he is going to have endless nights thinking about it which I’m quite ok with

winners are grinners, losers can please themselves, but as I said, we dodged a bullet with his performance on the day. I’m not going to sit here and a polish a turd of a performance.
Mate - think about it.
Why did Fagan need to move Andrews?
Because Billy was nullifying his influence.
It not that hard mate.

Well said 👏🏻

Andrews cut loose with 9 possessions in the last quarter. Sure Frampton did OK as a negating blanket in the one game but he is not someone you'd want as a regular fixture in defence.

Mate - think about it.
Why did Fagan need to move Andrews?
Because Billy was nullifying his influence.
It not that hard mate.

would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when he dropped that uncontested mark 20m dead in front of the goal in the 3rd qtr, or how about the last qtr when he didn’t even go for the mark when 5m in front and instead waited for Andrews, then watched him intercept It

I bet you were praising his game then
winning covers over all cracks
dodged a bullet
end of

Andrews cut loose with 9 possessions in the last quarter. Sure Frampton did OK as a negating blanket in the one game but he is not someone you'd want as a regular fixture in defence.
I’ll answer that after seeing him play 10 consecutive games in defence.
I have every confidence he, like Murphy, will prove the doubters wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back