Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wes who Swannies. I wanna hear you say his whole name :)
Lammie, OK Jack, Wes Lammie. I've apologised a number of times and I'm prepared to apologise some more. ;):D

Looking forward to seeing the new, completed can bar on Saturday - looks great!

content_01345625931.jpg

Got down to "christen" the new facilities on Saturday. Congratulations to all involved in getting this up and running.
Great to see 3000 odd people for a top of the table clash.
One thing that does need doing (and I've asked the club a few times - no response) is for the PA system to be hooked up so those on the non members wing can hear announcements - particularly important on ANZAC day matches and special occasions such as the Luke Adams anti-violence pre-match a year or so ago.

Unlucky yesterday. It was a terrible day for umpiring, for both sides. But we definitely showed that we can match it with them. Let's just make sure in 2 weeks time we don't give them a similar head start. I was right near the contest where Ames was reported, didn't seem much in it for me so he should be right. We had Jetta reported as well didn't we. He'll be right wont he?

Unlucky yesterday. It was a terrible day for umpiring, for both sides. But we definitely showed that we can match it with them. Let's just make sure in 2 weeks time we don't give them a similar head start. I was right near the contest where Ames was reported, didn't seem much in it for me so he should be right. We had Jetta reported as well didn't we. He'll be right wont he?
And Hansen as well ...3 of the softest reports imaginable not unlike the umpiring yesterday! :thumbsdown:

Terrible umpiring! However, we were asleep early and paid the price. The umpired merely confounded it.

We then spent the next 2 quarters admirably playing catch up but were cooked in the last.

It was frustrating but we showed we could match it with them. Claremont aren't the same side away from home.

Geez, it seems you're not allowed to go near that little girl Mitchell without giving away a free kick :thumbsdown:

^^^ I think Kane just knows how to play for the free.
It was a good game and the result notwithstanding Swans did show a lot of moxxie yesterday.

When they got the ball they played a very direct and good style of footy, quite dangerous imo. Many times when Swans rebounded their Claremont opposite numbers were a good 4-5 meters out of position on average. They also know how to apply pressure. I'm not looking forward to another Claremont vs Swans Grand Final.......we all know how they turn out.

Umps were quite soft I thought.

Shouldn't have been a free, let alone a report.

^^^ I think Kane just knows how to play for the free.
It was a good game and the result notwithstanding Swans did show a lot of moxxie yesterday.

When they got the ball they played a very direct and good style of footy, quite dangerous imo. Many times when Swans rebounded their Claremont opposite numbers were a good 4-5 meters out of position on average. They also know how to apply pressure. I'm not looking forward to another Claremont vs Swans Grand Final.......we all know how they turn out.

Umps were quite soft I thought.
Soft :eek:, butter is harder. 7 dubious free kicks for goals in the first half, you're not going to be another person telling me that it was crap both ways? Surely? It was crap one way. However, as Underdog said, we shouldn't have let them get the jump and young blokes like Faulkner looked really over awed. Hilder and Twomey were garbage, IMO, so you'd hope they don't play that badly againm Roach was rarely sighted and didn't seem to want to use his run to open up the game :confused: .
East Freo is going to be a very tough ask though. :(

I'm hearing Jetta and Ames had their charges withdrawn and Hansen was given a reprimand. :thumbsu:
Do we also get those 3 goals back given to Claremont on a platter for those inept, ridiculous free kicks & reports & now subsequently proven to be blatantly wrong? :mad:

Looking forward to seeing the new, completed can bar on Saturday - looks great!

content_01345625931.jpg

It's werid driving past behind Bassendean Oval and seeing that big black swan overlooking the oval, it's like some kind of cult. Will walk down Sunday to check out the game against Easts seeing as my team is toast and I can't stand the Sharks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know why Riggio is still out? Can't wait for the game sunday, should be a ripper.
Hamstring isn't it? Every week we've been getting "Riggio should be back" - concerning. At least we have Davis back this week who is a huge in. If we win Sunday, hopefully we'll get Riggio and Walters for the final.

I spoke to Riggo at the huddle last week, he said at least 2 weeks. It's his calf, hurt in last qtr v Perth. Hopefully he can make it back next week with son son, provided we win today off course.

Walked down to Basso yesterday to watch the game, piss poor effort all around from the Black Ducks, never really looked in it with too many small guys. Was great up on the hill thought drinking in the sun, almost kicked off a couple of times between the Swans and Sharks fans.

Yep, terrible performance. Simply too many midfielders happy to run forward but only half-heartedly, if at all, chase their man back. Caused loose players all over the field for the Sharks. The skipper Josh Roberts was one of the biggest culprits.

Felt sorry for our big forwards, no flow and terrible delivery (as well as well performing defenders) made them largely ineffectual.

I simply cannot understand why Harding only had 1 marking target out of defense and that man was Wes Lammie who is a rubbish mark. It completely dismantled our structures on the kick outs. FFS tell Notte, Geappen or Hansen to get there! Ames is usually deep and Simpson is not a pack marker.

Congratulations to Swan Districts boy Lewis Jetta on becoming an AFL Premiership player joining players such as Leon Baker, Jason Ball, Beau McDonald, Andrew Embley, Ashley Hansen & Adam Hunter.

Congratulations to Swan Districts boy Lewis Jetta on becoming an AFL Premiership player joining players such as Leon Baker, Jason Ball, Beau McDonald, Andrew Embley, Ashley Hansen & Adam Hunter.

I was on the same flight as his family. He certainly has a big entourage.

Well, I thought the disappointment of losing the Prelim had left me, until I heard Dawson was now the coach of East Perth. I'm feeling sick! :p

On to the prelim, yes, it was a poor effort and Underdog's summation is perfect, running defensively was very ordinary. However, I spoke to a few players after the game, on my way out the gates at about 6 and they were shattered. A couple apologised to me for their efforts. I told them chin up, you guys know what you did wrong, just make it better next year. :)
We can only hope. ;)

Well, I thought the disappointment of losing the Prelim had left me, until I heard Dawson was now the coach of East Perth. I'm feeling sick! :p

On to the prelim, yes, it was a poor effort and Underdog's summation is perfect, running defensively was very ordinary. However, I spoke to a few players after the game, on my way out the gates at about 6 and they were shattered. A couple apologised to me for their efforts. I told them chin up, you guys know what you did wrong, just make it better next year. :)
We can only hope. ;)
Devastating. It's almost a shame we didn't have a bad year so Dawson could have come back to us. Ah well.

Anyone really surprised that Hilder won the Swan? Was very good early season but I thought he went missing for long patches in games at the end.o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back