List Mgmt. Blake Hardwick extends contract by two more years

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird opinion but I actually hope he doesn't get any better.

As far as I'm concerned he's already the best in the league for what he does. Like Stratton before him, he's criminally underrated even by many of our own supporters.

If he gets any better then it will be impossible to keep his importance and value under the radar and then we might have to start countering lucrative offers to pry him out.

I'm sure he was at the top of the list of players to call for Clarko once he got the North job.

Yeah I think you’ll be in a minority with your ‘I hope our players stagnate to make retention easier’ standpoint - but kudos on a bold take.

So how do you s**t them?
Maybe I should have asked what is a tad shitter?
"Shitter" is just poor grammar from threesixpio

The comparative of the adjective 's**t' is obviously 'shittier', while the superlative is 'shittiest'

Shitter is most inferred as a noun of agency in his example. i.e. object that shits.

It grieves me to see such grammatical standards slipping on this forum.

The comparative of the adjective 's**t' is obviously 'shittier', while the superlative is 'shittiest'

Shitter is most inferred as a noun of agency in his example. i.e. object that shits.

Amusing that s**t cops a swear filter but the extensions of s**t do not.

Yeah I think you’ll be in a minority with your ‘I hope our players stagnate to make retention easier’ standpoint - but kudos on a bold take.
What I should have said is I don’t care if he improves. He’s already the best player in the league for what he does imo. Just quietly gets it done each week for us.

If he does get better then great. Doesn’t hurt to have great players.

But he’s also a free agent when he’s out of contract end of next year. So let’s at least get him signed up for another 4 years before he becomes the type of player Norf throws one of their ridiculous free agency offers at.

s**t never use to. Not sure why that's changed.

JAEb383.gif

AS it does for me. Which is why I chose to read it as a person who sh!ts tads - a tad shitter.
Apologies to 36PO as I really did know what he meant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed although, one could argue, that shittier and shittiest are comparative and superlative respectively to shitty.
This is a shitty car and the one next to it is a littler shittier.
While the analogous sentence This is a s**t car mate. You could make it shitter by slashing the sheets.

Nah. threesixpio just screwed up. I tried to defend you mate. I've got nothing.

eldorado should be chucked in the shittier shitter - not the nice and less s**t one

Didn't see this posted anywhere else (feel free to delete if I missed it - also couldn't find his "toast" thread, so feel free to post there instead!).

Included the preview thumbnail, as AFL has had the YouTube version of the video age-restricted (probs all the bloody cheap booze everywhere)

hqdefault.jpg

Thought it was great - good insights on Clarko v Sammy, who he rates internally and just how he manages himself

Just so great having such a quiet, stable head in the backline

Last edited:
Cody Weightman has been kept scoreless twice this year, both times against Hawks.

Cody Weightman has been kept scoreless twice this year, both times against Hawks.
Weightman is Hardwicks gimp.

Round 22: 5 Disposals, 0 Goals, 2 inside 50's
Round 7: 3 Disposals, 0 Goals, 1 inside 50
Round 23: 11 Disposals, 1 Goal, 1 inside 50
Round 15: 1 Disposals, 0 Goals, 0 inside 50

Weightman is Hardwicks gimp.

Round 22: 5 Disposals, 0 Goals, 2 inside 50's
Round 7: 3 Disposals, 0 Goals, 1 inside 50
Round 7: 11 Disposals, 1 Goal, 1 inside 50
Round 15: 1 Disposals, 0 Goals, 0 inside 50
Wow no wonder he ran into and bounced off Duke like a zombie, Hardwick has frozen his mind.

I'm not surprised Hawk players don't get talked about more in AA conversations unless they are absolutely obvious choices (and even then they leave out Siciily). Watched 'First Crack' yesterday and only part of Hawthorn's win was Newcombe's performance... like they have done with only talking about Sicily in some wins. No talk about Hardwick again beating a star opponent, or Reeves beating English (again), Amon ripping up the wing (again), etc. etc.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised Hawk players don't get talked about more in AA conversations unless they are absolutely obvious choices (and even then they leave out Siciily). Watched 'First Crack' yesterday and only part of Hawthorn's win was Newcombe's performance... like they have done with only talking about Sicily in some wins. No talk about Hardwick again beating a star opponent, or Reeves beating English (again), Amon ripping up the wing (again), etc. etc.
We have a funny way of presenting such team first success that the individual brilliance of player gets thrown into said big pot. Never mad about it though, because it’s always about the team and if anything helps not over inflate our cap. Hardwick is the best small forward defender in the game tho, but his not flashy.

Also think we have become from general speak over the last few years always about the coach and less about the players which I always find odd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back