Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest Injury Update 23rd April …

Four Blues facing tests​

Player

Injury

Update

Dom AkueiConcussionProgressing through concussion protocols.
Availability: test. (Update: 23 April)
Matt CarrollGroinContinuing on his modified program.
Return to play will be further assessed in Round 7. (Update: 26 March)
Adam CerraHamstringAvailability: one week. (Update: 23 April)
David CuninghamCalfAiming to be test to play next week. (Update: 23 April)
Sam DochertyKneeSuffered a ruptured ACL and torn meniscus in his right knee. (Update: 9 March)
Lachie FogartyWristCommenced running program.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 11. (Update: 16 April)
Caleb MarchbankConcussionProgressing through recovery.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 9. (Update: 16 April)
Jack MartinHamstringLow-grade hamstring last week. Will enter a conditioning block.
Availability: 5-6 weeks. (Update: 3 April)
Mitch McGovernHamstringAvailability: 1-2 weeks. (Update: 23 April)
Jesse MotlopHamstringSuffered a further hamstring injury in recent days.
Availability: 4-5 weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Adam SaadHamstringMedium-grade hamstring strain.
Availability: six weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Jack SilvagniKneeHas begun initial stages of rehab following surgery. (Update: 21 February)
Zac WilliamsAchilles sorenessReceived a knock to Achilles on Saturday and was subbed out of the game.
Jacob WeiteringCorkAvailability: test. (Update: 23 April)
Billy WilsonConcussionProgressing through concussion protocols.

Believe you're referring to the clubs Hall of Fame night, can't imagine he'd have wanted to be there with thousands of diehards asking him every 3 seconds about his back. Highly doubt there's anything wrong with him if he's back training, probably just asked to skip the night for his own sake.

No, a club arranged function Wednesday

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Weitering Hollands Motlop…

Walshy, patience & playing the longer game 👍

Martin, fmd disappointing another soft tissue setback…

Marchbank, reserves find some touch…

So 2-3 weeks of conditioning work for Walsh before being considered for selection.

If he’s in fact no longer injured and we’re building him up because we have that luxury, great.

I wonder if previously, we would have rushed him straight back in this week or next.

Curious if the village idiot Mitch Cleary will come out and apologies when Walsh plays this week or will he claim a miracle?
We had people on here adamant that they wanted the club to come out and just tell us that Sam Walsh was going to miss the majority of the year, even though that wasn’t going to be the case. So believe me, it isn’t only Mitch Cleary with clueless views.

So 2-3 weeks of conditioning work for Walsh before being considered for selection.

If he’s in fact no longer injured and we’re building him up because we have that luxury, great.

I wonder if previously, we would have rushed him straight back in this week or next.
Maybe Walsh’s professionalism competitive nature and high standards have possibly made him push himself too hard which has unfortunately led to where things got worse for himself…
He may be his own worst enemy, so to speak..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martins calves and hamstrings are made of papier-mache at this point it seems. Hopefully we build his fitness and he's able to get enough gametime in to hit the finals push with momentum.
How many games this season would Martin need to get a contract extension next year?

Shame, we really miss his hardness, team first mentality and aerial presence in the F50.

I'm buoyed by the update on Walsh. The fact that they're specifying he will be back in to full training next week leaves me confident in the 2-3 week timeline quoted (hopefully no other flare ups)

Martin... Frustrating. His body just simply isn't made for thr rigors of the AFL unfortunately. As others have already said, if we get him for only half the season, I'd prefer him to play in the back half.

We had people on here adamant that they wanted the club to come out and just tell us that Sam Walsh was going to miss the majority of the year, even though that wasn’t going to be the case. So believe me, it isn’t only Mitch Cleary with clueless views.

Until anyone sees Walsh play a game then no one is right or wrong, just cross your fingers and hope n pray he gets right.

I'm buoyed by the update on Walsh. The fact that they're specifying he will be back in to full training next week leaves me confident in the 2-3 week timeline quoted (hopefully no other flare ups)

Martin... Frustrating. His body just simply isn't made for thr rigors of the AFL unfortunately. As others have already said, if we get him for only half the season, I'd prefer him to play in the back half.
Can’t imagine it will be 3 weeks of full training - if he’s recovering OK the week after next - why hold him back.

It’s not like he doesn’t have a base.

I’ll take it. Along with Elijah that’s four decent ins (if we want to use all four).

As for Martin, 12 games in a season is about as much as we will likely get out of him. Happy for those 12 games to be in the second half.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s only averaged 13 games a season over the last six years.

As long as he’s back by Rd 8/9/10 and can set himself for a big August & September.

Don’t mind the conservative approach with Walshy. Shouldn’t really be needed this week and sitting in airports and on planes before and after your first game back from a back injury isn’t ideal

Can’t imagine it will be 3 weeks of full training - if he’s recovering OK the week after next - why hold him back.

It’s not like he doesn’t have a base.

Can't hurt to be overly cautious. 3 weeks feels right to me... If he gets through 3 weeks of full training without any issues, then you know he is 100% right to go.

Reckon Moir is the Jack M replacement going forward, it's the back half of every season in which Premierships are won, never March!
Get the cattle out there, get 'em fit, unleash them in June and ride the wave....quiet a few analogies in there!!!!
Still get this feeling Moir will debut gather round

Seriously - did you expect anything different? If he gets fit to play later in the year it would be a bonus. Same for Marchbank - can not be relied on.

It's not fair to them as individuals but it's the cruel reality of the sport.

The players are assets of the club and if that asset is not fit-for-purpose then it needs to be replaced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back