Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine Lyon with our current list (which I think talent wise is better than fremantle, bar fyfe) and our ability to pull free agents and trades (Boyd exception) Lyon would do very well here. We are a bigger and better club than Saints and Freo

That being said I think Nick is just as good. If Lyon wants to coach us after Nick retires then bravo, but I'm not going to shaft Mick

Especially as they have similar but still different game plans and all of Micks work at rebuilding the list these last two years would be a waste.
This has only been re-established since Mick's been around and I'd say has been a big factor in those f/a and trades (going to Sydney for Everitt being the perfect example), add to that Juddy playing on, 2 players in Tutt and Dick actually delisting themselves to become Blues and Lyon's reputation* of not getting in players when needed/leave a side in tatters, I don't believe that our ability to snag the gems in f/a and trades will be the same as it is with Mick doing what Mick does.

Lyon's team seem to have lacked the ability to grab gun players they need like a second key forward and not being able to really use Luke Ball at St Kilda was strange even though they had a really good midfield. Fre could do with a key forward and so far they seem to be going everywhere else.

You've really set the cat amongst the pigeons JAB

Lyon has a history at Carlton coached us in the early 2000's and our VFl side, thanks for the wooden spoon!

No doubt he can coach tho, getting two sides to GF's speaks for itself.

He is really good mates with SOS

i think Mick needs more than 3 years, lets see how the year pans out, if Mick walks away or we decide on a new coach, due diligence should be followed, I would prefer the new Hinkley..who ever that maybe

Lyon has a history at Carlton coached us in the early 2000's and our VFl side, thanks for the wooden spoon!

i think Mick needs more than 3 years, lets see how the year pans out, if Mick walks away or we decide on a new coach, due diligence should be followed, I would prefer the new Hinkley..who ever that maybe
Leigh Tudor i think is the man most likely to replicate Ken Hinkley rise at Port if there was to be one, with Stewy Dew, Nathan Basset, Blake Carracella the highly rated young assistants

Like I said Bluesque - I am merely repeating what was told to me by a Collingwood 'person' - and therefore anything coming from such a source - irrespective of any insight - is in my opinion tainted and not to be trusted.....there is no doubt that COllingwood is upset with Malthouse for coming to Carlton...I don think they wish him well.

I'm sure he would be looked at if that scenario unfolded, but I doubt his suitability to coaching this list. Mick tried to develop a strong defensive culture when he first arrived, and while he has taken us forward a little in that area, he had to abandon that game plan a little to accommodate to the strengths of our list. Ross Lyon is a super defensively minded coach and I'm not sure that would be the right fit for our list. Thanks for passing on the rumour you heard, I just hope that one doesn't come true.

Like I said Bluesque - I am merely repeating what was told to me by a Collingwood 'person' - and therefore anything coming from such a source - irrespective of any insight - is in my opinion tainted and not to be trusted.....there is no doubt that COllingwood is upset with Malthouse for coming to Carlton...I don think they wish him well.

The Collingwood vice president is a member of the pratt family. Not sure if there is some kind of info leak across the two clubs.

Family dinner sure could get interesting...

The Collingwood vice president is a member of the pratt family. Not sure if there is some kind of info leak across the two clubs.

Family dinner sure could get interesting...

Well there is a bit of an issue regarding Mr W's 'standing' with the Pratt family...I'll leave it at that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is a complete rumour killer...:eek:. Now what are we going to talk about?
6 months to make 4 posts and you wanna know what to talk about? Talk about anything, CW. It's the post count not the talk that matters! :thumbsu:

unless something catastrophic happens this year (a bottom 3 finish and players loose complete faith) Mick will be going on. There is an agreement with Mick in place already

That's great to hear.
Mick needs time to build his list and getting the team playing his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back