Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this finally the discussion of a thread that is nothing but rumours - yesss

Yes. The other thread is only rumours. They are posted in here with the hash tag #bluemour. People can come in here and discuss those rumours and the hash tag makes it easier to find it amongst the chit chat.

Yes. The other thread is only rumours. They are posted in here with the hash tag #bluemour. People can come in here and discuss those rumours and the hash tag makes it easier to find it amongst the chit chat.

Good system ODN, well done! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

If Dangerfield is looking for premiership in say the next 3 years, we probably aren't a realistic option (neither Collingwood for that matter)

Think Richmond would be a decent fit for him if he chose to return to Vic TBH.

Also I think Trigg and/or McKay said out SC room is pretty much tight till 2016, and we won't be entering the Free Agency race for 2015 (which isn't that appealing anyway)

Prefer we saved our pennies to try lure away a Charlie Dixon type from the Gold Coast, reckon we should only pay top dollar for promising young key power/mobile forwards.

I do agree with Thy that we should stop looking for the quick fix/cheque book messiah types, its a putting all our eggs in one basket philosophy that is not conductive to build a premiership side, I mean Sydney's depth has been severely eroded by signing Buddy Franklin to a long term deal, and Freo became a solid top 4 team by drafting/developing their own players.

If Dangerfield is looking for premiership in say the next 3 years, we probably aren't a realistic option (neither Collingwood for that matter)

Think Richmond would be a decent fit for him if he chose to return to Vic TBH.

Also I think Trigg and/or McKay said out SC room is pretty much tight till 2016, and we won't be entering the Free Agency race for 2015 (which isn't that appealing anyway)

Prefer we saved our pennies to try lure away a Charlie Dixon type from the Gold Coast, reckon we should only pay top dollar for promising young key power/mobile forwards.

I do agree with Thy that we should stop looking for the quick fix/cheque book messiah types, its a putting all our eggs in one basket philosophy that is not conductive to build a premiership side, I mean Sydney's depth has been severely eroded by signing Buddy Franklin to a long term deal, and Freo became a solid top 4 team by drafting/developing their own players.
We are better placed than Richmond. As long as Grigg and Petterd are still getting games, I will never rate them. When Martin is on song their midfield is pretty hard to beat though.

We have plenty of SC room, who exactly are we paying that is taking up all the space? It's been in the media that we have more than enough to recruit top players, and posters such as MS3 have hinted the same thing.

Sorry but we haven't got time to sit around twiddling our thumbs waiting for young players like Charlie Dixon to come out of contract, then further waiting for them to become dominant players. Judds on his final legs, Murphy, Gibbs, Thomas, Rowe and Kreuzer are all in their prime ages. Jamo is nighing on 30 as well. Time to get a wriggle on and make the most of this list whilst the top end talent we have are still around.

It's not a messiah complex, is chasing a much needed gun footballer to help us get closer to a flag. 17 other clubs will be chasing him too, I doubt they're worried about conveying a 'messiah' mindset.

I know what you are saying but when you can get a player the calibre of Dangerfield without trading for him, it's a no-brainer for mine.

I think Mick has already done an outstanding job accumulating these role players from other clubs - they will only shine brighter with a star like Dangerfield leading them into battle!

If he were to ask for ridiculous money then it might be a no go, but if his contract demands are reasonable I doubt we'd think twice.

I now officially have my hopes up. :straining:

Couldn't agree more.

Any club would love to bring across a player of Dangerfield's quality, particularly if it could be done without the loss of draft picks or quality established players.

We'd be mad to let him slip through if he was keen and we could afford to bring him across.

People may not agree with Free Agency but it is now a reality and clubs have to adapt with the times. Those who do it put themselves in a position to reap the rewards; those who don't may be left behind.

Don't agree with some who claim that bringing in Dangerfield would be a quick fix which should be avoided. At 24 Dangerfield has years of top football ahead of him and bringing him across would not just have an immediate impact but would improve us for years to come.

The club has to be looking at every possible avenue to improve and it goes without saying that recruiting someone like Dangerfield will improve our on-field performances immensely. If we replace our 22nd best player with someone like Dangerfield.......the difference is simply enormous.

I'm not convinced he'll leave Adelaide and I'm even convinced he'd choose to come to Carlton if he did leave the Crows, but it would be completely irresponsible of the club to not at least try go down that path if it were even the slightest possibility.

We are better placed than Richmond. As long as Grigg and Petterd are still getting games, I will never rate them. When Martin is on song their midfield is pretty hard to beat though.

We have plenty of SC room, who exactly are we paying that is taking up all the space? It's been in the media that we have more than enough to recruit top players, and posters such as MS3 have hinted the same thing.

Sorry but we haven't got time to sit around twiddling our thumbs waiting for young players like Charlie Dixon to come out of contract, then further waiting for them to become dominant players. Judds on his final legs, Murphy, Gibbs, Thomas, Rowe and Kreuzer are all in their prime ages. Jamo is nighing on 30 as well. Time to get a wriggle on and make the most of this list whilst the top end talent we have are still around.

It's not a messiah complex, is chasing a much needed gun footballer to help us get closer to a flag. 17 other clubs will be chasing him too, I doubt they're worried about conveying a 'messiah' mindset.

Well I was just reporting a quote I saw in the Herald Sun a couple of weeks ago (regarding Salary Cap Space).
The club is still hamstrung by Robbie Warnock's contract and maybe one or two others from the previous regime.

I think right now, Dangerfield isn't a recruiting priority (although he would be great for membership numbers).
I would want the club to lock away some of our prized young guns to long term deals (Menzel esp) first and foremost.

I certainly don't think (unfortunately) that we will be in contention for a flag in the time left in Judd and Simmo's magnificent careers.

Unless the club is playing its cards close to its chest, I haven't seen anything (media or otherwise) linking us to Dangerfield anyway. (Mind you no one had an idea that Buddy was going to sign with Sydney either)

The club wouldn't dismiss any possibilities and there will be good money available at years end.
Just because we've said that there isn't any money available at the moment, doesn't necessarily mean that to be the case.

We will have Judd, Carrazzo and Warnock all out of contract at years end.
From my second hand (maybe third hand) info, Carrazzo and Warnock alone take up 1 million dollars.

Wouldn't give in too easily to Dangerfield saying he's interested either, as you'd imagine he (his manager) may be happy to get a bit of a bidding war going.

The club wouldn't dismiss any possibilities and there will be good money available at years end.
Just because we've said that there isn't any money available at the moment, doesn't necessarily mean that to be the case.

We will have Judd, Carrazzo and Warnock all out of contract at years end.
From my second hand (maybe third hand) info, Carrazzo and Warnock alone take up 1 million dollars.

Wouldn't give in too easily to Dangerfield saying he's interested either, as you'd imagine he (his manager) may be happy to get a bit of a bidding war going.

Bit strange warnock getting paid that much.

Must have been something going on three years ago that we weren't privvy too.

For what it's worth. I like knockers. Just a shame not everything has clicked

Bit strange warnock getting paid that much.
Must have been something going on three years ago that we weren't privvy too.
For what it's worth. I like knockers. Just a shame not everything has clicked

Always looked ready to go the next step but now unfortunately the steps may be now going backwards.
Have learned not too hold out too much hope when one has already been seen to go backwards whilst others have jumped the queue.

It may just be hard enough for Wood to get a game, if our intent is to have Kreuzer & Casboult tend to ruck duties, so Warnock will have a lot of work to do.
I don't doubt that he has the ability.......I just doubt he has the will. We'll see.

It may not take more than one serious soft tissue injury to Carrazzo, for us to have to say, "Thank you for your services"
I know a lot of people have dropped off Carrazzo but if his body was intact, he'd still be well inside our best team.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-01/after-the-siren-new-years-edition.mobileapp

Newly appointed list manager Stephen Silvagni talked only of "foundations" and "building blocks" being put in place at Carlton. Chief executive Steven Trigg, himself still a fresh face at the club, spelt it even more plainly.

"There are no quick fixes to the list. It's really fundamentally clear that Carlton does need to build steadily, hold its nerve, build the list with some youth," said Trigg in a highly-unusual note of candour from someone in a position of leadership at Carlton.

The noise just doesn't sound as though it's saying, "We're O.K. with paying one player in excess of 10% of the salary cap", to me.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-01/after-the-siren-new-years-edition.mobileapp

The noise just doesn't sound as though it's saying, "We're O.K. with paying one player in excess of 10% of the salary cap", to me.

Signing one player at a cost of 10% of the salary cap doesn't necessarily mean we're not also putting in those good foundations. As has been mentioned before, we sign Danger whilst still being able to recruit some good young talent. For me, it's better than trading for talent where only one or the other can obtained. I believe the 'quick fixes' they are referring to are the McLean-like trades where first round picks were traded for an immediate impact player.

Last edited:
Salary cap space shouldn't be an issue, considering:

Probable retirements:
Judd
Carrazzo

New and existing* 'veterans' ($118,380 can be paid outside salary cap):
Simpson*
Walker*
Jamison

Potential delistings/ trades:
Armfield
Warnock
White
Ellard
Watson

Also, the only real major re-signing we have is Kreuzer & Henderson (going by our contract status thread). A heavily front-loaded contract should do the trick for getting Danger.

Signing one player at a cost of 10% of the salary cap doesn't necessarily mean we're not also putting in those good foundations. As has been mentioned before, we sign Danger whilst still being able to recruit some good young talent. For me, it's better than trading for talent where only one or the other can obtained. I believe the 'quick fixes' they are referring to are the McLean-like trades where first round picks were traded for an immediate impact player.

Given our aggression (or at least the will to be aggressive) at the trade in the past 2 years, it will be interesting as to which way we choose to go.
No doubt SOS will want to make impact and that may be made somewhat easier given we're slowly becoming a club of choice, again.
At least we're not boring any more :)

No, I have a crack at posters for posting cryptic s**t without actually saying anything. I've never asked someone to reveal a source. My post is pretty clear, someone high up at the Crows told a family member Danger is going to Geelong. I'm not going to say who.

Thanks to Elite Crow from the Adelaide board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given our aggression (or at least the will to be aggressive) at the trade in the past 2 years, it will be interesting as to which way we choose to go.
No doubt SOS will want to make impact and that may be made somewhat easier given we're slowly becoming a club of choice, again.
At least we're not boring any more :)

Thanks to Elite Crow from the Adelaide board.

I was told early on in '11 that a few at Carlton thought Murph was off to GWS.. anything can change

Also worth considering that Danger has the same manager as Dale Thomas, Patrick Ryder, Dayne Beams and a host of other recent controversial trades

This is going to be an uncomfortable year for Adelaide fans of Dangerfield as the waters will be muddied.

Well I was just reporting a quote I saw in the Herald Sun a couple of weeks ago (regarding Salary Cap Space).
The club is still hamstrung by Robbie Warnock's contract and maybe one or two others from the previous regime.

I think right now, Dangerfield isn't a recruiting priority (although he would be great for membership numbers).
I would want the club to lock away some of our prized young guns to long term deals (Menzel esp) first and foremost.

I certainly don't think (unfortunately) that we will be in contention for a flag in the time left in Judd and Simmo's magnificent careers.

Unless the club is playing its cards close to its chest, I haven't seen anything (media or otherwise) linking us to Dangerfield anyway. (Mind you no one had an idea that Buddy was going to sign with Sydney either)
Gotta think strange thoughts about a sign-up more interested in watching Dangerfield than our developing fleet of youngsters. I get shivers so bad every time Menzel gets near it I have to gather my cardigan tighter around me.

Has anyone posted on the Crows board that they saw Danger and MM having breaky together the other day?
Nothing in it. I was on a nearby table at Brunetti's in Lygon Street.

Just a large brown paper bag given to Danger under the table - probably a bag full of biscotti. :D

Last edited:
Gotta think strange thoughts about a sign-up more interested in watching Dangerfield than our developing fleet of youngsters. I get shivers so bad every time Menzel gets near it I have to gather my cardigan tighter around me.

Oh you crazy ole thing

Love a guy in a cardy...

Yep Menzel is special

sc006f0b07.jpg

is this you?

If we get Dangerfield, who would get dropped?
Would hate to see any youngsters go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back