Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many supporters will truly lament the loss of Ellard? Emotional attachment will exist where a player displays skill and commitment, if one of those don't exist they are quickly forgotten. If pick 3 is the next Bontempelli, we'll suddenly be as emotionally invested as we currently may be to Kruez.

If SOS builds a successful team supporters will not begrudge the decisions made to get there. We need someone with the character to back themselves in and cop the flack that may come before the results.

I was more responding to the notion of being offered Hogan and Brayshaw for Cripps and jumping at it. On the surface, purely on value + value = value, it's a good deal BUT Cripps is the first bonafide Carlton grown superstar elect we have had for eons and fans have jumped on board and are looking forward to seeing how good he gets. There is something to be said for not stripping the heart and soul out of the place. Some players you build around and you don't * with them.

More just a segway. The fact we love Cripps so much when he hasn't even been at the club for two years sort of validates my point though.

So I spoke with someone from flight center who told me Carlton's pre season trip next year is around the world trips flying 1st class.

Using the money saved by the sale of everyone!

That's business but if Collingwood are willing to pay him 3 million plus for a bloke with suspect feet, that's an act of desperation for a club sitting 12th on the ladder.

I don't disagree with you there but I do see their huge appeal of having a combo of Grundy and Kreuzer with both being extremely mobile around the ground.

More just a segway. The fact we love Cripps so much when he hasn't even been at the club for two years sort of validates my point though.

Outside of our #1s who we placed faith in before they had shown anything, because they were #1 picks and quite frankly we were desperate, I can't remember the last time Carlton fans were united in passionate support of a young player.

The answer is probably Lance Whitnall, due to his father-son and manboy status, and prior to that probably Silvagni (father-son on an even larger scale).

It doesn't happen often. It takes someone extremely special.

Does Collingwood's interest mean that they have given up on Treloar? Surely they can't afford to outbid us on Kreuz and bring in Treloar on top of that.

It's a good question. I wonder if there is some thought of this being the final outcome could be;

To Collingwood: Kreuzer (and hoping he's their version of Daisy Thomas)
To GWS: Pick #3 or 4 (and something else, maybe a swap of picks somewhere)
To Carlton: Adam Treloar

--

Unless Brisbane shock the world and upset the Dogs (and we lose to the Hawks as expected) I'd rather have something tangible than pick 3/4 as compensation for Kreuzer if we lost him.

If Kreuzer goes I will forego my membership, rescind my support for Carlton and the AFL, slowly withdraw from society, establish my own principality, and live out my days in a polygamous, tax dodging, football free utopia.

So you are clearly one of those pick 3 is worth it posters. Good to know. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a muted mil

show_image.php

That's just rubbing mil's face in it...

One had no hair, the other way too much.

Would have been so much fairer to split it 50/50?

Pie board have him replacing Witts but not if more than 400k.

LOL.

If that's all that they offered him it'd be matched in a heartbeat.

Is that the study of politicians with rocks in their head?

Funny but no. It's a method of studying foreign policies in order to comprehend political behavior through geographical variables such as but not limited to demographics, climatology and natural resources. For example, some of Australia's foreign policies are heavily shaped due to the mining industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back