FTA-TV Boardwalk Empire

Remove this Banner Ad

He's in the latest season of Fargo and the way I initially recognised him was the way he grunted (if that makes sense). Anyways, he's a shady character in Fargo, but I felt that he had some redemptive qualities until my wife pointed out that I was probably just projecting some of Richard Harrow's qualities onto this new character. His story arc was hands-down the best on BE.

it does

Watched the first two of Fargo...did it get better? I really struggled to get into it sadly
I'm still slogging along coz its Fargo, think I have 2 eps to go but... meh, its 'fine' I guess but you could probably skip it, weakest of the 4 seasons for mine.
I actually really loved it (although that's a discussion for another thread), but only mentioned it because of the comparison of Jack Huston's character in both shows. But if you haven't been hooked in by the first couple of episodes, you probably won't. I was on board from the opening "history of immigrant crime families" setup. Thought that was done brilliantly.

Early seasons of BE were pretty elite. I think it was just a show that was better at introducing fascinating characters and developing them for a bit, but once they'd had a kind of arc the show struggled to know what to do with them and you felt their shelf life (historical constraints as well). Increasingly had to lean in on the Buscemi lead, whereas the rest of the major roles really only merited two season storylines at most. Ultimately it was all about Nucky and the backdrop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back