Premiership Player
May 14, 2007
Reality
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Utah Jazz
Hi All,

I had an incident today at Box Hill Station.

*** The Scenario ***
I was walking down the escalator to the train platform. A bloke was blocking the right hand over taking lane and I asked to move to the left. He proceeded to abuse me and as I was walking past him he shoved me in the back. I then picked him up by his shirt and rag dolled him into the ground. He got up quite quickly (I only damaged his pride). He then looked like he wanted to get a knife out of his back pack so I closed within punching range (but not knifre range). If I saw his hand disappear into the backpack it would've been light out for him ... luckily things didn't escalate beyond that.

Q. Did I go overboard?

Also it's time that the public make a stand against this kind of scum.

• Banned
Hard to say without being there, depends if you sparked things by being rude to him or if you simply said excuse me etc.

A few shoves happen and nobody threw a punch which is the main thing. If you're concerned a weapon is about to be pulled you're probably within your rights too.

I don't think it's relevant whether I was rude or nude. He was the the one that sparked a physical altercation. There was no need for him to shove me from behind.

You cop a shove to the back so you decide that the best thing to do is pick him up and throw him to the ground? Two wrongs...

What would you do? Whimper off into the shadows or stand up for yourself? I decided to make stand.

Hi All,

I had an incident today at Box Hill Station.

*** The Scenario ***
I was walking down the escalator to the train platform. A bloke was blocking the right hand over taking lane and I asked to move to the left. He proceeded to abuse me and as I was walking past him he shoved me in the back. I then picked him up by his shirt and rag dolled him into the ground. He got up quite quickly (I only damaged his pride). He then looked like he wanted to get a knife out of his back pack so I closed within punching range (but not knifre range). If I saw his hand disappear into the backpack it would've been light out for him ... luckily things didn't escalate beyond that.

Q. Did I go overboard?

Also it's time that the public make a stand against this kind of scum.
Watch out. We've got a bad ass over here.

And I think you know the answer to your own question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice one!!! I like that after years of publicised train situation a hundred times more offensive, it of course takes a personal clash for you to be offended and take notice. So yeah let's all take a stand for you, not the people who have actually been victimised or seriously injured!

Just another day and another example of vermin who I'd love to swap over on Christmas Island for someone who actually wants to partake in civil society.

Seems like the tosser was lucky to only have a dirty knee if he gave you a mouthful of abuse.

I astonished by the amount of keyboard warriors who have responded to this thread. A bogan starts a physical altercation and gets put in his place and you have the audacity to call into question my actions????? Very sad reflection of the ingrained fear and cowardice in today's society.

It's very possible you came across as a jerk when you asked him to move, impossible to know without being there.
Still that doesn't excuse him shoving you. If you put your hands on someone it's game over.

The correct thing to do after you passed him and claim he pushed you in the back, would be to keep walking.

He's probably started a thread somewhere about yuppies who think they're Charles Bronson in death wish.

The correct thing to do after you passed him and claim he pushed you in the back, would be to keep walking.

Maybe you're right. But after hearing about the a-hole who belted the blind person and disabled kid on the bus last week ... I thought enough is enough! As a society we can no longer accept this kind of behaviour.

I astonished by the amount of keyboard warriors who have responded to this thread. A bogan starts a physical altercation and gets put in his place and you have the audacity to call into question my actions????? Very sad reflection of the ingrained fear and cowardice in today's society.

Wouldn't it be easier to just ignore the push, keep walking to your destination and avoid any physical altercations or violence? I just can't see any good in fighting back

Maybe you're right. But after hearing about the a-hole who belted the blind person and disabled kid on the bus last week ... I thought enough is enough! As a society we can no longer accept this kind of behaviour.

rofl this is the dumbest reasoning I've ever heard

Because somebody belted a blind guy, you decide to ragdoll a completely different person in an "enoughs enough!" stance?

My neighbour killed my dog, so yesterday I robbed the 7-11 to even the score!

Wouldn't it be easier to just ignore the push, keep walking to your destination and avoid any physical altercations or violence? I just can't see any good in fighting back

didnt you hear? someone belted a blind guy, so its only right he belted this guy to square things up!

rofl this is the dumbest reasoning I've ever heard

Because somebody belted a blind guy, you decide to ragdoll a completely different person in an "enoughs enough!" stance?

My neighbour killed my dog, so yesterday I robbed the 7-11 to even the score!

Your idiocy is utterly astounding. I rag dolled a completely different guy becuase he started a physical alteraction.

The blind guy incident is just an example of what kind of things we let people get away with in society. If more people stood up for themselves, others and what's right we'd have a much safer and better public transport system.

What would you have done if you saw a guy hit a blind person? I'm guessing you would have been quivering in the corner in fear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back