Bomber suing Essendon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Actively wanted the doping program stopped, my understand is that to his knowledge it had. Yet he had to ask five times for it to stop. How active was he? If you have to tell them five times, you either don't care that much or are incompetent due to your lack of observation. Surely after the second time you had to say it, it would become an absolute imperative?

2) Only person so far to suffer a financial penalty (no holiday in France and pay upfront) But he wasn't suspended was he, and he hasn't paid the fine? Then got the cushy head coach job for the next year that would have seen a bonus in his pay packet surely? IMO he got off very lightly. I fully expect to see him receive an SCN along with Hird and Reid if players are suspended.

He was happy enough to knife Hird in the back at the B&F after he'd been told he'd get the gig when they sacked Hird the next day.

I wouldn't him coaching my club.
but the 30k fine was inconsequential. its fiat money and its fungible for chrissakes cos he was always gonna re-up and negotiate a new contract and someone gotta pay the piper and the affal gets its 17/18th of the 35k or 30k or however much the fine was into consolidated revenue.

Ultimately, the members kinda pay, and the coteries, when they ring u up in the membership dep't and attempt to have you upgrade your membership or reserved seating or a bomberbiltz donation... some percentage of this extra coin, goes to paying the fines, and paying for MBAs

I feel for him. Definitely was told he had the job after Little had called AFL house to let them know that Hird was sacked. As Little didn't pull the trigger quick enough to stop the email and phone onslaught they couldn't sack Hird, not to mention a few players threatening to walk if Hird didn't get the gig.

However, the club did try hard to find him a role but stopped short of what they should have done. Given Craig the arse and Thompson the development role.

Pretty sure they can't pay the fines.

No what they should have done is given both Hird and Craig the arse, Bomber is a better bet than either of them, the club would have also started to head in the right direction you cant have a coach over-powering the board and then both stay in their roles, it was time to cut the cord on Jimmy but they didnt have the balls so unfairly they pulled the pin on Bomber instead, imo.

It's not my business but you have to start to question how many of the Essendon faithful have to be sacrificed at the alter of Hird before this is all over, it must be having a negative effect at the club both on and off the field no matter the profit you made and all the wonderful things they keep telling the supporters etc.

I'm still not convinced that Bomber shouldn't be scrutinized more by ASADA.
Wasn't he the man who got 'The Weapon' and Dank to Essendon in the first place, after having them at Geelong?
And YES, I do think that Geelong were dabbling in things while these guys were there.
''Stephen Dank was never employed by us and we never used his services.'' Brian Cook Geelong CEO 2013.
Every club in the competition pushes the envelope "dabbling in things", not every club sends players across the road for injections of a dubious nature.

No what they should have done is given both Hird and Craig the arse, Bomber is a better bet than either of them, the club would have also started to head in the right direction you cant have a coach over-powering the board and then both stay in their roles, it was time to cut the cord on Jimmy but they didnt have the balls so unfairly they pulled the pin on Bomber instead, imo.

It's not my business but you have to start to question how many of the Essendon faithful have to be sacrificed at the alter of Hird before this is all over, it must be having a negative effect at the club both on and off the field no matter the profit you made and all the wonderful things they keep telling the supporters etc.
They tried to give Hird the arse and give Bomber the job. He told them what would happen if they did. They backed down.

I'm still not convinced that Bomber shouldn't be scrutinized more by ASADA.
Wasn't he the man who got 'The Weapon' and Dank to Essendon in the first place, after having them at Geelong?
And YES, I do think that Geelong were dabbling in things while these guys were there.

Except that there's no evidence of Dank ever working with Geelong. He did, however, work with the Suns, but it appears as though that was a shade short of "Black Ops".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I sue them as an AFL fan for duress & trauma caused by this scandal? :D
Fortune+Cookie1.jpg

no,..I have hated them for 30years, but no, the fact is as a club they were on a huge roll on and off the field since the early 1980's. They went from bigger than average, to massive, especially through the 1990's. Made the mistake of moving to the Docklands in pursuit of money/gouging their supporters (curtailed their growth from reaching Collingwood size), didn't manage the transition from Sheedy (admittedly an almost impossible task), then shafted Knights (warranted sacking, but the manner in which it was done is a tell-tale sign something had started to rot), dealt with getting hird and then bomber in a quite underhand way...and then embarked on a 'pharmaceutical expermiment' on its own players, with only a dragged-out, insincere acknowledgement of any wrong doing. Now, they have the tail (hird) wagging the dog, and no one, not even Little is able to put any breathing space between this debacle and moving forward. It gone from scandal, to farce, to tragi-comedy, to total organisational cultural meltdown. Superficially, the same people, the same walls and windows, the same big building with 60,000 members and a profit... but there's a cancer inside now, thats been at work for at least 3 years, hollowing out the club one organ at a time and while the club is only displaying relatively mild visible symptoms presently, the people who oversaw the growth of the club in the last 30 years probably don't realise, but most of their work is already destroyed.

Its a cliché I know, but Richmond supporters can probably identify this endemic poisonous trend better than most. We had an empire in 1980, arguably bigger than Collingwood, we still reached a GF in '82, but the leadership had already become morally bankrupt and it was one ruinous decision after another - (financially, strucutually,strategically, organisationally, morally, coach & playerwise) and deluded by our size and history for the first 3-4 years we didn't realise how much of our club was being cannibalised in the process... and then it was too late and we were literally ruined. Essendon are either at, or have already crossed that point right now.... and like us, I don't think their supporters will realise it for a couple of years yet. You cant dig your way out of this particular kind of cultural hole without total change from top to bottom: and there's absolutely no chance of that happening for at least 2 years now I'd say. This is going to roll on with largely the same actors and issues in2015, and in one form or another, well into 2016.. and the legacy.... the legacy for years more again.

3 years? yeah, and besiders Daniher, how many you bucks to they have to takeover when Goddard and Jobe go into the ether, or strangle them with ether

they wont have any solid B graders in the 1993/4/5/6 so the depth will kill them, in a few years. And free agency wont appeal to mercenaries wanting more cash at Hindy Will. They will go to Carlton instead, or Freo.

''Stephen Dank was never employed by us and we never used his services.'' Brian Cook Geelong CEO 2013.
Every club in the competition pushes the envelope "dabbling in things", not every club sends players across the road for injections of a dubious nature.
its all about the plausible deniability.

guvanance shmuvanance. implausible undeniability (pleonasm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back